Bank of New York Mellon

Bank of New York Mellon Employer Reviews

It was a nice place to work at.
Portfolio Investment Accountant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2014
Pros: i like the area
Cons: investments weren't my field.
I liked working there. I learned alot and it was always challenging.
My co-workers were very nice and friendly. I loved my supervisor and my manager. They were very encouraging and a good role model.
Limited opportunity and no professional growth
Fund accountant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Printed reports for daily and monthly reconciliation and placed in a box for storage.
Extremely Corporate
Investment Analyst - Client Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2014
It all depends on the team you're joining. Management picks favorites and ignores the rest. If you want to advance your career and move ahead, get ready to suck up and be the teachers pet.
Financial Services
VP and Sr Relationship Manager, Platinum Client (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: weak bonus structure
Financial Services firm. Well Recognized, oldest Bank in US
Good if you like the same routine with no advacement.
Bank Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits, management
Cons: location, lunch breaks are short, micro management
Atomosphere is good, work culture is good. Management likes to micro management. Completing dail logs, hardest part has having on 30 mins for lunch getting in trouble if you were even 5 mins late, management calling overtime 1 hour before you shift was over. Working weekends was hard when you have a family. Most enjoyable was the people you met, coming – more... in everyday and knowing exactly what you were going to do that day, healthcare coverage was amazing, 401K plans were amazing. – less
Learned a lot from this company
Assistant Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: learned a lot. the company recognizes the contribution of staff
Cons: stressful job
This company provided my foundation in fund accounting
Learned about accounting systems, fund accounting and the investment industry
Management recognizes staff with their contribution
The job was stressful'
Enjoyed the company of co-workers on the job and off the job.
a small processing center
Data Entry Operator System Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Company hires a wide range of people and has all shift options.
Great place to start
CORPORATE TRUST ANALYTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
The work culture is very old fashioned. A good place for young people to get their feet wet. Not a good place to stay and grow. Culture is for older more seasoned individuals.
A decent 9-5 job
Vice President -Corporate Trust Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: decent hours
Cons: pay raises
The best part about BNY Mellon were the people, and the work/life balance. Pretty much a decent 9-5 workplace. The pay isn't great, but it's not bad. No financial incentives to do much more than your job.
Fun workplace
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Irving, txFebruary 19, 2014
Review loans
Print barcodes for the loans to be filed in the vault Log bailee information daily onto an Excel spreadsheet
Track loans when they first arrive to my team
Professional but nice, friendly place to work
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: comfortable at the work i did.
Cons: the department was outsourced to india
A typical day at work was very busy, handling a lot of things at once. I have to say that I learned a lot working at the bank. I started many years ago and worked my way up to management. My co-workers were very nice and hard working. The most enjoyable part of my day was the jokes we shared with each other.
Productive workplace and great for entry level employees
Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day was pricing over 40 funds and verifying all check have been made on income and principal portions as far as cash and share positions. Responsible for divided checks and corporate actions that went ex on securities held in funds.

My coworkers were great and was an overall great team-oriented environment with help available at all times.
Great environment and people
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great culture
Loved working here. I was the Senior Administrative Assistant for the site and enjoyed the independence and freedom to do my job. I was allowed to develop my position to a much more senior level than indicated in my title. Often times I was involved in more complex duties outside of the scope of job responsibilities. Culture and people were amazing. – more... I grew to learn new skills in Event Planning, Logistics, client customer service and work with non-profit organizations. My skill set was cultivated by great management. – less
I have nothing nice to say
Senior Mutual Fund Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
The best thing about the company are people. They are hardworking and fun. The bank is outsourcing heavily, therefore there is no job security. Unless, you're willing to move to Florida (Lake Mary), or Delaware. In past few years, I have not learned much. The work itself had been disected so much, that each of us is performing only one task , which – more... at the end makes us greatly unmarketable.Thank you – less
Nice place to work
ESO Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: public transportation
Cons: if we did drive to work, parking was expensive
It was a nice place to work but they closed our department. The managers did give us plenty of notice that we were losing our jobs.
Decent
Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: decent benefit and paid time off
Cons: used to have good health care benefit which now have been taken away.
This is a big company and a lot of it will depends on which group you are in. Some group have exactly management and knowledgeable co-worker which you can draw for resources. You learn to spot out exception on various data.
what I learned
Account Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Researched, analyzed and monitored overdrafts, sale fails, corporate actions, principal and income payments including derivative security transactions
Job
Trust administrator (Current Employee), pittsburgh paFebruary 13, 2014
good place to get experience but not much room for advancement, but definitely a good learning experience and dealt a lot with how trading works, as well as payments, and wires. overall im happy with the job itself, where as the environment could use some improving.
Subject Matter Expert
Vice President, Global Analytics (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Troubleshoot Models against MBS Waterfalls
Review Legal Documents
Assist Junior Analysts
No comment
VP - Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
I had great co-workers.
Was there for 12 1/2 years.
Hours were long as users spanned the globe.

About Bank of New York Mellon

Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon – Read more

Bank of New York Mellon Photos