Bankers Trust Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Electronic Banking (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bankers Trust. The people are friendly and make work fun. There are few advancement opportunities. Senior level managers are good to the company and want everyone to succeed. Mid-level managers struggle to help their employees advance their careers. A lot of stagnation.
Great Coompany
Workgroup Leader (CSS (Former Employee) –  NYC/NYSSeptember 5, 2017
The best and longest job I had. I miss it. it was like home. It still is!!! I love you XEROX, Always and Forever!!!
You guys were and still are THE BEST!

A Great Company!
Pros
All Good
Great Company to Work For
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 10, 2017
I wish managers were friendlier with people below them. Amazing benefits! I have worked with them for 12.5 years and have noticed it difficult to advance.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Advancement and managers
A terrible place
Vice President - Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I hated my time at Bankers Trust. The co-workers were the worst I've ever had and the management group was either indifferent or outright hostile. My best day there was my last day.
Fun work place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 25, 2017
The bankers trust i have worked at had excellent management almost no drama between customers, overall it was a pleasure working for bankers trust at the time.
Okay
Dive Now Project (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 4, 2017
I barely even worked here it was a required part of my school. I'm going to use as many characters that I have to use. Bleh Bleh Okay whatever. Am I done yet?
unorgainized no longer exists
Manager, Frank Russell Client Service Team (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2017
Company has long since been acquired by Deutsche Bank, I was only there a short time and found the departmentalized approach to their organizational model made it difficult to resolve issues.
Good place to work. It simply is a good place to be to earn your pay and to be of service.
Foot Messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
I was entirely satisfied with the workplace culture. It was a
fair, measured place to be re employment. I did not have any complaints at all. Training was provided on where to deliver items and packages.
Pros
Fair Mgmt.
Cons
N/a
Very productive and nice place to work. Offered a sense of community
Bank Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Located in the heart of New York CityApril 20, 2017
Excellent place to work. Offered an opportunity for advancement and was overall a great opportunity to grow as a professional. We dealt with international money transfers. Gained a lot of knowledge of other countries currencies.

Bank merged and I was laid- off.
Pros
Was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Cons
Nothing negative to say.
Excellent Company
Institutional Trust Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
Largest private bank in IA. Love the vision and direction of the CEO. I've always enjoyed seeing him around the building - he was very visible to all employees.
Was a good company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Purchased by another bank so no longer operating as Bankers Trust.
Worked on a cutting edge system in a legacy computer environment.
Management determined that there were many fails on trades being done where the trader scribbled a ticket after having done a deal and the back office had to interpret the traders handwriting.
System was developed that I participated in where the trader had to enter the key components of the trade into system( transaction type, counterparty, amount, rates and dates).
Fails reduced drastically after system implemented and volumes increased as well.
Pros
Cuting edge
Cons
Budgetr issues
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 18, 2016
Bankers Trust was a great place to work, very detail oriented and great customer service. Bankers Trust has room for advancement and great training options.
Pros
Options for advancement
A company with training and advancement and benefits.
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 8, 2016
Started working with Bankers Trust in the booking keeping dept.
advanced to proof dept, to part time teller/customer service rep/to loans and collections to head teller to Bank officer of the Parris Island Branch. Supervised all areas of the banking facility.
Pros
Advancement/working with young marines
Cons
Some very early hours.
Awesome
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 4, 2016
it was a pleasure working there. Everybody was very nice and welcoming.I knew what to do on a daily basis. It got overwhelming sometime times , but i always got help from the lovely people around me.
Pros
The people
Global Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work involves first reading and responding to emails received, callback clients if needed, manage the trade desk- trade with other traders, settled trades or reconciled trade position, process and examine letters of credit documents/ documentary collection documents. Provide support to co-workers.

The hardest part of the work is to multitasking in the trades on timely manner, handling clients inquiries at the cutoff time. The most enjoyable time part of the job is when we as a team enjoy moments during the day together to break monotony. We use a slogan "get off that thing" to get everyone to a short break- we get off the seats and do small exercise/jokes entertained in our common area for 5 to 10 minutes then return to work.
best place to learn and work
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 5, 2016
while at Banker's Trust there was so many new things to learn and when you have an idea they will take it seriously, you never feel as if you don't have a saying because you do
Working with the public was rewarding.
Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 28, 2016
I trained as a loan officer and worked at one of the branches making personal loans and helping manage the branch. I enjoyed helping individuals attain their goals. Both management and co-workers were nice to work with. Helping others was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and fun work place
Account Administrator/Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJanuary 18, 2016
A typical work day would consist of checking account invoices of charges and notification of debits sent to customers, maintaining and updating suspense account journals. Research and resolve any client issues. Work as a team with co-workers in keeping up on bank sensitive deadlines.
With any account researching project there was a always a learning process on how to handle each case the best way possible for the client.
I managed and maintained departments G/L balances and Audit confirmanton support team.
My co-workers becamse family to me after working together 14 years, I still miss being around them even after all of these years that have past.
The hardest part of the job I would say is not finding the asnwers needed for the client
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work everyday and being around people who enjoyed being at Bankers Trust and all working together towards in handling any client issues
Great opportunity to start with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2015
Nice place to work, start grow yourself--learn from others. I did an internship and I learned a lot for life and as well as for job.
A great work environment with lots of oppurtunity for growth.
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  130 Liberty Ave & 280 PARK Ave Ny, NYFebruary 24, 2015
You walk into the office, only to find a tray filled with the day's work on the desk. Each work must be checked to make sure that it complies with the proceedures. After verifying all information I will begin the processing of the items. Because of the amount of the items, your speed and accuracy are a plus in the completion of the day's work. This job calls for a lot of multitasking. While attending to your responsibilities, as manager, you are asked to help a co-worker with a part of their responsibilities. (someone is looking for a difference the individual might have searched many times but cannot balance their work, it is then brought to the attention of the manager). Or perhaps their is an irate customer, or, manager from another department on the phone who needs to be attended to immediately. The pressure is now on to end the day efficiently and in high spirits, this is the part I adore. When the day is ended I can look back and measure the accomplishments achieved on this day.
Pros
Discount lunches, Monetary rewards, free cab services if worked late.
Cons
short lunch breaks, a small window for errors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bankers Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2