BankFinancial Employee Reviews

Good place ro work
VP / Dept Head-E.B. & Item Processing (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMay 21, 2015
Manged a team 34 specialists and 4 managers. Worked with Cash Management Officers to bring new customers into the Bank and expand business products and services to existing customers.

Had an excellent working relationship with my team and co-workers.

Enjoyed leaning credit card's charged backs.
Benefits
Cons
N one
Typical bank job, hours can be flexible
Teller II (Current Employee) –  ILJuly 10, 2014
BankFinancial was great with working around my class schedule. Other employees are great and fun to work with. There is no room for advancing with the company and they will not take on many full time employees; hence you will not be eligible for benefits. Hourly pay is as expected. As with any company, there is room for improvement.
Pros
Fun co-workers, some down time, flexible hours.
Cons
No room for advancing in company, bad communication, lack of management.
No opportunity for advancement
Education Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 2, 2016
My position with this company was entry level, and there was no room for advancement which is why i chose to leave the organization.
Na
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 4, 2016
CEO and some of the top management are not doing a very good job at leading the company or people. Fear-driven environment.
Pros
Great people at this company in general
Cons
CEO and some of top management are not good company leaders.
Small bank with relaxed atmosphere but little room for advancement
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  Libertyville ILOctober 6, 2015
My manager looks out for her employees and tries to put everyone in a position to succeed. The bank likes to portray the corporate image at the branch level, but as a small bank the focus should be more on the community. With only 19 branches, upward mobility is very limited.
Pros
Low pressure sales
Cons
limited job mobility, difficult to obtain PTO
Very Personable
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calumet Park, ILApril 4, 2013
This company is a family oriented, personal relationship type of bank. A typical day would be saying good morning to my co-workers and then after clocking into work, immediately getting my cash drawer and name tag. The day consist of taking each customer in the lobby and drive up area immediately. We would greet and converse with all our customers, which keeps a more personal relationship. We would have to balance the ATM daily and balance each cash drawer and cash machines by the end of the shift. I have learned that most of our customers are within 2 miles of the branch and that majority of them also bank somewhere else. Management stays on top of everyone as far as monthly goals, meetings and encouragement to do better. My co-workers are like family. I have known them so long, we know all of each others children. The hardest part of the job is the referrals. Some of our customers are "old-fashion," and they may not feel comfortable internet banking or ATM cards. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know our customers on a personable level, making them smile and laugh.
Pros
great co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
job advancement
Enjoyed working with the people.
Senior Vice President - Deposit Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILNovember 16, 2012
The day to day operation was very busy and deadline oriented. Due to ongoing automations within the Operation, managing a changing environment was challenging. The hardest part of the job was knowing my job and others were going to be eliminated after all the automations and integrations were completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and providing quality service to our clients.
Pros
office location was close to home.
Cons
no career path for operational staff.
Productive workplace but promotion issues.
Client Represenative (Former Employee) –  NapervilleDecember 28, 2011
I started working for this company in 2001 as a teller and was promoted to a personal banker within a year. I remained as a personal banker for about 18 months. I was then promoted to a personal banker/lender. After being promoted to this position was always promised more advancement but something always prevented it. Nice place to work but not much room for adavancement.
Pros
very friendly environment
Cons
promotion issues
Good Hours.
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of sales, customer service greeting customers inquiring about their financial goals. I learned many things from marketing and sales techniques. I also learned to have attention to detail in the daily processes I completed.
My co-workers and I displayed great teamwork and worked together on many projects and tasks.
Pros
Learned so many things obtained many transferable skills.
Cons
High turnover in management and lack of leadership.
A good place to work.
Client Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
The job provided many opportunities for advancement. My co-workers were very nice and the management team was very helpful and always accessible.
Subpar Management
AVP, Manager of Commercial Documentation (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Unfortunately good hard work and job knowledge is not enough incentive for senior management to provide any incentives to keep their good employees at the company.
Already reviewed the job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 28, 2014
I love working here the co-workers are excellent to work with and the management I work with are excellent in there field. The people I work with is excellent.
A great organization
Assistant Vice President - Portfolio Management (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 19, 2015
BankFinancial is an organization with individuals with extensive experience and excellent managerial attributes. Overall, BankFinancial is an excellent organization that recognizes and rewards its employees for their efforts and provides and excellent work environment!
Very stressful
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 10, 2013
Not trained very well. Management was in disarray. Communication was poor. between Management and co-workers.
Learned how to build character in a high volume environment.
Closer Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, IllinoisMay 26, 2014
I board mortgage loans, commercial loans and lease loans. A typical day at work consists of processing payments, payoffs and general ledger balancing.
Love it!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 9, 2014
I love BankFinancial. My co-workers & customers are awesome people. If you want to work where people treat you equally apply at BankFinancial!!!
Pros
Good people, great job, by the mall
Cons
Having to leave
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 28, 2014
Work envornement is serious. Handling money and being familiar with all federal law and regulations that effect banking is highly important.
community bank environment
VP, Small Business Banking/Department Head (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 31, 2013
This is a community bank that is currently going through changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BankFinancial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5