Bank of the West Employee Reviews

good
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 10, 2017
good place to work. I would recommend anyone to work here. Management is ok. Learned new things. Work culture cold improve. Work life balance at the bank.
Bank of the West
Change/Product Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 9, 2017
Was working as a contractor, and was there for a limited time. Don't have anything else to add.

People were nice but not very friendly, very hard to feel one of the team specially when you are a contractor
Undergoing change...
Project Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 6, 2017
Culture almost totally reversed from 4 years ago...lots of management turnover, high profile transitional projects are caustic with no cooperation or team building. Issues and problems raised are answered with "shut up that's what you're paid for". Other areas are stable and much better, management supportive and committed to change in BAU and support, i.e. routine banking. But it's clear that opportunities are in San Ramon or Arizona. San Francisco either execs or tellers. If you live in Danville you're in luck!
Pros
Visionary CEO, BNPP (parent company) also has opportunities, Growing company
Cons
Growing pains, some parts of organization not as mature as others.
good employment
Senior Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CA 95382November 5, 2017
over all good employment but current manager would not help advancement training. Being held back because your good at the current position is not fair to the employee.
(Mini Wells Fargo) Was a great place not anymore
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Southern CANovember 5, 2017
Most Executives and Senior Management have been retired off, laid off, or are leaving. New CEO has her own Agenda and it does not involve employee statisfaction and engagement. Sad to see a great bank and culture turn in to a poor mans version of Wells Fargo. Negotiate your salary well because you will most likely not get a cost of living increase. Bonuses were cut last year and will be mostly likely again this year. The CEO and her buddies are getting paid that’s for sure.
BSA/AML Investigator III, High Risk Business Unit (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 4, 2017
Bank of the West is a great place to work. The managers are wonderful and they hire great people. The bank provides training which gets better each year.
Pros
wonderful coworkers and managers
Cons
job is being relocated.
Productivity and work management
Commercial Loan Specialist II- Risk Sens (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 2, 2017
Great place to work and competitive wages. People very easy to get along with as well as with upper management. Always about the customer and complying with their needs.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Less of an opportunity to advance.
No Flexibility
Consumer Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2017
8:00 - 5:00 and don't get out of your seat. This job is repetitive and low pay. Great job for someone out of high school. The best way I can describe it is you are a telemarketer with garage parking.
Pros
Company name
Cons
Middle management is worried about their job, which translates into better get your numbers.
Great place to work.
Senior Service Officer II (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAOctober 26, 2017
it was busy morning everyday, but it was a great place to work. we did have hard days but fun at the same time. everyday was something new to learned. at the end of the day it was just a new learning experience.
Bank has lost its way
Group Product Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 26, 2017
Dumb management stopped prioritizing customers in its decisions. I enjoyed the variety of work and growing my products. No bank or tech training so you need to learn yourself.
Cons
Wasteful, Poor management, Worst technology in banking
Customer's were very friendly with staff.
Customer Service Representative-Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 25, 2017
This branch of Bank of the West was very slow. I left due to other job offer. I would recommend employment with Bank of the West and continue to advance within the company.
N/a
Service Banker (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 25, 2017
Would prefer equal apportunity. Job enhancement. Tips and tools on how to better your career in the banking industry. For the amount of work we do, we do not get paid fairly compare to other institutions.
Pros
Diversity
Energetic and lively Crew
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNOctober 24, 2017
Very professional and caring work group. The staff was friendly and easy to work with. All in all a very well put together business here at the Fergus Falls, MN branch and I am proud to have been a part of your business family.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Parking
It has been positive
Sr. Web UI Developer / Architect (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 23, 2017
I have been working at Bank of the West part-time (Less than a year)

- Much more easy going culture than other big banks
- Really great people to work with
I enjoyed working with the clients
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the bank clients and getting to know them and their needs. There were many rules and regulations put in place to be compliant.
Short sighted decision making, undervalues employees
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 20, 2017
Over my 15+ year tenure with bank, I find that it tends to make short term decisions at the expense of long term planning. They also undervalue their employees, preferring to eliminate knowledgeable, experienced, hard working individuals, rather than cross-train them or move to complementary positions where they can continue to contribute meaningfully to the company's success. The bank is also very opaque with plans that impact employees - change tends to be a poorly planned surprise to the staff. Yes, change is inevitable and there are many pressures within the banking industry, but this bank should do better than it does.
Premier Banker/Financial Advisor, AVP (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAOctober 20, 2017
Great place to work. The workplace culture was great. They do pay well. Management is good as well. I relocated, that's the only reason why I left the company.
Great environment, not always busy
Service Banker I (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 19, 2017
The branch i work at is great the environment is really amazing! its a slow branch so not all the time are you occupied with work. The bank has great job opportunities!
Average
Universal Banker 2 (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAOctober 19, 2017
A good company that could be great. My biggest upset with the company was when they directly told us they are taking away our annual raises. Secondly, I don't believe they pay well enough for the particular jobs -- based off salaries offered by competitors. Also, I don't think they value their employees to the point where they are invested in those who are the front face.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2017
Very laid back got to wear whatever you wanted to wear they also did a lot for there employees to where they would have caters come out everyday to feed them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the West. Our community is ready to answer.