Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Low pay and sneaky management
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2016
As stated in the other reviews the pay is very low. There are absolutely no incentives just a generic email saying "Great job." We underwent a huge system change in a matter of months which required working late and off days ( I was even there a Sunday). My coworkers and I were positive we would receive an incentive but what did we receive? A pen. If management did not like you they would pick on you until you quit or would make up false accusations to get you out the door. I like to think of them as snakes hiding behind smiling masks. Everyone that started quickly left-even managers! I even had a manager TELL me that a position was opened and then closed to give a "favorite" enough time to get their resume in! That should be all you need to stay away. I enjoyed my coworkers and MY managers were always awesome (2 quit) but that is really it.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Pay, benefits, corporate
Never work here
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 7, 2016
I'm a current Bank of the Ozarks employee, and I don't think I've ever hated a job so much in my life. BOTO plays favorites. For example, I had a family member pass away and my boss expected me to be back at work the day after the funeral when it was out of state because her favorite had a date. There is no room for advancement, especially at the branch I am located. The pay is terrible, you can go to McDonalds and make more. The only decent thing, which isn't that decent, are the benefits. For someone who doesn't have any type of health insurance it makes it easy to get. I would not recommend BOTO for anyone. I have been actively looking for another job since my 1st month there.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
it's a terrible place to be
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 2, 2016
over worked under paid,
show you are willing to do what it takes to advance all you get is more responsibilty no raise and no praise.
depending on where you are located co workers can be awesome.
customers will probably be your reason for staying not the company itself.
hardest part of the job is getting up and coming in and waiting all day for the day to be over.
most enjoyable parts of the day from 8:00-8:30 am when you dont have to really do much. whatever time you take your hour long lunch hour and when it is time to punch out.
Pros
good benenfits, good hours, holidays and paid vacations as well as 401k plan
Cons
over worked and underpaid ..no room for advancement ..
Run... do not walk
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Worst bank I have ever worked in. Weak procedures to protect tellers, reported harassment and continued hostility in the branch and nothing was ever done. Management here is awful, they really only care about the numbers. Training was awful, you really are just sort of thrown out there to the wild. Definitely plays favorites and just awful. The whole experience there just was horrendous.i once got a call at 7pm on a Friday because co-workers were still at the branch. That was pretty typical there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Great Place to Work
Administrative Asst Corp Finance (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2016
Fair treatment, competitive wages and fast paced environment. Supervisors are easy to work for and policies and procedures are fair. Compensation is also fair.
Fun and Fast-paced
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 3, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working here. Benefits could be better, but they typically pay higher wages than other banks I have worked at that offered more extensive benefits.
Small town
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMarch 3, 2017
The location was in a small town, so you really got to know the customers.
Balance my drawer when I got in, and then help customers with their transactions.
Management was not always there, but available when needed.
Great Place to work
Loan File Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARApril 22, 2016
Hands down the best place I have ever worked. Amazing managers and co workers. Benefits were good. Days and hours could be flexible if needed.
Pros
Great people, good company
Cons
low wages
Lots of deals, opportunity to grow
Asset Manager/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
A great position to start off in both finance and commercial real estate, as they lend across all asset classes/geographies, and are very credit conscious. Tempers can run high around closing and quarter end, but being around smart people more than makes up for it. Also nice to be part of a company that is experiencing rapid but healthy growth.
Look elsewhere for a career or job!
Teller/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 24, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked for! Benefits are the worst, pay is down right insulting and the working environment is a hostile one. The Management structure is unethical and they do not care about their employees. As others have stated, HR keeps nothing confidential so the " Open door policy" is a joke. There are much better banks to work for. If you have any integrity, Don't waste your time working here as you will not fit in and be an outcast.
Pros
There are a few good people that work there
Cons
Everything else

Want to know more about Bank of the Ozarks?

Ask a question
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 4, 2016
Boto overall is a great place to work. I feel that they need to hear what the employees concerns are and do something about it. There will be a continuous high turnover if they do not start taking action.If they took more time listening to the employee concerns they would see the turnover rate drop tremendously. Cant run a business without employees.Listen to all concerns investigate .
Pros
Cons
Non
Pleasant Atmosphere
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
Awesome co workers, management could use some training in human relations in an organization. In a pleasant part of Houston, easy access to i10, Beltway 8 and 59
workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 30, 2016
A typical work day consisted of me doing multiple tasks that I could even not sign for. At many times I feel under appreciated by the staff. If you have a problem management will not resolve it.
Pros
schedule
Cons
hr, management
Worst management team I have worked for
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
I worked for Bank of the Ozarks for almost 2 years and hated my job about 90% of that time. Management was AWFUL! I have never felt so unappreciated, unhappy, and unvalued while working here. My manager stayed in her office all day, never built relationships with customers, never trusted her employees, and didn't really know what she was doing. I have no idea how she got a position in management. The assistant manager wasn't any better. She constantly stayed in her office and made remarks like, "If you knew how to do your job correctly..." or told her employees that they are not efficient. This is not how employees should be treated.HR is awful too. I went to HR about the horrible treatment I was receiving and they turned around and made it seem like it was my fault. They were disrespectful, rude, and treated me like a child. I will never recommend this bank to anyone.
Pros
Met some very sweet customers
Cons
Management, HR, Training, and the whole company
clique
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2016
Double standard is the phrase of the day. If you fit and are allowed into their clique, everything is great. If you don't fit, your every move will be critiqued. What's good for some is not good for others. Some can decorate their area like it is their home. Other are not allowed to have a bottle of lotion visible.
Pros
some bank holidays
Cons
the coworkers, not all bank holidays, insurance, paid time off.
confusing bank polices
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 28, 2016
They do not care about their part time workers like they care about their full time workers. They will not transfer you either, even if you are having family problems.
No room for advancement
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2016
The company is doing away with a lot of positions. They are not very organized. Pay is on the lower end of the scale. Training is non existent.
Pros
customers are great and great co workers
Cons
not a good career
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarskville, AROctober 3, 2012
Secure the building every morning by driving around the building, and looking for any damage or anything suspicious. Had one person go in to secure the building. Once they came out to give the all clear, I came in and timed in. Started the coffee maker, logged into my drawer. Then grabbed my drawer from the vault using Dual Control. Counted my drawer several times throughout the day.
My co-workers were always willing to help me out if I had any questions. I worked with a multi-line phone, worked with customers in the drive through and walk in. My manager was always there if I needed an over-ride or had any questions. I also faxed and copied items to customers, as well as printed off statements and sent out Birthday Cards. The hardest part about the job was when it would get extremely busy and the computers would shut down and reboot during a transaction. I enjoyed working with everyone and I enjoyed helping customers with there accounts.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
part-time didn't get any benefits.
Friendly and professional setting! Great environment!
Loan Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARMay 3, 2012
I have worked for Bank of the Ozarks for about 8 months now, I work in the Loan Administration department as a Loan File Review Clerk. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful. All of the management and staff are very professional and respectful. The company as a whole is great with good benifits and paid sick and vacation times. I cannot recall a time where I did not feel this way about the bank or any of it's employees.
Pros
1 hour lunch, comfortable break rooms and lounge areas!
Productive work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2016
This company has been great. I have learned many things that include account management, strengthen my customer service skills, and have broadened my overall knowledge of the banking industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the Ozarks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7