Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Poor- stay away
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 18, 2016
If they buy you out they will find a way to get rid of former employees. They don't value longevity and loyalty and they find ways to make your job unbearable.
Pros
None what so ever.
Cons
Credit Administrator / Servicing Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
There were a lot of opportunities for young people to get exposure to a lot of different roles in the company and get experience.
Look elsewhere for a career or job!
Teller/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 24, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked for! Benefits are the worst, pay is down right insulting and the working environment is a hostile one. The Management structure is unethical and they do not care about their employees. As others have stated, HR keeps nothing confidential so the " Open door policy" is a joke. There are much better banks to work for. If you have any integrity, Don't waste your time working here as you will not fit in and be an outcast.
Pros
There are a few good people that work there
Cons
Everything else
It's A Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARNovember 9, 2015
The management in the operations center for online banking do not give people that are not from their small town a chance. I experienced quite a few problems from employees and management alike. If you are not from their tiny town in Ozark, Arkansas then they don't want you to work for them.
This is a good place to work
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 10, 2015
I like working with Client and solve there problems concerning hardware and software malfunctions and upgrades, however I desire a more challenge where I work
Pros
Time alloted for work not extremely demanding
Cons
Pay structure not to good.
RUN AWAY
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArAugust 23, 2015
You are requried to work long hours in a stressful work environment, dealing with everything you they throw at you and customers while trying to balance at the end of the day. Its impossible. While I was there we lost every single teller and CSR 2 presidents and a bank manager because this is not a customer or empoyee orenited company. HR is the worst about keeping things private, my exit interview was shared with my immediate suporvisor whom I still had to work with for two weeks. It is a hostile work invironment because its every man for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Everything about BOTO...
Prooductive
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 21, 2015
Good company with decent benefits. The office had a very positive environment. The only dislike was the traffic on the way to and from work.
Teller/CSR
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 13, 2015
I loved my customers and miss them. This was a fun job as I wasn't constantly doing the same thing every day! My customers kept me on my toes and where all sweet. Hardest part of my job would be when I would try to help someone over the phone and had to take there number to call them back due to being so busy in house.
Great learning experience - very knowledgable employees
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a great deal about Human Resources in a banking environment. Management was very disconnect from their employees. Co-workers did not communicate with each other about anything other than work. Not an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
the benefits were not very good.
Banking company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 17, 2015
The company itself its a leading and growing small bank. Be prepared to work independently as they keep management busy what, what is considered to be other important things besides being at the actual work place or defending their employers.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work for definitely a place where you are able to move up. I cant say enough great things about this place. Cant ask for a better place to work. Co-workers are simply the best. Only thing that really sucks is having to do the ATM unguarded.
Growing Bank
Vault Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 19, 2014
I enjoyed working for this financial institution. There wasn't room for advancement.
A good place to work; a lot of growth and expansion to become the #1 bank in the nation
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Paris, AROctober 14, 2014
multiple phone calls; review of accounts; loan requests/review for approval; facility issues; great team of co-workers always ready to assist customer; collection of past due loans; budget & growth projections; serving the customers of our area
Good employer
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 2, 2014
I worked in the call center. Job duties included answering calls from customers or branches with questions regarding online banking and ATM/debit cards.
Good work-life balance, and great management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2014
I was sad I had to leave this company for personal reasons. There was a lot of autonomy and freedom considering the other financial institutions I've worked for.
Great Place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2014
Teller pay is not the best and your life is on the line every day with bank robberies.
Not a very good place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  NCApril 9, 2014
Company doesn't offer decent pay rates, holiday pay or any type of benefits for part time employees. You are required to go above and beyond the call of duty for very low pay rate. Expected to fill in for full time employees so that they can enjoy their benefits of holiday pay. BAD PLACE TO WORK! Bank of America offers benefits to ALL employees part time or full time. They do not encourage other employment so that you are available anytime needed.
Cons
unexpected call ins, no benefits of any kind. bad place to work.
Nice people poor management
Loan File Processor (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARMarch 24, 2014
allows you to miss for personal reasons as long as you make up time; benefits are ridiculously inadequacy. no advancement but plenty of extra work to be handed to you with no pay compensation.
Highly detailed work requiring great amount of attention.
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Cairo, GAMarch 17, 2014
I love the challenge of this job. Although there are some very constant duties there are always new things to learn.
Excellent place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 14, 2014
Wonderful bank that meets customer needs. All employees went above and beyond to make sure each client's experience was hassle free.