Bank of the Ozarks Employee Reviews

Worst management team I have worked for
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2016
I worked for Bank of the Ozarks for almost 2 years and hated my job about 90% of that time. Management was AWFUL! I have never felt so unappreciated, unhappy, and unvalued while working here. My manager stayed in her office all day, never built relationships with customers, never trusted her employees, and didn't really know what she was doing. I have no idea how she got a position in management. The assistant manager wasn't any better. She constantly stayed in her office and made remarks like, "If you knew how to do your job correctly..." or told her employees that they are not efficient. This is not how employees should be treated.HR is awful too. I went to HR about the horrible treatment I was receiving and they turned around and made it seem like it was my fault. They were disrespectful, rude, and treated me like a child. I will never recommend this bank to anyone.
Pros
Met some very sweet customers
Cons
Management, Hr, Training, and the whole company
Great Place to work
Loan File Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARApril 22, 2016
Hands down the best place I have ever worked. Amazing managers and co workers. Benefits were good. Days and hours could be flexible if needed.
Pros
Great people, good company
Cons
low wages
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 22, 2016
If at all possible stay away from BOTO. Management will stab you in the back and talk about you to other associates. Management plays favorites amount associates. Management is a JOKE. Corporate people in AR think they are better than you.
The only enjoyable thing about working there are the CUSTOMERS.
Pros
Customers
Cons
poverty level pay, insurance to expensive to afford, bank does not appreciate their associates
Racist Company ever especially in Southlake
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 26, 2016
Be warned, the manager and other processor are best friends. They will seclude you instead of include you. There's favoritism and treat you like nothing poor communication skills poor management skills poor teamwork skills.. I have video, this is the worse place ever if you are of color. I warned you stay the away.
Productive, fast paced environment
Leasing Assistant-Insurance&Titles (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced and constantly busy. Requires meeting deadlines, must produce accurate and thorough work. The hardest part is finding a stopping point, because of deadlines you never really want to put things off for followups. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take on more challenges due to the demanding needs of the banking world.
Pros
Friendly & Professional work environment
Cons
Heath care plans
Poor- stay away
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 18, 2016
If they buy you out they will find a way to get rid of former employees. They don't value longevity and loyalty and they find ways to make your job unbearable.
Pros
None what so ever.
Cons
Credit Administrator / Servicing Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
There were a lot of opportunities for young people to get exposure to a lot of different roles in the company and get experience.
Look elsewhere for a career or job!
Teller/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 24, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked for! Benefits are the worst, pay is down right insulting and the working environment is a hostile one. The Management structure is unethical and they do not care about their employees. As others have stated, HR keeps nothing confidential so the " Open door policy" is a joke. There are much better banks to work for. If you have any integrity, Don't waste your time working here as you will not fit in and be an outcast.
Pros
There are a few good people that work there
Cons
Everything else
It's A Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARNovember 9, 2015
The management in the operations center for online banking do not give people that are not from their small town a chance. I experienced quite a few problems from employees and management alike. If you are not from their tiny town in Ozark, Arkansas then they don't want you to work for them.
This is a good place to work
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 10, 2015
I like working with Client and solve there problems concerning hardware and software malfunctions and upgrades, however I desire a more challenge where I work
Pros
Time alloted for work not extremely demanding
Cons
Pay structure not to good.
Run away
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArAugust 23, 2015
You are requried to work long hours in a stressful work environment, dealing with everything you they throw at you and customers while trying to balance at the end of the day. Its impossible. While I was there we lost every single teller and CSR 2 presidents and a bank manager because this is not a customer or empoyee orenited company. HR is the worst about keeping things private, my exit interview was shared with my immediate suporvisor whom I still had to work with for two weeks. It is a hostile work invironment because its every man for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Everything about BOTO...
Prooductive
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 21, 2015
Good company with decent benefits. The office had a very positive environment. The only dislike was the traffic on the way to and from work.
Teller/CSR
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 13, 2015
I loved my customers and miss them. This was a fun job as I wasn't constantly doing the same thing every day! My customers kept me on my toes and where all sweet. Hardest part of my job would be when I would try to help someone over the phone and had to take there number to call them back due to being so busy in house.
Great learning experience - very knowledgable employees
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2015
I learned a great deal about Human Resources in a banking environment. Management was very disconnect from their employees. Co-workers did not communicate with each other about anything other than work. Not an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
The benefits were not very good.
Banking company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 17, 2015
The company itself its a leading and growing small bank. Be prepared to work independently as they keep management busy what, what is considered to be other important things besides being at the actual work place or defending their employers.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work for definitely a place where you are able to move up. I cant say enough great things about this place. Cant ask for a better place to work. Co-workers are simply the best. Only thing that really sucks is having to do the ATM unguarded.
Growing Bank
Vault Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 19, 2014
I enjoyed working for this financial institution. There wasn't room for advancement.
A good place to work; a lot of growth and expansion to become the #1 bank in the nation
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Paris, AROctober 14, 2014
multiple phone calls; review of accounts; loan requests/review for approval; facility issues; great team of co-workers always ready to assist customer; collection of past due loans; budget & growth projections; serving the customers of our area
Good employer
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 2, 2014
I worked in the call center. Job duties included answering calls from customers or branches with questions regarding online banking and ATM/debit cards.
Good work-life balance, and great management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2014
I was sad I had to leave this company for personal reasons. There was a lot of autonomy and freedom considering the other financial institutions I've worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the Ozarks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8