Bank of the West Employee Reviews

Good Company
FINANCIAL SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 2, 2016
Small bank not much room to advance within the local area. Great customers, co workers and business partners. I loved working in the community in which I live.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CASeptember 21, 2016
Good place to work , Good people.
Family and work life balance.
good 401 k plan.
3 weeks vacation.
Managers are good. IT department is workaholic.
a fun and productive environment
Service Banker (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 8, 2016
Bank of the West helped me in so many aspects of becoming a really good employee. I improved to be efficient and learned how to deal with peoples problems by providing solutions. Bank of the West is really good at implementing a multi-cultural environment. I worked with people with different backgrounds which helped me learn how to communicate better with my colleagues. Bank of the West is a great place to work and I recommend it for employment and a finical institution to bank with.
Productive and Fun work place
Senior Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 13, 2016
Great company to work for and process and systems were very up to date.
Great work environment and co workers.
Management was good and overall the company was a nice place to work at.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Always Laid off employees
Review of Bank of the West
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 3, 2016
I worked for Bank of the West from 2012 and everyone I worked with was professional and dedicated to the job. The customer experience always came first when it came to doing your job
Data Analytics and Reporting Manager, VP (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 22, 2016
Very good place to work. Many smart and hardworking people. Career advancement opportunities. Good work / life balance. Many volunteering opportunities.
Great Bank
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2016
Bank of the West is a great bank without the baggage that other large banks carry. Staff usually goes above and beyond to resolve problems and their products are very competitive.
Pros
Sound Banking
Cons
Less Brand Recognition
I loved my job at the bank
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Gridley, CAMarch 22, 2016
This was another job that I enjoyed working at. The day to day interaction with customers and processing their transactions as I learned how their day was going. Management and co-workers were amazing! Unfortunately I left my job of 6 years at the bank for a "better paying job." Which needless to say, was probably not the greatest idea.
Hardest part of this job was making sure that everything was filled out correctly.
Pros
managment, wok environment, benefits
Cons
Best work environment ever, Mangement was always there to help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 17, 2016
I loved every aspect of this job and the people I worked with. I loved going to work. Our moral was high and our management team was there helping us learn and grow.
Pros
I loved going to work
Cons
Long days
If you like to Micro-Managed
Financial Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 15, 2016
The bank is currently eliminating operations staff in branch locations, and focusing on 'Hard' sales activity. This is no longer a community bank, where the employees are treated with respect and loyalty.It is all about the sales numbers, and product pushing. Area Managers continually hire unqualified, unethical, and lazy Branch Mangers.
Pros
Cons
Product Pushing, Unethical sales, Incompetent Branch Managers
Excellent
CPS Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2016
I am pleased with my position at Bank of the West. A typical day at work involves me speaking with customers, branch reps, and answering customer emails.
Pros
Free lunches, unlimited learnig potential, unlimited chances to advance
Knowledgeable Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed working at Bank of the West due to the people and I worked with and people I come into contact with. Manager and co workers were excellent and supportive of any questions. helped customers with processing transactions as well as having conversations about making their banking relationship better.
Great Base Pay
Service Banker I (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJune 21, 2016
I just got a job here today and I am starting out at $14 an hour, which is even more than I was expecting! Very pleased with the company so far. The managers were very nice in the interview
Good
Sr. .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 9, 2016
In working with Bank of the west is flexible as it provides benefits like Work and Life Balanced, Compensation and Job Security.
Very professional and fun environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAJune 28, 2016
Requires lots of heavy lifting.
Standing up 8 hours a day.
Lots of team work effort.
Duties, constantly making referrals.
Good
DevOps & Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 5, 2016
In this project i learn so many new tools. I got good experience on AWS cloud. Management and co-workers are very friendly monthly once we went out side.
Nice place to work and Friendly environment
Java Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 9, 2016
Co-workers are helpful. I have learn new technology from this place. I want to utilities skills in future job which I am learning in kaiser.
You always take a chance with a Corp of losing your job. Don't get to comfortable in your position.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2016
One day you are living a nice life and enjoying your job. The next day they slap you with a notice that your position has been eliminated. I loved working with the people in my office. When I first started with the company, it was family oriented and down to earth. We had sales but not like it is today. The customers are having to wait in longer and longer lines. Their time is valuable, but I guess the sale is more important. It is the Corporation that makes the big decisions to take it all away from you. The idea that sales is what makes or breaks a company is wrong. Customer Service is what matters. The sales can push the clients away from the company. That's why so many banks are unable to retain staff. Sales, Sales, Sales. Give the client a break. I can see talking to them when their in the branches, but to continuously contact them at home and push your products down their throats is wrong.
Pros
Being able to learn as you climb the ladder of success.
Cons
Having the ladder kicked out from underneath you.
call center
Consumer Product Services Rep (Current Employee) –  omaha neJune 30, 2016
Liked the job but there was limited chance for advancement to team lead or possibilities to transfer in the department .
productive and challenging
Monetary Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 5, 2016
A great group to work with.I enjoyed the everyday challenge of seeking out mis-applied payments, meeting deadlines and balancing accounts.
Pros
Learned a lot of back office and escalated customer service skills
Cons
Slow Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of the West. Our community is ready to answer.