Bank of Hawaii Employee Reviews

Great environment
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJanuary 11, 2016
Great environment and people. Always felt encouraged and supported by the management team to learn more and to cross-train.
Learned alot about escrow accounts and the mortgage process. Very heavy work load.
Escrow Account Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Downtown HonoluluDecember 9, 2015
Great learning environment lots of responsibility and opportunity for growth. Loved the location and the sense of accomplishment I felt while there.
Pros
Free lunch once a year and Starbucks downstairs
Bank of Hawaii
Branch Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kaua‘i, HINovember 10, 2015
Market was low, branch closed and the restructure was very difficult on staff. I loved working with my branch, but there was more emphasis on marketing, than financial management.
Pros
Branch was hard working and honest
Cons
Corporate down sized with no warning
DOCUMENTATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 20, 2015
Good work atmosphere, care about employees, growing on daily bases to meet customer satisfaction. Enjoy working with the company and the employees.
Pros
Job friendly
Cons
Work backs up at times
Banking
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 7, 2015
Standard office job. Management was very good at offering the necessary material to learn and advance. Typically dealt with the closure and release of mortgages. Poor compensation.
A sound company.
Trust Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 4, 2015
It was a great place to work. Providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
As in most work places, there can be many challenges. I have learned the importance of prioritizing task and time management.
What has fulfilled me the most, is not only what you have done for someone, but the process that lead to that moment.
Hearing and seeing the smiles.
what ive learned
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hagatna GUAugust 24, 2015
You learn something new everyday and it may not all be good but you learn to grow from it. Patience is a virtue.

REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT
very busy and changing environment
Client Service Division Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIAugust 22, 2015
always changing environment with something new everyday. My typical day includes overseeing everyday procedures and operations. I am responsible to directing and supervising the customer service representatives in effectively handling customer calls efficiently and professionally. If needed, I handle escalations and resolve problems faced within the company and callers. I develop, coach, and motivate representatives daily while providing direct support to the representatives and management.
Nice people, a lot of analytical work
Consumer Lending Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2015
• Account Management and financial data entry
• Assess clients Equitable income and loan amount received
• Analysis of individual account standing, analysis of credit information and adherence of loan documentation to Fair Lending Laws and Regulations –FDIC
• Collection and handling of confidential financial and credit client information

The hardest part of the job:
Remembering to go to lunch because you get so busy with so many projects you forget to slow down.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The knowledge gained in regards to Equity and mortgages
A lot of rules and regulations
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 21, 2015
I worked at Bank of Hawaii-Ala Moana branch and I liked it because it was usually very busy. I started as a regular teller then after a year I became a business teller. I helped customers with their accounts.
productive
Money Processor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 19, 2015
As a money processor I've learned handling cash experience. i counted large amount of cash and balancing checks. i inputted deposit from business.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Tamuning, GU - Best Branch Ever!!!
BRANCH SERVICE ASSISTANT/TELLER (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJanuary 18, 2015
I have an awesome colleagues, best team work. Nice bosses. Good benefits and incentives. All are professional and friendly. I love my job.
aweful
Senior Market Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 3, 2015
top jobs only for natives of hawaii
favoritism
director of risk management never worked in any risk management dept.
they destroyed a perfectly safe asset portfolio of municipal bonds with flooding it with exotic MBS's months before the economic crash.
Pros
location
Like working with teams in diffrent departments
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 17, 2014
Most of the time was on time oriented, everything was time. I learned how to do deposits and everything was by the minutes. The hardest part was when things was confusing and timing. It was to stressful. The enjoyable part was our breaks. :(
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
small pay
Work environment, great co workers, best manager to work for
CBR II (Former Employee) –  Oahu HINovember 13, 2014
manangement team top notch
coworkers made it a great work environment
growth and knowledge base
productive work environment
Pros
manager, co workers, customers
Cons
pay, advancement was limited
Challenging and fun
Vault Services Teller (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 18, 2014
First experience working in a financial institution was a challenge I expected. Balancing monies, coins, account balancing, foreign exchange and prepare changefund made the days a challenge. It was worth it and fun at the same time.The hardest part of the job is when you don't balance, down to the penny. It could be nerve racking but it's telling us to be careful the next time. The best part of the job is when everyone is working as a team. When one is done with their part, we help others to complete theirs. We can't leave when one is done, we leave when all is done. Co-workers and management are friendly and compassionate, as I stated, we are team.
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
n/a
I love my Co-workers
Internet Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 23, 2014
-On a typical day we take an average 50-60 calls.
-In between calls we answer incoming emails from customers and the regular call center.
-I am a part of our online banking team, that consist of 6 of us.
-I love working with my team, we have each others back and can count on one another for help.
-My supervisor Danielle is amazing. She's very helpful and takes the time to explain certain situation so we can understand and she also keeps us in the loop. She makes sure we read important notices and understand them.
Pros
long lunches, free gym to go to, paid sick days.
Local branch banking and trust business
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 5, 2014
The company sees itself as a Goldman Sachs of Hawaii, but it's business is really just branch banking & trust for the locals.

Too many malicious old-timers satisfied with bottom-level position and not willing to grow, but claiming for all the benefits of seniority. If you see someone that makes you wonder how he/she got hired at the first place, that's the one.

Low pay and limited advancement opportunities unless you want to get into management. Perhaps, that's why young people leave in their first to second year.

Education & experience level for investment management group is considerably low compared to industry standard.
Pros
location. community recognition
Cons
poorly educated, limited-knowledge local employees
Fun work place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJune 24, 2014
Loved my co-worker very helpful and together
Benefits where great
Fast paced work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, Hi 96707June 9, 2014
This job was a good job in regards to staying busy all the time. The management was well rounded as well