Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 4, 2016
Boto overall is a great place to work. I feel that they need to hear what the employees concerns are and do something about it. There will be a continuous high turnover if they do not start taking action.If they took more time listening to the employee concerns they would see the turnover rate drop tremendously. Cant run a business without employees.Listen to all concerns investigate .
Pros
Cons
Non
confusing bank polices
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 28, 2016
They do not care about their part time workers like they care about their full time workers. They will not transfer you either, even if you are having family problems.
Pleasant Atmosphere
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
Awesome co workers, management could use some training in human relations in an organization. In a pleasant part of Houston, easy access to i10, Beltway 8 and 59
Run... do not walk
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Worst bank I have ever worked in. Weak procedures to protect tellers, reported harassment and continued hostility in the branch and nothing was ever done. Management here is awful, they really only care about the numbers. Training was awful, you really are just sort of thrown out there to the wild. Definitely plays favorites and just awful. The whole experience there just was horrendous.i once got a call at 7pm on a Friday because co-workers were still at the branch. That was pretty typical there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, management, culture
workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 30, 2016
A typical work day consisted of me doing multiple tasks that I could even not sign for. At many times I feel under appreciated by the staff. If you have a problem management will not resolve it.
Pros
schedule
Cons
hr, management
Low pay and sneaky management
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2016
As stated in the other reviews the pay is very low. There are absolutely no incentives just a generic email saying "Great job." We underwent a huge system change in a matter of months which required working late and off days ( I was even there a Sunday). My coworkers and I were positive we would receive an incentive but what did we receive? A pen. If management did not like you they would pick on you until you quit or would make up false accusations to get you out the door. I like to think of them as snakes hiding behind smiling masks. Everyone that started quickly left-even managers! I even had a manager TELL me that a position was opened and then closed to give a "favorite" enough time to get their resume in! That should be all you need to stay away. I enjoyed my coworkers and MY managers were always awesome (2 quit) but that is really it.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Pay, benefits, corporate
Never work here
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 7, 2016
I'm a current Bank of the Ozarks employee, and I don't think I've ever hated a job so much in my life. BOTO plays favorites. For example, I had a family member pass away and my boss expected me to be back at work the day after the funeral when it was out of state because her favorite had a date. There is no room for advancement, especially at the branch I am located. The pay is terrible, you can go to McDonalds and make more. The only decent thing, which isn't that decent, are the benefits. For someone who doesn't have any type of health insurance it makes it easy to get. I would not recommend BOTO for anyone. I have been actively looking for another job since my 1st month there.
Pros
Decent benefits
No room for advancement
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2016
The company is doing away with a lot of positions. They are not very organized. Pay is on the lower end of the scale. Training is non existent.
Pros
customers are great and great co workers
Cons
not a good career
clique
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2016
Double standard is the phrase of the day. If you fit and are allowed into their clique, everything is great. If you don't fit, your every move will be critiqued. What's good for some is not good for others. Some can decorate their area like it is their home. Other are not allowed to have a bottle of lotion visible.
Pros
some bank holidays
Cons
the coworkers, not all bank holidays, insurance, paid time off.
Productive work environment
Teller and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2016
This company has been great. I have learned many things that include account management, strengthen my customer service skills, and have broadened my overall knowledge of the banking industry.

Want to know more about Bank of the Ozarks?

Ask a question
Management skills need to be reviewed.
Loan Assistant - Commercial Loans (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Management at the time was extremely critical and often berated employees in front of customers and other employees. I do not feel this is a proper way to assist your employees to be better associates with a company.
it's a terrible place to be
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 2, 2016
over worked under paid,
show you are willing to do what it takes to advance all you get is more responsibilty no raise and no praise.
depending on where you are located co workers can be awesome.
customers will probably be your reason for staying not the company itself.
hardest part of the job is getting up and coming in and waiting all day for the day to be over.
most enjoyable parts of the day from 8:00-8:30 am when you dont have to really do much. whatever time you take your hour long lunch hour and when it is time to punch out.
Pros
good benenfits, good hours, holidays and paid vacations as well as 401k plan
Cons
over worked and underpaid ..no room for advancement ..
Fun and Fast-paced
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 3, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working here. Benefits could be better, but they typically pay higher wages than other banks I have worked at that offered more extensive benefits.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Asst Corp Finance (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2016
Fair treatment, competitive wages and fast paced environment. Supervisors are easy to work for and policies and procedures are fair. Compensation is also fair.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2016
A typical work day consisted of opening accounts, and some teller work. I learned all my basic skills of banking, debits and credits and how the proof work processes. My manager and co workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was learning all the banking jargon and how to explain that to customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Worst management team I have worked for
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
I worked for Bank of the Ozarks for almost 2 years and hated my job about 90% of that time. Management was AWFUL! I have never felt so unappreciated, unhappy, and unvalued while working here. My manager stayed in her office all day, never built relationships with customers, never trusted her employees, and didn't really know what she was doing. I have no idea how she got a position in management. The assistant manager wasn't any better. She constantly stayed in her office and made remarks like, "If you knew how to do your job correctly..." or told her employees that they are not efficient. This is not how employees should be treated.HR is awful too. I went to HR about the horrible treatment I was receiving and they turned around and made it seem like it was my fault. They were disrespectful, rude, and treated me like a child. I will never recommend this bank to anyone.
Pros
Met some very sweet customers
Cons
Management, HR, Training, and the whole company
Great Place to work
Loan File Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARApril 22, 2016
Hands down the best place I have ever worked. Amazing managers and co workers. Benefits were good. Days and hours could be flexible if needed.
Pros
Great people, good company
Cons
low wages
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 22, 2016
If at all possible stay away from BOTO. Management will stab you in the back and talk about you to other associates. Management plays favorites amount associates. Management is a JOKE. Corporate people in AR think they are better than you.
The only enjoyable thing about working there are the CUSTOMERS.
Pros
Customers
Cons
poverty level pay, insurance to expensive to afford, bank does not appreciate their associates
Racist Company ever especially in Southlake
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 26, 2016
Be warned, the manager and other processor are best friends. They will seclude you instead of include you. There's favoritism and treat you like nothing poor communication skills poor management skills poor teamwork skills.. I have video, this is the worse place ever if you are of color. I warned you stay the away.
Productive, fast paced environment
Leasing Assistant-Insurance&Titles (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced and constantly busy. Requires meeting deadlines, must produce accurate and thorough work. The hardest part is finding a stopping point, because of deadlines you never really want to put things off for followups. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take on more challenges due to the demanding needs of the banking world.
Pros
Friendly & Professional work environment
Cons
Heath care plans

2.7