Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

horrible place to work for
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARJuly 25, 2017
management is a complete and total joke. They play favorites and have no idea how to treat good employees they will work you like a dog just to keep you doing all their work HORRIBLE place to work for!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive workplace
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work, not very high paced. The job is very repetitive. You will be doing the same thing daily. If you are good at your job you can move up pretty easily.
Great place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, AR 72830July 2, 2017
Loved the people I worked with daily. Great and fast service. Teamwork and safety was a big thing. Manager was very sweet but not to understanding. The job was not hard at all just a lot of teamwork needed.
Pros
Loved the job duties and my customers.
Cons
Manager was very personal.
A real meat grinder
Senior Vice President, Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 2, 2017
These people could not care less about their customers or employees. They want you to squeeze the customer for every dime you can get, until they leave the bank, then go find 10 more. You can never do enough for them. They threaten you with your job constantly. They give you a 2% raise at the end of the year and tell you that you are lucky to have a job. A month later, the Arkansas Business Journal comes out and shows the executive team all gets double digit or higher raises, and bonuses that are twice what our base salaries are. They are not the producers, work their people to death, do not compensate them adequately, then tell their people that they are lucky to work there.
Pros
Cons
Work/Life balance, constantly threatened with your job, can never do enough for them.
It was not a good Match
Assistant Vice President - Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2017
I would rather not comment on Bank of the Ozarks. It was not a good match for me. I would not recommend Bank of the Ozarks as a place to find employment.
Client Services Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2017
Understanding and cooperative team of people working together in a very friendly environment. Loved working there but the pay was really small. Had to quit as I could not even effort my children's school.
Good job experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ARMay 26, 2017
Good job experience, but stressful. Management was very critical often reducing me to tears. This caused a huge turnover. I learned a lot about banking that I never knew before that I have carried with me in the years since.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Stressful
Vice President (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 4, 2017
Excellent benefit package and great co-workers.

Most departments are constantly short staffed because executive management is overly concerned with the efficiency ratio.

There has been many mergers over the last few years which has resulted in internal chaos in many regions and departments.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, short staff
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 4, 2017
Decision and underwrite leasing EFA agreements. I have learned a lot about leasing, and underwriting commercial loans. Management has been very effective in communicating their purpose for me in this position. The workplace culture is open and very work oriented. The hardest part of my job is having to decline deals and disappointing customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with, and upper management.
Small town
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMarch 3, 2017
The location was in a small town, so you really got to know the customers.
Balance my drawer when I got in, and then help customers with their transactions.
Management was not always there, but available when needed.
Lots of deals, opportunity to grow
Asset Manager/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
A great position to start off in both finance and commercial real estate, as they lend across all asset classes/geographies, and are very credit conscious. Tempers can run high around closing and quarter end, but being around smart people more than makes up for it. Also nice to be part of a company that is experiencing rapid but healthy growth.
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 4, 2016
Boto overall is a great place to work. I feel that they need to hear what the employees concerns are and do something about it. There will be a continuous high turnover if they do not start taking action.If they took more time listening to the employee concerns they would see the turnover rate drop tremendously. Cant run a business without employees.Listen to all concerns investigate .
Pros
Cons
Non
confusing bank polices
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AROctober 28, 2016
They do not care about their part time workers like they care about their full time workers. They will not transfer you either, even if you are having family problems.
Pleasant Atmosphere
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
Awesome co workers, management could use some training in human relations in an organization. In a pleasant part of Houston, easy access to i10, Beltway 8 and 59
Run... do not walk
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Worst bank I have ever worked in. Weak procedures to protect tellers, reported harassment and continued hostility in the branch and nothing was ever done. Management here is awful, they really only care about the numbers. Training was awful, you really are just sort of thrown out there to the wild. Definitely plays favorites and just awful. The whole experience there just was horrendous.i once got a call at 7pm on a Friday because co-workers were still at the branch. That was pretty typical there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, management, culture
workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 30, 2016
A typical work day consisted of me doing multiple tasks that I could even not sign for. At many times I feel under appreciated by the staff. If you have a problem management will not resolve it.
Pros
schedule
Cons
hr, management
Low pay and sneaky management
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2016
As stated in the other reviews the pay is very low. There are absolutely no incentives just a generic email saying "Great job." We underwent a huge system change in a matter of months which required working late and off days ( I was even there a Sunday). My coworkers and I were positive we would receive an incentive but what did we receive? A pen. If management did not like you they would pick on you until you quit or would make up false accusations to get you out the door. I like to think of them as snakes hiding behind smiling masks. Everyone that started quickly left-even managers! I even had a manager TELL me that a position was opened and then closed to give a "favorite" enough time to get their resume in! That should be all you need to stay away. I enjoyed my coworkers and MY managers were always awesome (2 quit) but that is really it.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Pay, benefits, corporate
Never work here
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 7, 2016
I'm a current Bank of the Ozarks employee, and I don't think I've ever hated a job so much in my life. BOTO plays favorites. For example, I had a family member pass away and my boss expected me to be back at work the day after the funeral when it was out of state because her favorite had a date. There is no room for advancement, especially at the branch I am located. The pay is terrible, you can go to McDonalds and make more. The only decent thing, which isn't that decent, are the benefits. For someone who doesn't have any type of health insurance it makes it easy to get. I would not recommend BOTO for anyone. I have been actively looking for another job since my 1st month there.
Pros
Decent benefits
No room for advancement
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2016
The company is doing away with a lot of positions. They are not very organized. Pay is on the lower end of the scale. Training is non existent.
Pros
customers are great and great co workers
Cons
not a good career
clique
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2016
Double standard is the phrase of the day. If you fit and are allowed into their clique, everything is great. If you don't fit, your every move will be critiqued. What's good for some is not good for others. Some can decorate their area like it is their home. Other are not allowed to have a bottle of lotion visible.
Pros
some bank holidays
Cons
the coworkers, not all bank holidays, insurance, paid time off.