Bank of the West Employer Reviews

Really enjoyed working there
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: laid back
The only reason that I left the company is because of staffing issues.
Loan Administrator II (Former Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: stable bank
Cons: bad commute
Its OK, I feel as though I was paid lower than I should have been here.
Good place to get started with your career
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee), San Lorenzo, CASeptember 16, 2014
Customer service oriented daily tasks including clerical work
Established company with great resources such as HR and IT support.
Friendly Management
Nice Gig
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 29, 2014
Pros: mangement, my branch
Cons: pay, high goals
I was a teller for a long time and wanted to move up but there was no where to go at the time. I felt 'stuck' but i loved that job and the customers i grown to know. Some co-workers were amazing and made the day soooo much fun. My CSM was AWESOME!!!! Loved her...others? no so much.
Professional but exciting
Financial Service Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, IowaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, ability to make bonuses
Cons: weekends
Providing customers with assistance and exceptional customer service during and after the application process, while constantly keeping them updated on the status of their application and providing any additional assistance needed.
Providing support throughout the branch and assisting as needed in any other area.
Oversee the branch in the absence of the Vice President.

Hardest part of the position is cold calls, get hung up on and yelled at some times.

Most enjoyable was helping customers with every aspect of their banking needs. Reaching sales goals
Strong Regional Bank with Top Notch Customer Service
Proposal/RFP Unit Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
Bank of the West, owned by BNP Paribas, is a strong regional bank that prides itself on relationship-based banking. The bank likes to promote from within and rewards hard work and loyalty. A typical day is very busy and the people I generally work with are easygoing even under stressful deadlines. The hardest part of the job is competeing against larger, more powerful banks for the same business opportunities. The most enoyable part of the job is winning business from these larger and more powerful banks.
fast paced
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), denver coAugust 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: management, non flexable
fast paced job needs people who know how to manage there locations, not flex able with mothers, great place to start out in the banking world
Productive and busy workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good co workers
Cons: no breaks
This job kept me busy all day and interesting. It was a contract job. I have finished the contract. It was their policy not to extend the contract.
Flex Customer Service (Current Employee), Dinuba, CAAugust 17, 2014
I'm currently work for Bank of the West. I love working there. Everyone is very friendly and my bosses are very understanding and is willing to work with my schedule.
fun workplace, engaging and helped increase my knowledge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: an hour long lunch breaks, paid time off and social activities
Cons: little room to grow
I enjoyed working at Bank of the West; everyone was helpful and friendly and we worked as a team. There was a good work-life balance and it made me feel at home. Additionally I learned a lot about finance and banking during my work there.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 5, 2014
learn to use point of sale and meeting different people. i enjoy communicating with customer
Great office, amazing people as my coworkers, flexibilty and opportunitites to help with education
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), bay area, caAugust 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to improve
Cons: long commute
Arrive to my office, open Doclink , open email, respond to vendor calls and emails, respond to other calls and emails, meeting with my boss and other people, review codes and approve bills, resolve issues, work with spread sheets and pivot tables in Excel , other software our company uses such as : Hyperion, Assurenet.

I learned interrelationship between vendor services and impact on financials, importance of extreme accuracy, process flow from service needs through analysis of financial repercussions. Importance of preventive maintenance to reduce life cycle costs related to realestate.

Management is collaborative and supportive, strategic and tactical. My supervisor is being great mentor to me for many years.

My co- workers are great. We are big crazy family at work. Great team players and very collaborative environment to work in.

Frustration of mastering the job and working towards progressing career wise.

Working and interacting with people
Good opportunity
Financial Services Officer/ Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2014
Good culture and co workers. Not a lot of loyalty to the employees. Lots of changes on short notice and not a lot of trust.
Great experience with customers, face to face interactions
Customer Service Representative/Merchant Teller (Current Employee), Stockton , CAJuly 30, 2014
opening procedures, greeting customer, processing transactions, handling large amounts of cash through out the day, filing claims, ordering checks. processing ATMs, sales, referrals, work with my coworkers to receive great customer service scores.
Fast-paced work environment with lots of community activities
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2014
Pros: challenging problems provide largely rewarding solutions
Cons: office culture can be hard to balance with amount of work required
Work days are extremely fast-paced with various paperwork issues that need to be corrected before reaching final stages for customer to sign

Learned a vast amount about the banking industry, direct consumer lending, and time management skills

Management is results-driven and required high levels of accuracy to ensure quality

Position requires willingness to arrive early and stay late, schedule flexibility not always an option.

Position sees multiple loans come through and back out of an inbox, providing visible sense of vast amount of work being completed
Excellent place to work
AVP, Business Systems Administrator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work is never typical, always something interesting and challenging. Involved in numerous projects to enhance Business needs for fraud detection product "Norkom". Supporting, planning, deploying and coordinating patch implementation around business needs of product improvements.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Manager, AVP (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 7, 2014
It's never a dull moment, just when you thought my day is planned out, something always steer me off track. I learned to stay focus, and prioritize things based on its importance.
We always have fun especially when there is an event that we have to celebrate by serving foodm games and prizes
Transaction Processing Clerk IV (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 4, 2014
Typically we start our day by greeting each other good morning and hello. I learned about how to understand the importance of providing quality support to a department or individual and especially to our customers. Our management taught us on how to be committed to what we do especially when dealing and interacting with the branches and customers. We have to make sure that we always give them the best service that they need. My co-workers are all team-focused and career-committed. We treat each other with respect and professionalism. The hardest part of our job is when we make mistakes . We have to be accurate in giving them the right information. The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie and relationship with my co-workers. I also like when the bank recognize you every quarter for your hardwork and contribution to the department and the bank.
sales day
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), sherman oaks, caJuly 3, 2014
a typical day at bank of the west consists of: cold calling, canvasing for new business, working and obtaining new loans
GREAT
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 2, 2014
Amazing company to work for.Everyone is helpful and friendy.

About Bank of the West

What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves – Read more