Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews in United States

Look elsewhere for a career or job!
Teller/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 24, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked for! Benefits are the worst, pay is down right insulting and the working environment is a hostile one. The Management structure is unethical and they do not care about their employees. As others have stated, HR keeps nothing confidential so the " Open door policy" is a joke. There are much better banks to work for. If you have any integrity, Don't waste your time working here as you will not fit in and be an outcast.
Pros
There are a few good people that work there
Cons
Everything else
it's a terrible place to be
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 2, 2016
over worked under paid,
show you are willing to do what it takes to advance all you get is more responsibilty no raise and no praise.
depending on where you are located co workers can be awesome.
customers will probably be your reason for staying not the company itself.
hardest part of the job is getting up and coming in and waiting all day for the day to be over.
most enjoyable parts of the day from 8:00-8:30 am when you dont have to really do much. whatever time you take your hour long lunch hour and when it is time to punch out.
Pros
good benenfits, good hours, holidays and paid vacations as well as 401k plan
Cons
over worked and underpaid ..no room for advancement ..
Worst management team I have worked for
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
I worked for Bank of the Ozarks for almost 2 years and hated my job about 90% of that time. Management was AWFUL! I have never felt so unappreciated, unhappy, and unvalued while working here. My manager stayed in her office all day, never built relationships with customers, never trusted her employees, and didn't really know what she was doing. I have no idea how she got a position in management. The assistant manager wasn't any better. She constantly stayed in her office and made remarks like, "If you knew how to do your job correctly..." or told her employees that they are not efficient. This is not how employees should be treated.HR is awful too. I went to HR about the horrible treatment I was receiving and they turned around and made it seem like it was my fault. They were disrespectful, rude, and treated me like a child. I will never recommend this bank to anyone.
Pros
Met some very sweet customers
Cons
Management, HR, Training, and the whole company
Racist Company ever especially in Southlake
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 26, 2016
Be warned, the manager and other processor are best friends. They will seclude you instead of include you. There's favoritism and treat you like nothing poor communication skills poor management skills poor teamwork skills.. I have video, this is the worse place ever if you are of color. I warned you stay the away.
clique
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2016
Double standard is the phrase of the day. If you fit and are allowed into their clique, everything is great. If you don't fit, your every move will be critiqued. What's good for some is not good for others. Some can decorate their area like it is their home. Other are not allowed to have a bottle of lotion visible.
Pros
some bank holidays
Cons
the coworkers, not all bank holidays, insurance, paid time off.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 22, 2016
If at all possible stay away from BOTO. Management will stab you in the back and talk about you to other associates. Management plays favorites amount associates. Management is a JOKE. Corporate people in AR think they are better than you.
The only enjoyable thing about working there are the CUSTOMERS.
Pros
Customers
Cons
poverty level pay, insurance to expensive to afford, bank does not appreciate their associates
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2016
A typical work day consisted of opening accounts, and some teller work. I learned all my basic skills of banking, debits and credits and how the proof work processes. My manager and co workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was learning all the banking jargon and how to explain that to customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Productive, fast paced environment
Leasing Assistant-Insurance&Titles (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced and constantly busy. Requires meeting deadlines, must produce accurate and thorough work. The hardest part is finding a stopping point, because of deadlines you never really want to put things off for followups. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take on more challenges due to the demanding needs of the banking world.
Pros
Friendly & Professional work environment
Cons
Heath care plans
Prooductive
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 21, 2015
Good company with decent benefits. The office had a very positive environment. The only dislike was the traffic on the way to and from work.
Management skills need to be reviewed.
Loan Assistant - Commercial Loans (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Management at the time was extremely critical and often berated employees in front of customers and other employees. I do not feel this is a proper way to assist your employees to be better associates with a company.
Productive work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2016
This company has been great. I have learned many things that include account management, strengthen my customer service skills, and have broadened my overall knowledge of the banking industry.
Fun and Fast-paced
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 3, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working here. Benefits could be better, but they typically pay higher wages than other banks I have worked at that offered more extensive benefits.
Great Place to work
Loan File Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARApril 22, 2016
Hands down the best place I have ever worked. Amazing managers and co workers. Benefits were good. Days and hours could be flexible if needed.
Pros
Great people, good company
Cons
low wages
Great Place to Work
Administrative Asst Corp Finance (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2016
Fair treatment, competitive wages and fast paced environment. Supervisors are easy to work for and policies and procedures are fair. Compensation is also fair.
Run away
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArAugust 23, 2015
You are requried to work long hours in a stressful work environment, dealing with everything you they throw at you and customers while trying to balance at the end of the day. Its impossible. While I was there we lost every single teller and CSR 2 presidents and a bank manager because this is not a customer or empoyee orenited company. HR is the worst about keeping things private, my exit interview was shared with my immediate suporvisor whom I still had to work with for two weeks. It is a hostile work invironment because its every man for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Everything about BOTO...
Great learning experience - very knowledgable employees
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a great deal about Human Resources in a banking environment. Management was very disconnect from their employees. Co-workers did not communicate with each other about anything other than work. Not an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
the benefits were not very good.
It's A Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARNovember 9, 2015
The management in the operations center for online banking do not give people that are not from their small town a chance. I experienced quite a few problems from employees and management alike. If you are not from their tiny town in Ozark, Arkansas then they don't want you to work for them.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarskville, AROctober 3, 2012
Secure the building every morning by driving around the building, and looking for any damage or anything suspicious. Had one person go in to secure the building. Once they came out to give the all clear, I came in and timed in. Started the coffee maker, logged into my drawer. Then grabbed my drawer from the vault using Dual Control. Counted my drawer several times throughout the day.
My co-workers were always willing to help me out if I had any questions. I worked with a multi-line phone, worked with customers in the drive through and walk in. My manager was always there if I needed an over-ride or had any questions. I also faxed and copied items to customers, as well as printed off statements and sent out Birthday Cards. The hardest part about the job was when it would get extremely busy and the computers would shut down and reboot during a transaction. I enjoyed working with everyone and I enjoyed helping customers with there accounts.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
part-time didn't get any benefits.
Poor- stay away
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 18, 2016
If they buy you out they will find a way to get rid of former employees. They don't value longevity and loyalty and they find ways to make your job unbearable.
Pros
None what so ever.
Cons
Friendly and professional setting! Great environment!
Loan Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARMay 3, 2012
I have worked for Bank of the Ozarks for about 8 months now, I work in the Loan Administration department as a Loan File Review Clerk. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful. All of the management and staff are very professional and respectful. The company as a whole is great with good benifits and paid sick and vacation times. I cannot recall a time where I did not feel this way about the bank or any of it's employees.
Pros
1 hour lunch, comfortable break rooms and lounge areas!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the Ozarks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9