Bankers Conseco Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive and fun work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 7, 2015
During an in office day I would make phone calls to prospective clients and set up meeting for the rest of my week. During the meetings, I would present the company's products and help the clients determine which products fit their needs best.
Churn agents with no customer support whatsoever
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake View, NYFebruary 18, 2014
I worked at Bankers Conseco for 6 months. I fell hook, line and sinker for the nonsense the manager fed to us. I thought if half of what they said was true, I could make that work. And I was right. If half of what he had said was true, I would have been very successful. All of their systems and numbers are based on the 33 products they have nationwide. In NY, you have about 8-10 products. If you have no conscience and can shove a few sub-par products down a prospect's throat with no regard for need, you might make good money. If you want to actually help people, find a different company to work for. In the six months that I worked there, I cannot even count how many new agents came and left. There were two agents who had been there over a year and neither one were making close to 6 figure incomes. If you are considering this place and serious about the industry, look at Mutual of Omaha, N.Y. Life, Northwestern, Met Life, Axa, etc.
Pros
every company i've worked with since has been better. set the bar very low for financial services
Cons
pretty much everything else.
Scam Company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 25, 2013
They do not really want to help the customers, and they do very little to help their employees but expect you to commit 110% of you time.
Insurance Sales
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 8, 2013
The company will train you on the basics of being an insurance sales agent and provide you basic resources to make sales presentations.

The position is a 1099 and pay is 100% commission based. There is no reimbursement on mileage (other than what you can write off on your taxes). It's up to you to provide the initial investment in terms of obtaining your license, your own computer, vehicle, etc.

The company will provide you leads, but they were only a handful a week. It takes a lot of door to door knocking and cold-calling to get the appointments you need to make any sales.

Management expects you to do whatever it takes to make at least 18 appointments a week and you will get support in your first week or two, but after that it is questionable. It seemed that the focus was on hiring many agents and not in developing the agents already working at the office.

After the first year or two, there is income potential and you do get to make your own schedule (as long as you are performing like you should), but there is a lot of personal investment.
Difficult to build client list
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 9, 2013
This position required training and having to pay for the NYS exam amoung other expenses. Three days of the week were spent making phone calls to set appointments with existing or potential customers. The remainder of the week was spent driving your personal verhicle to these appointments...many of which were no shows. This is a 100% commission only position. For the first 4 months I was with this company, we were without an Office Manager. My co-workers (other agents), were wonderful and very helpful people with training exercises, however, there was a definate lack of sales leads that were provided. The hardest part of this job was having to tell a customer (who was dying from cancer) that there was no way I could help him or his family with a life insurance policy. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping those who were on a fixed income save a little money on perscription drugs by introducing them to EPIC.
Pros
free pizza on thursday night call center
Cons
lack of leads that lead to profit
Captive Insurance Agent
Captive Agent (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 20, 2013
A fluid calander,office work two days a week,The other four road work with clients,working on warm market as well as prospects from response and computer driven mailers.Even thou it is a total commishion pay scale,co workers willing to help you land a sale,the most enjoyable is the help and good i can do for the senior community.the hardest is a total commishin pay and no set benifets.
Eye opening,educational
Captive Agent (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 10, 2013
day starts with prospecting for new clients,setting up needs assessments,finding the proper fitting insurance,helping coworkers on client interviews.traveling all over central and western new york doing home visits,which is the hardest and the most satisfying meeting new people and making friends.
Pros
provided leads, and sales matreails
Cons
no benifets/ commision based

Want to know more about Bankers Conseco Life Insurance Company?

Ask a question