Bank of the West Employee Reviews

Knowledgeable Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed working at Bank of the West due to the people and I worked with and people I come into contact with. Manager and co workers were excellent and supportive of any questions. helped customers with processing transactions as well as having conversations about making their banking relationship better.
Typical day
Service Banker III- Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 15, 2016
A typical day working was hard but when your motivated you'll make it through. The bank is facing high turn-over when hired you will work in a stressful work environment but it will get better later
Best work environment ever, Mangement was always there to help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 17, 2016
I loved every aspect of this job and the people I worked with. I loved going to work. Our moral was high and our management team was there helping us learn and grow.
Pros
I loved going to work
Cons
Long days
A great learning experience only.
Customer Services Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at a bank since I have not worked in such an environment before. Being introduced how cash flows through a bank into a customer's wallet was an incredible learning experience for me. However, I did not enjoy the constant sales pitches that were enforced. I did not enjoy trying to sell things that people didn't need. I also did not enjoy the management at that establishment. Overall, it was a very uncomfortable work environment. My typical work day included: opening up my teller station, help customers in line, clerical duties, try to sell as many things as possible, and close up/balance cash drawer. I enjoyed a majority of my coworkers since they were so helpful when I had first arrived. We all helped each other as much as we could and that was a great feeling to know that we are all part of a team. However, aside from technical duties of a teller, the bankers and management enforced new standards expected from us, which was selling, of course. This is a main reason for my resignation.
Excellent
CPS Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2016
I am pleased with my position at Bank of the West. A typical day at work involves me speaking with customers, branch reps, and answering customer emails.
Pros
Free lunches, unlimited learnig potential, unlimited chances to advance
Great Bank
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2016
Bank of the West is a great bank without the baggage that other large banks carry. Staff usually goes above and beyond to resolve problems and their products are very competitive.
Pros
Sound Banking
Cons
Less Brand Recognition
Review of Bank of the West
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 3, 2016
I worked for Bank of the West from 2012 and everyone I worked with was professional and dedicated to the job. The customer experience always came first when it came to doing your job
Data Analytics and Reporting Manager, VP (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 22, 2016
Very good place to work. Many smart and hardworking people. Career advancement opportunities. Good work / life balance. Many volunteering opportunities.
high sale goals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORSeptember 5, 2016
They really put a lot of pressure on employees to push new products to non/customers and current customers. Regional management is not very friendly.
Good Company
FINANCIAL SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 2, 2016
Small bank not much room to advance within the local area. Great customers, co workers and business partners. I loved working in the community in which I live.
Productive and Environment to share our ideas
ETL Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 13, 2016
Bank of the west is a nice place to work and we can keep sharing our new ideas and thought so wherever it is possible it can be implemented.
Great Base Pay
Service Banker I (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJune 21, 2016
I just got a job here today and I am starting out at $14 an hour, which is even more than I was expecting! Very pleased with the company so far. The managers were very nice in the interview
productive and challenging
Monetary Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 5, 2016
A great group to work with.I enjoyed the everyday challenge of seeking out mis-applied payments, meeting deadlines and balancing accounts.
Pros
Learned a lot of back office and escalated customer service skills
Cons
Slow Advancement
Very professional and fun environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAJune 28, 2016
Requires lots of heavy lifting.
Standing up 8 hours a day.
Lots of team work effort.
Duties, constantly making referrals.
Nice place to work and Friendly environment
Java Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 9, 2016
Co-workers are helpful. I have learn new technology from this place. I want to utilities skills in future job which I am learning in kaiser.
You always take a chance with a Corp of losing your job. Don't get to comfortable in your position.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2016
One day you are living a nice life and enjoying your job. The next day they slap you with a notice that your position has been eliminated. I loved working with the people in my office. When I first started with the company, it was family oriented and down to earth. We had sales but not like it is today. The customers are having to wait in longer and longer lines. Their time is valuable, but I guess the sale is more important. It is the Corporation that makes the big decisions to take it all away from you. The idea that sales is what makes or breaks a company is wrong. Customer Service is what matters. The sales can push the clients away from the company. That's why so many banks are unable to retain staff. Sales, Sales, Sales. Give the client a break. I can see talking to them when their in the branches, but to continuously contact them at home and push your products down their throats is wrong.
Pros
Being able to learn as you climb the ladder of success.
Cons
Having the ladder kicked out from underneath you.
Wonderful People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoy Bank of the West. Management is wonderful, all coworkers are friendly and respectful. When mistakes happened, management was patient and understanding, took it as a learning opportunity rather then a negative mark. Customers are very kind and friendly. Little room for advancement or pay raises. Must work very hard to meet commission.
Good entry level into financial.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 18, 2016
Gained basic financial knowledge, had great customers, management could have improved on many levels. Co-workers & customers made the days go by.
Large employer
Telephone Banking (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2016
Varied work hours,
Friendly coworkers
Receive phone calls for checking accounts
Managers often busy
Hardest part of job are escalated calls from angry customers
Overtime
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Training
Good
DevOps & Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 5, 2016
In this project i learn so many new tools. I got good experience on AWS cloud. Management and co-workers are very friendly monthly once we went out side.