Bank of New York Mellon

Bank of New York Mellon Employer Reviews

Great Place
Secretary/Word Processor Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: great place to start my career
Cons: n/a
My typical day consisted of answering telephone, making travel arrangement, setting up meetings and typing reports.
Great work environment
Accounting & Reconciliation Team Lead (Current Employee), Westport, CTJune 11, 2014
Great work environment
Allows for growth
Highly intelligent co-workers
Learn at a higher level.
LOVE WORKING FOR THEY
TELLER MANAGER / CSR (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: growing with the company.
Cons: 41k, paid vacation.
Created strategies to expand sales & goals. Making sure the customers comes first. Executed customer transaction, including making deposits for them. awesome company to work for. FIVE STAR ALL THE WAY.
A great atmosphere
Corporate Actions Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: reputable company, cafe in building, supportive coworkers
Cons: in downtown so parking was diffiuclt
During my experience at BNY Mellon I was very lucky to work with a very talented and welcoming team. I never felt like I worked in a tall building part of a huge corporation. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and took interest in what I did. My manager was nothing short of exceptional, who was always there to help but in no way micromanaged. He made – more... our weekly staff meetings short and fun while getting all the important highlights across.
Truly one of the most enjoyable work experience so far for me. – less
Client Executive Sr. Associate
Client Executive Sr. Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
No room for upward mobility. Compensation for this role is low compared to competitors.
Production Driving Company
Module Processor/Data Entry (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 6, 2014
A Typical day at work, processing Customer account with extreme accuracy,

What I have learned, must be very detail oriented,clear thinking, must be alert at all time

I was able to get alone with all my co worker

My most enjoyable part of the job was to complete my task within the 24th turn around
great workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Westborough, MAJune 5, 2014
learned budget
cash forecast
knowledgeable co-workers
great managers
Enjoyed working for BNY Mellon
Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2014
-Handled and performed high financial risks, by processing daily cash transactions: Mutual fund purchases/sales, multi-million international/domestic wires, outgoing checks, ACH transactions
-Daily identified and processed data entries to resolve cash and share discrepancies on various types of errors by researching, troubleshooting and analyzing
-Flexible – more... team-player responsible for auditing and releasing financial statements as per compliance, in an accurate and timely manner for institutions, corporations and individual investors
-Provided professional support to clients concerning processing, accounting, and reporting questions in a timely and accurate manner
  – less
Good Culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: comp.
-Work/Life Balance,
-compensation is not that great
- clueless Management
Only work here if you are desperate
Operations Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
There are really no words. It is just a very sad place to work.
A great foot in the door
Senior Trading Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
A great foot in the door, adequate room for advancement. NOt the best pay, but everyone says that.
Challenging, productive and friendly place to work
Operations Administrator Associate (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJune 1, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: the time constraint on projects
My duties consist of opening company systems for daily operations, reconciling FX accounts, managing team members to run operations and improve or streamline daily processes. I learned to handle difficult, time sensitive deadlines and work with colleagues in handling projects to completion. The people I work with are professional and friendly. Some – more... of the toughest times occur at the end of the month, all of us had to do twice the work because of month end reporting. The best part of the job is the exposure I get to different departments and what I learned from them, as well as the satisfaction of successfully meeting demanding requirements for accuracy and timeliness in an ever changing environment. – less
Reconciliation Specialist:
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Chuluota flMay 30, 2014
Reconciliation Specialist:

Prepared Asset Reconciliations between our client and various custodians which enabled the fund administrators to prepare detailed client activity to provide to the client.

Downloaded investment assets to Excel Templates, using macros, formulas and performing manual matching which performed analysts of the reconciliation – more... and also ensured it was accurate and balanced.

Downloaded cash transactions from multiple custodians and uploaded to the BNY Data Base System which provided the cash reconciliation team with the information they needed to monitor the investors accounts and move monies where appropriate.

CNL Group, Inc: Feb 1992- June 2006
Team Leader New Business/Investor Relations:

Supervised 4 associates to insure all investments received met SEC requirements before accepting them.

Received and processed a volume of over $1M of investments each day for Real Estate Investment Trusts and Private Placements and ensured the funds were deposited in a timely manner to meet SEC and company requirements.

Researched and Resolved problems for Custodians, Financial Advisors and Internal Accounting on a daily basis which improved customer service and enhanced customer relationships

Created Daily, Monthly, Weekly, Annual Escrow Reports to accounting regarding funds received for investment and sales information data.

Received a Great Job Award for working under stressful conditions to close out several funds at the same time with a reservation system while making sure the investors, financial advisors, and company was compliant and maintained effective relationships with the Broker/Dealer Community.

Created and updated a Training Manual to ensure the quality of work was instilled into each associate.

Received a Collaboration Award for working with Team Members to make sure a Real Estate Investment Trust was in proper order to transfer to a Publicly Offered Reit.

Worked together with Managers and Co Workers to change a manual process to a more effective process of scanning all information received before processing. This ensured it was received and directly uploaded to the data base system in a timely manner. – less
NA
NA (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2014
BNY Mellon has been the foundation of my career whom has provided the unique opportunity of true global exposure.
awesome pay
Document Custody Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2014
*Servicing paper back files-over 200 per day
* Awesome oppportunity to learn more about mortgage and the interest rates, recorded documents, etc
* fast-paced enviornment
Good Company
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee), Everett, MAMay 27, 2014
Management is pretty low in standards. Culture is good but tough to work and feel good about the job for what you are paid.
Great Place To Learn
Investment Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: benefits, management, it
This is a great place to learn if you are interested in wealth management. It will definitely help you decide if you would like to continue in the field.

Your advancement in the firm depends highly on who your manager is and who you associate with. At times, hard work is not enough to move up the ladder.
Call center that is controlled to the second of every work day.
Shareholder Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Westboro MaMay 27, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
The environment is very not conducive to having a balance of job, work and life balance. Trying to get time off for even a dr appointment is near to impossible.
i hated it
US Strategic Agent Specialist III (Contract) (Current Employee), Westborough, MAMay 23, 2014
I was awful. if you enjoy browning nosing than, this company is for you.
Awesome friendly work environment
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2014
It is a great privilege for anyone to have the opportunity to work for a reputed company like BNY Mellon. The work environment and co-workers are awesome. The company and my team gave me the opportunity to showcase my skills and contribute to the company growth.

About Bank of New York Mellon

Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon – Read more

Bank of New York Mellon Photos