Bank of China

Bank of China Employer Reviews

Good Company with good culture and people
Internship (Former Employee), C30February 10, 2014
It is fun to do internship at Bank of China. It is Monday to Firday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Patience with Clients
Intern (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 7, 2014
My job in Bank of China was to answer all the questions that client had and solve the problems the clients had as much as possible. Sometimes, I could meet some really uncooperative clients. They really let me know how to deal with them and I became more patient than before.
Chairs in the office are super comfortable
Summer Loan Intern, Loan Department (Former Employee), C25November 23, 2013
Engaged in a syndicated loan project with a coaching team and assisted bankers providing loan services
Performed data entry and resolved discrepancies
Good place for working
Corporate Client Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Pingdingshan, CNNovember 22, 2013
We faced all kind of clients, with different personalities and different cultures, every day, which made working there is funny and challenge. Most of the managers here are nice and willing to teaching new staffs here.
good
Summer Analyst (Former Employee), ChinaNovember 6, 2013
I love all of my managers and colleague there.. And the culture is quite friendly. I learned a lot from different people.
good
Loan Departmant Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2013
Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
Interview loan applicants in order to obtain personal and financial data, and to assist in
completing applications.
Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan
forms, and tax receipts.
Contact customers by mail, – more... telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of
applications.
Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using
computers.
Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms,
government notices, and checks, using computers. – less
Good work and life balance
Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: no overtime
Cons: less challenge work
When worked for this wholesale bank with large customer base, it was easy to maintain work and life balance.
productive
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Bank of China, Shandong, ChinaAugust 30, 2013
The work time is from 8am to 6pm. As a new intern, I follow the stuff to do the deposit and e-banking.
Famous company, efficient and well managed
Assistant of financial Analyst (Former Employee), C19July 29, 2013
I learnt how to work in a team. Everyone was focus their own position but none of them forgot the big picture, the final target.
Productive and friendly workplace
Intern at Trade Service Department (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2013
This bank offers a productive working environment. I really appreciate this internship opportunity, from which I learned the process of trade service and trade finance operations and miscellaneous practical skills. The co-workers there are nice and friendly.
Dealt with data everyday
Assistant of financial Analyst (Former Employee), C19June 19, 2013
Collected information to identify the trends and prepared reports for financial analyst.
Assisted to performed data research, technical analysis and portfolio devising.
Calculated and indicate the risky levels of investment portfolio
Researched and updated stock market and economic information for the analyst
Great name, great place, great culture, great people!
Summer Analyst, E-Banking Department (Former Employee), C30June 8, 2013
Great name, great place, great culture, great people! One of the best experience as an intern. Feel respected and learnt a lot. Had deep bonding with boss and got return offer.
lagging
Credit Intern (Former Employee), NeijiangApril 21, 2013
aggressive management team due to performance pressure from higher levels. working environment is not so professional and internal training is lagging
A good place for starters to learn about the financial industry
Financial Advisor and Analyst (Former Employee), Mudanjiang, HeilongjiangMarch 29, 2013
Quickly learning and very challenging in sales and communication skills. Need to be customer oriented and be prepared to deal with all kinds of situation.
A workplace to get well understanding of a Chinese structure company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2013
I work as a full time employee at Bank of China, and I work from Monday to Friday. In this bank, I am able to interact and cooperation with co-workers from all over the world because there are branches in Asia, Canada, and Europe. I have learned the Chinese culture from this job and understood how a business style of a typical Chinese Company.
productive work place
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
not a bad choice, not good for new graduate
but i need to move on
valuable internship
Intern as a Credit Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Xiamen, Fujian Province, ChinaMarch 9, 2013
Pros: learn new things and make new friends
Cons: a little boring and unpaid
1. I did both professional work (e.g.writing credit report, contact customers through phone) and non-professional work (e.g.print and copy documents, organized my co-workers' documents).
2. I had opportunity to practice my VBA skill and also I learned how to communicate well with customers.
3. My supervisors are very nice and I got along well with my – more... co-workers.
4. The hardest part of the job was that I felt like I was overqualified for that position and I would love to do something more challenge. – less
a place you can learn much from
Intern (Former Employee), shenzhen, cnJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch
BOC is one of the biggest bank in china. i meet many highly-competent people during my internship and learn much from them. in addition, the management of BOC is reasonable.
One of the most challenging part of working in BOC is about how to handle the relationship with the customers. employee of a bank should always smile to the customers in all situations.
good reputation in China
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), C30January 28, 2013
I was responsible for assisting senior members in conducting financial analysis as well as writing industry research.
routine working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), C02January 10, 2013
usually handled daily and basic transactions as clients required.

About Bank of China

Bank of China Limited (BOC), one of the big four state-owned commercial banks of the People's Republic of China, is China's oldest – Read more