Bank of China

Bank of China Employer Reviews

it might be the best Chinese bank in us
Clearing Department Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: not too much tension
Cons: health care, salary
It might be the best Chinese bank in us, but it pays like you were working in China. If you are not Chinese, little chance here for you to be promoted coz all heads are from China. Head office send them here.
work life balance
SVP & Head of Treasury (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
good work life balance place

you can learn a lot from the job

grow very fast
Busy
Summer Intern-Management Rotation Program (Former Employee), C32June 5, 2014
As a national company, Bank of China seems never lack customers.During my internship, one point I learn is you must be very attentive and careful when doing transcat business.My co-workers and mentors are very hardworking and responsible.The only cons I think is employees often have to work late due to a large mount of daily work.
Productive and fun workplace
Vice President- Compliance Department (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
A typical day in the Bank consist of managing and leading a team of analysts to ensure their tasks are completed on time.

I work with a group with strong team spirit. Which make the task much more fun and easy to accomplish.
Good place for interns, great learning opportunity
Intern (Former Employee), C10April 28, 2014
Great working environment, you can learn what you want to learn, if you do want to.
Bank style job
Assistant Analyst (Former Employee), Jinan, ChinaMarch 2, 2014
Not much passion. Routine job everyday. Could easily get bored. Benefit is good
Harmonious working environment, firm friendship between colleagues.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work was to assistant manager deal with related businesses, including corporate business and personal business.
I learned how to fit the fast-paced environment in banking field.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers' transactions in first week when I was not familiar with the business. The most enjoyable part of the job was I contributing to create a harmonious working atmosphere between colleagues. We can communicate with each other and solve problems in a timely manner.
Nice People, heavy workload, but very challenging and interesting.
Manager Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Haining, CNFebruary 18, 2014
Meet clients
Review client documents
input customer information into database
Precious work experience in bank
Associate Analyst, IBD (Former Employee), ChengduFebruary 12, 2014
Both technical and customer services,preparing data for the team and,including excel data analysis,and customers walk-in services.First experience in bank industry,get to know the overall working procedures.
Good Company with good culture and people
Internship (Former Employee), C30February 10, 2014
It is fun to do internship at Bank of China. It is Monday to Firday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Patience with Clients
Intern (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 7, 2014
My job in Bank of China was to answer all the questions that client had and solve the problems the clients had as much as possible. Sometimes, I could meet some really uncooperative clients. They really let me know how to deal with them and I became more patient than before.
Chairs in the office are super comfortable
Summer Loan Intern, Loan Department (Former Employee), C25November 23, 2013
Engaged in a syndicated loan project with a coaching team and assisted bankers providing loan services
Performed data entry and resolved discrepancies
Good place for working
Corporate Client Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Pingdingshan, CNNovember 22, 2013
We faced all kind of clients, with different personalities and different cultures, every day, which made working there is funny and challenge. Most of the managers here are nice and willing to teaching new staffs here.
good
Summer Analyst (Former Employee), ChinaNovember 6, 2013
I love all of my managers and colleague there.. And the culture is quite friendly. I learned a lot from different people.
good
Loan Departmant Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2013
Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
Interview loan applicants in order to obtain personal and financial data, and to assist in
completing applications.
Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan
forms, and tax receipts.
Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of
applications.
Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using
computers.
Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms,
government notices, and checks, using computers.
Good work and life balance
Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: no overtime
Cons: less challenge work
When worked for this wholesale bank with large customer base, it was easy to maintain work and life balance.
productive
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Bank of China, Shandong, ChinaAugust 30, 2013
The work time is from 8am to 6pm. As a new intern, I follow the stuff to do the deposit and e-banking.
Famous company, efficient and well managed
Assistant of financial Analyst (Former Employee), C19July 29, 2013
I learnt how to work in a team. Everyone was focus their own position but none of them forgot the big picture, the final target.
Productive and friendly workplace
Intern at Trade Service Department (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2013
This bank offers a productive working environment. I really appreciate this internship opportunity, from which I learned the process of trade service and trade finance operations and miscellaneous practical skills. The co-workers there are nice and friendly.
Dealt with data everyday
Assistant of financial Analyst (Former Employee), C19June 19, 2013
Collected information to identify the trends and prepared reports for financial analyst.
Assisted to performed data research, technical analysis and portfolio devising.
Calculated and indicate the risky levels of investment portfolio
Researched and updated stock market and economic information for the analyst

About Bank of China

Bank of China Limited (BOC), one of the big four state-owned commercial banks of the People's Republic of China, is China's oldest – Read more