Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Horribly run
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
The branch I worked at was horribly run. No work was done to help the financial rep bring in new business. No foot traffic, either. Co-workers did not cross sell at all.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat at, osphere
Bank of the Ozarks as a whole is good to work for.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I think with all of the different banks that Bank of the Ozarks buy, they need to get all of the employees on the same page to make a great work environment.
The WORST work experience ever.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2017
The management reflects small bank mentality. The majority of management are not qualified to manage the size or complexity of a large bank. They discourage new ideas in order to protect their jobs and major internal problems are hidden and not reported to protect the status quo. The worst work experience ever.
Pros
Not alot
Cons
Managememt mentality
Relaxed environment; pay far below market
Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 30, 2017
Very relaxed work environmnet and friendly people make the days enjoyable; however, management is infamous for paying below market so don't expect the "fast track" to riches here...more of a quality of life company.
stressful
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, NCAugust 28, 2017
The company is way behind on technology and marketing. Has nothing to offer as a competitive edge against other banks. the pay is very low and the environment is very stressful
Not a good place
Teller / CSR (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 24, 2017
If your not a yes man this is not the place for you! They say teamwork but then try and tear the team apart. The pay is not competitive to other finical institutions.

Sneaky Judgmental Inconsistency
Review Summary
Portfolio Monitoring Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
Fairly good place to work. Teammates and management are excellent. Opportunities for structured learning are limited.

Overall organization and communication could be improved. Compensation is on the low end and work culture is conservative and not very engaging or energizing.
Nice bank but growing too quickly for theor infastrcture
Human Resource Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2017
Nice bank but growing too quickly for theor infastrcture . Do not think it is being managed properly and expect a big decline in the future. I hope ghis isnt the case but that is where it appeara to be heades.
Great group of people when I was there early 2000's
Item Processing and Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARAugust 1, 2017
This was a very progressive and fun place to work when I was there from 2000 to 2006. Management was open-minded to new ideas, welcomed and encouraged anyone who wanted to excel, and continuously fought for higher pay wages.
Pros
Super friendly and eager to balance life situations
Cons
Pay at the time was relatively low for the area
horrible place to work for
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARJuly 25, 2017
management is a complete and total joke. They play favorites and have no idea how to treat good employees they will work you like a dog just to keep you doing all their work HORRIBLE place to work for!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive workplace
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work, not very high paced. The job is very repetitive. You will be doing the same thing daily. If you are good at your job you can move up pretty easily.
Great place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, AR 72830July 2, 2017
Loved the people I worked with daily. Great and fast service. Teamwork and safety was a big thing. Manager was very sweet but not to understanding. The job was not hard at all just a lot of teamwork needed.
Pros
Loved the job duties and my customers.
Cons
Manager was very personal.
A real meat grinder
Senior Vice President, Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 2, 2017
These people could not care less about their customers or employees. They want you to squeeze the customer for every dime you can get, until they leave the bank, then go find 10 more. You can never do enough for them. They threaten you with your job constantly. They give you a 2% raise at the end of the year and tell you that you are lucky to have a job. A month later, the Arkansas Business Journal comes out and shows the executive team all gets double digit or higher raises, and bonuses that are twice what our base salaries are. They are not the producers, work their people to death, do not compensate them adequately, then tell their people that they are lucky to work there.
Pros
Cons
Work/Life balance, constantly threatened with your job, can never do enough for them.
It was not a good Match
Assistant Vice President - Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2017
I would rather not comment on Bank of the Ozarks. It was not a good match for me. I would not recommend Bank of the Ozarks as a place to find employment.
Client Services Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2017
Understanding and cooperative team of people working together in a very friendly environment. Loved working there but the pay was really small. Had to quit as I could not even effort my children's school.
Good job experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ARMay 26, 2017
Good job experience, but stressful. Management was very critical often reducing me to tears. This caused a huge turnover. I learned a lot about banking that I never knew before that I have carried with me in the years since.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Stressful
Vice President (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 4, 2017
Excellent benefit package and great co-workers.

Most departments are constantly short staffed because executive management is overly concerned with the efficiency ratio.

There has been many mergers over the last few years which has resulted in internal chaos in many regions and departments.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, short staff
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 4, 2017
Decision and underwrite leasing EFA agreements. I have learned a lot about leasing, and underwriting commercial loans. Management has been very effective in communicating their purpose for me in this position. The workplace culture is open and very work oriented. The hardest part of my job is having to decline deals and disappointing customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with, and upper management.
Small town
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMarch 3, 2017
The location was in a small town, so you really got to know the customers.
Balance my drawer when I got in, and then help customers with their transactions.
Management was not always there, but available when needed.
Lots of deals, opportunity to grow
Asset Manager/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
A great position to start off in both finance and commercial real estate, as they lend across all asset classes/geographies, and are very credit conscious. Tempers can run high around closing and quarter end, but being around smart people more than makes up for it. Also nice to be part of a company that is experiencing rapid but healthy growth.