Bank of North Georgia Employee Reviews

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 12, 2015
Good place to work. I would recommend if you are not looking for a face paced or high stress environment. Great work and life balance.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 23, 2015
Great position for any person of all ages to start in banking. This position teaches you the basics of banking.
Be ready to tackle a different issue everyday with customer service.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No cons. You need to love working face to face with people.
Could use improvement
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
The Bank of North Georgia is a good place to work while in school and typically has a good work/life balance. However, advancement is difficult to come by unless you know someone. The pay could definitely be better since most employees are long-term employees. They do provide dental, vision, medical, long-term disability, and 401(k) plans though. Incentive pay is paid monthly, and the personal goals are typically easy to reach. Branch goals are reached by some, if not most branches, but are harder for some branches to reach than others.
Pros
travel pay, insurance, retirement plans
Cons
pay is below average when compared to the industry
It is a good company to work for
Personal Banker Senior (Current Employee) –  Kenensaw, GAFebruary 2, 2015
It is a good company to work for, a very good enviroment. It has a Christian bases. They have 43 locations in metro Atlanta area. Great customer service.
Everyone worked together to
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Working together to ensure we accomplished all that was required on a daily basis.Helping customers with any and all needs.

Co workers were great everyone worked together as a team

I enjoyed the fact that we could all work together and if anyone needed help we would jump in and do what needed to be done.
Great Manager, Very organized
Construction Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GaJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work involved preparing for construction loan closings. The paperwork had to be completed to send to loan committee to get the loan approved. Once approved you had to be sure if the property was in a flood zone as well as send the paperwork to the attorney to get the loan to close. After the loan closed you would send the inspector out to inspect the property per the builders request. If work had been done the builder would receive a draw that week. Builders had to keep their insurance up to date so it was my responsibility to be sure they had current liability and workers comp. Also, I had to make calls to collect on the interest if the builder had not made their payments. Lots of customer service involved with this job. The phones rang off the hook.

This job is where I learned about liability and workers comp insurance. Also, learned about how the draws worked. I really loved this part of the job. I guess the hardest part of the job would be calling the builders about being past due on their interest payments.
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Reconciled Market Value (RMV) deals with the defaulted loans. It helps business to decide whether the borrower qualifies to the Make Home Affordable (MHA) or Chase's TMQ plan. If asset is having a good RMV and the business will try to bring the loan to current state by using an application called LOANMOD which can give the flexibility to make modifications to the loan taking borrower's hardship for money into account
Delighting Customers by Living the Bank's Customer's Covenant
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 15, 2014
Creates, develop and implement sales strategies
Plans, organize and manage all sales activities
Identifies, analyze and implement new methods and techniques to determine sales growth
Analyzes the company's sales policies and recommend proper improvements and changes
Establishes and implement sales objectives and goal
Experienced professional with a successful career in banking, business development, and administration
Excelled at interfacing with others at all levels to ensure organizational goals are attained
Proactive approach that has resulted in capturing numerous accounts and expanding client base
Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
Excel within highly competitive environments where leadership skills are the keys to success
Pros
satisfaction for customers
Cons
i don't have alot of cons
Was a good Job
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 12, 2014
A typical day was always busy and had great coworkers. Learned a lot though couching and management was good.
Great place to work if you want to grow
Teller Manager/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 29, 2014
This was a very supportive company. At BNG they strive for excellence.
Pros
unlimited training and career advancement
I enjoyed my customers
Head Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working with customers, helping to solve problems and directing them on products that best benefit them. I liked the responsibility of running and supervising the teller line, but most of all I enjoyed the collection position I had at Bank of North Georgia. I enjoyed the challenge.
benefits
Fun place to work
Staff Accountant - Mortgage Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Not a highly stressful environmnet. Slow paced in regards to career advancement.
Pros
great benefit
Enjoy team members great work/life balance
Assistant Branch Manager, Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2013
I enjoy working for Bank of North Georgia because you are rewarded for your production and the company cares about their employees.
Good place to work with quality products to offer the customer.
AVP-BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McDonough GeorgiaOctober 26, 2012
A typical day consisted of managing the day to day operations of a retail banking office, with outside Business Development calls, and community involvement activities through Civic Club and Chamber membership.

The hardest part of the job and the least favorite activity was the outside calling. The best and most enjoyable part of the job for me was the customer service. It is always my goal to try to make the customer feel that visiting my office was the highlight of their day!

Bank of North Georgia is a division of Synovus which allowed them the privilege of offering a great Benefits and Compensation package to their employees.
Bank OF North Georgia
Bank Teller I (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 22, 2012
I get to work early every morning. When I get there I walk to my window, log into the computer, and prepare everything for the day’s work. At 9 Bank of North Georgia opens and customers start coming in. My jobs requires me to deposit checks, cash checks, move money around for clients, help clear up account problems, and answer questions. I personally have not had any problems with managers or the other tellers. All in all I find the job to be pretty rewarding; decent pay, the hours aren’t too bad, and I have the chance for advancement.
Larger bank with a community feel
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2012
Wonderful staff and customers. Felt like a small town bank, I knew all of my clients by name and often by voice over the phone. Started off as a head teller and quickly became a personal banker. Consistently met and exceeded all my sales goals.
Great Place to work
Professional Bank Teller II/Backup Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 25, 2012
9-5 with exception but all worth your time. Loved my co-workers. Small atmosphere with lots of growth opportunity.
Pros
scheduling, job responsibilities, atmosphere.
Cons
locations