Bankers Life

Bankers Life Employee Reviews

Crazy Atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Unlimited Income
Cons: Immediate Manager & office tactics
A typical day required hustle , Hustle & more Hustle, I learned that the general public in Fresno California have good intentions to secure themselves with a insurance product but they could not afford to do so. Management had a hard time maintaining a crew and hiding stress. Unfortunately is was generally a depressing state of affairs which made it hard on all involved. There was not enough business to sustain me.
Great career opportunity. Strong team work enviroment.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2015
Make phone calls to set appointments with clients to talk about insurance products. I learned a lot about life insurance and medicare. New management and great co workers. Setting appointments. Sitting down with people and developing relationships.
it was a complete hoax non professional
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 27, 2015
Pros: less pay
Cons: short breaks
This was the worst job ever with no advancement manager was not professional at all i was calling people nonstop i was trained properly but this place has a quota they screwed over on me
great training
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: lots of training
Cons: lots of cold calling, 100% commission, lots of driving.
Bankers life was a great get in the door environment. Great training from very experienced individuals. very friendly atmosphere with great bonus structure.
Commission-only sales.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2015
Pros: We can gain comissions on sales to ourselves
Cons: Cold calling leads on the phone, and door knocking are where we start.
The worst part about working for Bankers was the fact that it was a commission-only profession. It would be an ideal fit for a sales-minded person. Without a steady stream of income, it is impossible to pay for the gas and car insurance necessary to continue seeing clients. A person with other income streams would have a much easier time staying long enough to build a clientele and get the residuals that keep agents afloat when sales are lean. The commissions are very fair and bonuses can also make a successful agent very wealthy in the long run.
To many bosses
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2015
Could be better, there is a lot of demand for production and if you are not producing from day one then you get swept under the carpet. That is my experience at least.
great place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee), sarasota, flMarch 18, 2015
bankers life is great fun and exciting place to work. i highly suggest applying if you are a go-getter and have everything in order.
Can be Productive Under the Right People
Medicare & Retirement Specalist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great incentives
Cons: some have animocity and personal issues
Only hired because of being gay. Work ability was not a factor one manger stated. Some people can make a whole company look bad
Typical Day at bankers
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 5, 2015
You enter the office and pick up possible candidates for life an health insurance and make the calls to those and other possible persons to set them up with their insurance needs.
Horrible job with questionable practices
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: horrible practices
It is all hype. If you are a chosen one, you will do well. All other suffer and struggle to succeed. Cold calling old regurgitated leads with a bogus (required) phone script to get you in the door under the guise of a medicare review, with unsuspecting seniors.
Seeking a job that will lead to growth through increasing responsibilities within a dynamic, industry-leading corporation.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great training program and excellent speakers, contests, awards
Cons: healthcare, power hours
I am seeking to acquire a responsible position where my strong leadership, customer service, verbal, interpersonal, and organization skills will be an asset to my employer.

A typical day at work is 50 to 60 hrs per week, travel to Los Angeles twice a week, and meet clients based on needs and add value as you leave their home.

I love the energy at my work environment, however, I am looking for advancement that could lead to promotion and advancement with an opportunity for high income potential.
the hardest part of the job
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Tyler, TxFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: commission checks
Cons: talking to clients all day
The hardiest part of this job was having to go out everyday knowing that I would have to walk into strangers homes. I did not know what to expect to see or what to I would be presented with on the other side of the door. I often faced discrimination, political view, religious debates, biased views, and raging animals.
Great office environment. Great support
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Modesto, CaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: 100% commission
If you are a self starter, this is a great place. High attention to training and success. All questions answered to help you succeed
Productive workplace
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: very hard to get started.
I set my own appointments. The training was well organized. My management team was good to work with. The hardest part of the job was just getting started. I went without a paycheck for two months.
Bad Experiance Very Negative
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: work at your own pace.
Cons: no income

This job is constantly cycling people through the doors. Cold calling wasn't bad but I was told to tell people things I didn't think were accurate just to make appointments (a half truth isn't the truth). It felt ethically wrong doing this job and thats why I left.
Nice team environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Bankers supports their agents 100% and create a wonderful office culture.The hardest part is setting the appointments, if you can do that you're home free.
Insurance Sales is not for everybody
Independent Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: weekly updated, free training
Cons: quotas
I learned various aspects of insurance and some sales skills.
Twice a week, we spent the entire day calling potential customers from a 'warm' list of targets. This was critical for new employees to get business started. We would schedule appointments all around the central Texas area.
I had great co-workers, but some of the newer ones also struggled with making cold calls and setting appointments.
The hardest part about the job was the constant rejection from customers who despised any sales calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people, and of course if a sale was made.
No micromanagement!
Insurance Agent/Retirement Planner (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 19, 2014
A typical work day would be around 6 hours of cold calling leads generated by the company. You would get an 2 hour of training through your office mangement. There is also 3 days a week where you would be out in the feild meeting prospects. These days you would be finding a prospects lead and filling there needs to turn them into a client.
Great work environment
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, MEOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Always a pleasure to come to work, I genuinely enjoyed my colleagues.
The Management staff was top notch!
The hardest part of mu job was: Having to rely on others for your personal success.
What I loved most: Feeling a true sense that you are helping others.
Good company to work for
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Peoria, AZOctober 22, 2014
I have been employed with bankers Life since March of 2014, and I love the job. The people you meet everyday are so kind, and the pay is competitive. I enjoyed all of my coworkers even though the turnover rate is about 50%. A typical day of work consists of you being in the field meeting with seniors, and helping them solve the needs they have. I really enjoy the company itself! They are focused on the needs of clients, not the commission in their pocket. my only problem with the job was that I am looking for a safer job where I can move up as I am getting married in November. Being as the job is all commission its scary to say the least. I also had some personality conflicts with the managers. Although it was nothing extremely personal, it did affect my day-to-day job life and made the plans of moving into management just a little more difficult.

1 2 3