Bank of the West

Bank of the West Employer Reviews

Need to agressively manage your own career growth
Communications Officer (Former Employee), San RamonFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: safe, sound employer. well capitalized bank and isnt going anywhere
Cons: poor (expensive) benefits, certainly no 'extras' companies are offering these days
Overall decent employer, however you will never gain growth or pay increase if you are not 100% your own advocate. Known for dated technology amongst peer companies. Little to no career pathing/employee development type help, growth culture just isn't there. Benefits are sub par and very expensive compared to competing companies. Bare minimum of tuition – more... reimbursement ($5k/yr) really? – less
Very busy.
Fukfillment Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: lunch brought in frequently.
Cons: was difficult to balance time with family & time at work
The work environment was very busy. Seemed like time with family was not a concern. However, that being said co-workers & management were easy to work with.
I enjoyed working with customers.
Sr. Receptionist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: left over lunches in the breakroom.
Cons: sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Great place to work if you have great customer service skills. When you are communicating with customers about their finances, you need to be sensitive to their needs and concerns.
Telephone banking Representative
Telephone Banking Representative (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers, pay, and hours
Cons: dealing with customer issues and complaints involving nsf's made by customers
Work revolved around dealing with customer accounts and providing quality customer service. The hours were perfect for me, and worked well with my schedule. The hardest part was dealing with customers complaints involving NSF charges.
Excellence driven compamy
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the change in commute
Co-workers are wonderful and very customer service oriented.
Sanwa Bank had a Family Feel
Assistant Vice President and Team Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: comparable salary and benefits
Cons: mega bank feeling
BOW bought Sanwa Bank of California in 2003 and with the purchase came many changes of which some were not the best. Sanwa had more of a personal/family feel where as BOW had more of a mega-bank impersonal feel. Management of BOW seemed less concerned about supporting employee growth and advancement. The compensation and benefits were comparable but – more... not competitive; however, job/life balance were very good. I would very likely still be with the company it were still Sanwa Bank. – less
Productive place high emphasis on sales and customer service
Teller (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: may become a stressful environment
Productive workplace high emphasis on customer service and sales.
productive and fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 30, 2014
excellent place to grow for full time employees. learned a lot and new assignments are learned.
Overall Good Company
ASSISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Longmont, COJanuary 29, 2014
Great benefits, mostly pleasant work environment. Difficult to advance within company. Management is a bit scattered and tend to hold employees back to meet own selfish needs.
Nice people in the branches.
Financial Advisor-Brentwood, Antioch, Pittsburg (Current Employee), Oakley, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Nice place to work. The difficult part of the job is working for commission only.
Great work Environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Parlier, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Great work Environment,management and
your co-workers, great pay and great hours.
Great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Many great people work at this branch. Tons of experience and great attitude overall.
Good benefits. But that's it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: rude customers, worse than retail.
Every person I worked with, loathed being there. Our CSM was rude to every customer, and especially her employees. I feel as if I did not receive any support from my branch. The best thing about my branch was the hourly pay. Either than that, your job was dependent on individual sales.
n/a
o Customer Service Representative/ Bank Teller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2014
I worked at Bank of the West part-time while in college. The bank allowed me to become close and understand what products my customers were in need of.
Professional Work Environment
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Good work environment and I love my colleagues! A fast paced enviroment and you have to wear a lot of hats and work hard.
Nice environment to work
IT SMS Engineer II (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I had lot of fun working with my co-workers and we always share ideas on how to enhance our production support services.
Enjoyable place to work.
Officer and Lead Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Enjoyed a challenging and rewarding environment with a great staff to work with. Products were diverse and provided an excellent training platform with the clients.
Employees
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2014
Some employees were wonderful to work with. Managment sometimes.
All Work and Little Play
Vice President, Corporate Compliance Officer (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: overly stressful and tense
The culture and work environment was heavy handed and extremely serious. The lack of "fun at the job" and poor management made it a hard job. The compensation packages were excellent and the benefits were not wildly wonderful; however, they were very competitive in the market place.
Not employee friendly
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 3, 2014
Blanket management style, not focused on individual performance.

About Bank of the West

What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves – Read more