Bank of the West

Bank of the West Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
AVP, Business Systems Administrator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work is never typical, always something interesting and challenging. Involved in numerous projects to enhance Business needs for fraud detection product "Norkom". Supporting, planning, deploying and coordinating patch implementation around business needs of product improvements.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Manager, AVP (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 7, 2014
It's never a dull moment, just when you thought my day is planned out, something always steer me off track. I learned to stay focus, and prioritize things based on its importance.
We always have fun especially when there is an event that we have to celebrate by serving foodm games and prizes
Transaction Processing Clerk IV (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 4, 2014
Typically we start our day by greeting each other good morning and hello. I learned about how to understand the importance of providing quality support to a department or individual and especially to our customers. Our management taught us on how to be committed to what we do especially when dealing and interacting with the branches and customers. We – more... have to make sure that we always give them the best service that they need. My co-workers are all team-focused and career-committed. We treat each other with respect and professionalism. The hardest part of our job is when we make mistakes . We have to be accurate in giving them the right information. The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie and relationship with my co-workers. I also like when the bank recognize you every quarter for your hardwork and contribution to the department and the bank. – less
sales day
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), sherman oaks, caJuly 3, 2014
a typical day at bank of the west consists of: cold calling, canvasing for new business, working and obtaining new loans
GREAT
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 2, 2014
Amazing company to work for.Everyone is helpful and friendy.
Team players
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJune 30, 2014
Balancing and ordering of cash when needed. Balancing of several vaults throughout southern california.
They could have been a spectacular bank, but...
Employee (Current Employee), San FranciscoJune 27, 2014
Pros: good people, learned a ton, technology getting better
Cons: hiring retreads from competing banks - perpetuates the bad parts in banking corp culture
Started corporate wide layoffs with more to come this year. Strict budget contraints on raises and internal transfers. Not a good place to grow your salary. BNP Paribas $8.9 billion fine is trickling down to Bank of the West- squeezing out profit from employee salaries.
Bank of the West
Bank Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJune 24, 2014
I LOVED my co-workers within my office but many changes were happening with upper management. A lot was required from you but once goal was met the compensation wasn't there.
Great Work Environment
Administrative Assistant III, (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 22, 2014
Good work environment for growth and learning. Good opportunities to work nationally and internationally.
fun place to work with the most amazing customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Evanston, WYJune 18, 2014
Pros: vacation time and amazing benefits
Cons: no set schedule and no communication
On an average day at the bank I show up, log on to my computer get my daily cash out of the vault. I help customers by running deposits, withdraws, payments, and cashing checks. I am required to balance my cash throughout the day, and answer phones.
I have learned better customer service skills working at this job, as well as better organization skills.
When – more... it comes to working with coworkers I have learned that with out team work and communication it is hard to maintain stability and success in the work place.
The hardest part of my job in my opinion would be making sales. The requirements are a little high for the town that I presently work in.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers! They make work a blast for me! I love helping them when they have a problem and getting them an answer in a timely manner and making them feel secure when they leave. – less
Great place to start with no experince!
assistant manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2014
Pros: paid vacation paid holidays time off
Cons: breaks
Working @ BOW has been a learning experience, i have learned everything from office jobs to cash handiling and computers skills likw typing and using computer softwere.
A great place to work.
Senior Employee Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed helping others and being apart of a team. I worked in a busy Human Resources Dept.
Marriott was a good company to work for.
Telephone Banker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 10, 2014
Marriott is a very good company to work for. The company offered a lot of nice perks. The only reason that I resigned was because I needed full time employment, and there was no full time positions available.
good company work for
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Omaha NE 68114June 4, 2014
Pros: more customer service than sales
Cons: staffiing and
Collaborated with Branch Manager and Financial Service Consultants to create strategic plans to enhance customer satisfaction and branch profitability. .
· Work closely with other departments to promote sales contests, clarify information, and distribute reports. Gathered, analyzed, and reported daily/weekly/monthly sales and service statistics.
· Instrumental – more... in improving customer-satisfaction ratings through suggestion, development, and implementation of new reporting procedures.
· Increased employee knowledge with development and implementation of product knowledge training clinics.
· Enhanced employee performance and attendance through daily mentoring, one-on-one discussions and motivational strategies.
· Received outstanding positive comments from team members on employee reviews, as well as exceptional feedback from senior management – less
flexible schedule, and a take charge work place
Contact Center Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 23, 2014
i liked the fact that employees were given the power and tools to provide on call resolution for customers. each rep was trained to have some knowledge of every product and was effectively able to help customers with most of their general problems with too much transfers to other departments.
Educating place to work
Customer Care Center Representative (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 16, 2014
Fun people to work with, challenging daily activity to learn from, and great support in furthering your career path.
Perfect work life balance
Teller (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2014
Great Management and welcoming co-workers. Benefits were respectable.
Never appreciated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 7, 2014
Bank of the West has a great job culture, and some of the employees really do care a lot about their customers, but the products offered are not that great, and management doesn't really care about you. My branch manager was in their own world. They really didn't care about their staff as much as they should have. Great company to work for if you want – more... to go somewhere in the banking world. – less
Work
Accounting Controls Examiner (Current Employee), Omaha NEMay 4, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: substantial weekly hours of work
At typical day includes FDICIA documentation preparation and testing.
Bank Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2014
Customer service job in banking. Process day to day transactions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank of the West

What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves – Read more