Bankers Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Very 'cliquish'
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 30, 2017
No guidance or mentor-ship. Very 'cliquish' - if you are not part of the in crowd forget about any recognition. Never any recognition for putting in extra effort or developing new processes.
A stable company with multiple lines of business
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Banker's Financial Corporation has multiple lines of business that help stabilize the company in a volatile financial market. The work (at least in IT) is very fast paced with multiple simultaneous initiatives most of the time.
No support
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 21, 2017
I mainly worked from home and the road. This was a new position and I don't think they were ready. I couldn't get any marketing materials or swag because they were thinking of changing the logo and name which it made difficult to sell because I was selling one name and they were going to change it in a few months.
Benefits
Cons
Support
Great company culture
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 19, 2017
What I appreciated most about working at Bankers was the culture. People matter. I felt appreciated. No company is perfect, but they strived to be the best they could be.
n/a
IT Business Analyst/ Forms Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 7, 2017
Bankers is great company to work for, however, like all companies it has it's ups and downs. After all if a companies opens its door for you - you should take advantage.
Management and vision could be a lot better
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 28, 2017
My days were spent fixing data issues from a piece of unfinished software.

Management would not do anything to fix the software. Apparently they felt like having a full-time data fixer was a good thing.

A new manager that was MIA when you needed him the most was the reason I left. The same manager was intimidated by the best developer on our team so he kept making life miserable for him so he would leave. Even people not on our team saw what a bad fit he was for the company.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stay positive knowing that the piece of software coughing up the bad data would not be fixed or replaced.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and being able to learn C#.
Pros
Ability to learn, co-workers
Cons
Many in management should not be in management
Plenty of Opportunities
BAIL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 23, 2017
BFC, has several departments from the mailroom, accounting and up to the legal department. very good people with the family style mentality. Great company to work for.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Direction
Productive work place. great staff. awesome benefits.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Bankers I Must say was my all time favorite place to work. Bankers had the best Human Resources department. Room for Growth with the company. Beautiful place to work.
Pros
Awesome 401 k
Cons
Long drive from my home at the time.
Run Away Far Away-
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 9, 2017
This company does not care about their employees. They are strictly numbers based. They show favoritism. CEO is arrogant
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
poor management and compensation based on workload and metrics
Fun place to work
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2017
best job I ever had! Hands down, loved it! many people who start working for bankers end up staying with the company through retirement.
Pretty relaxed atmosphere
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2016
The work atmosphere is way more relaxed than I thought it would be. The work is not that interesting but the people I work with are great and the culture here is pretty good.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home
Cons
boring industry
Good company - Great culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 5, 2016
Great flexibility - good professional environment.

Our social media/direct marketing group does a great job.

Very pleased with the direction of the company.
Pros
Jeans, work/life balance
Cons
salary little low
Good lunch
New Business Specialist/Under Writier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
The Benefits are Great, they treat us right. The leaders here are wonderful.They give you time off when needed. They dont mirco-manage.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
shortbreaks
Good place to work for interns
Software Development Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bankers during my stay in the summer months of 2015. As an intern, HR always made sure to plan special events and meetings that kept you engaged in the culture at Bankers.

Co-workers in the IT department were very knowledgeable. The senior staff was very informative on current events within Bankers, including management changes, etc...

Overall, Bankers was a great place to learn, gain experience, and meet new people.
Pros
Employee events, Diverse staff, Engaging projects, Great location
Cons
Poor project management
More issues than Vouge
Individual contributor (Former Employee) –  st peteJuly 16, 2015
The CEO is a radiologist who lives in NC and was handed the position as he is married to the owners daughter. The new Chief HR Officer is a 29 year old lawyer with no HR credentials. My supervisor was an analyst at another company brought in as a Director and turned VP not long after.

This company starts from the top with inappropriate job titles and it trickles down.

When almost every leader in this company is not an appropriate or adequate fit it causes chaos, mismanagement, and animosity. I cannot understand how this company is in business or has any positive outlook.

I drew the line at blantant nepotism and bullying. If you are applying here, really think about your self worth first.
Pros
Jeans, people walk out daily so moving up is easy, great friendships
Cons
Micromanagement, bullying, hostile work environment, low pay, no work/life balance
Dysfunctional work environment
Sr. Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Company does not care about employees. Lack of respect and not a good environment. My supervisor was very inexperienced and had no management skills. Company allows employees to mistreated by their supervisors.
Not my favorite
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2015
I don't recommend this place. This is not the best place to work. Its a private company. Which a lot of things are sometime overlooked and some people get a way with stuff
Pros
Jeans and events
Cons
A place that does not want to change internally
Great co-workers, always something fun happening!
Coordinator - East team (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Bankers was a great company to work for. The president would often walk around and say hello. The management team was helpful and encouraging.
They are quick to hire and quick to fire
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 30, 2014
They are quick to hire and quick to fire.
On an average week the turn over of staff is 2-5%.
Poor Work Environment
private consultant (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FLFebruary 25, 2013
One of the worst companies in St. Petersburg. Dysfunctional management and not work life friendly
Pros
non
Cons
too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bankers Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8