BANKPLUS Employee Reviews

Teller experince
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working here I learned how to distinguish between real and fraudulent bills, was to quickly and efficiently count my drawer. I built relationships with customers and learned several aspects at banking and services that I wasn't aware of. I was given more responsibility that helped increase my salary
Pros
advancement opportuity
Cons
short breaks depending on customer needs
This is a very productive place that caters to their employees
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 2, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for. The benefits are great and the opportunity to advance is wonderful. This is an enjoyable and fun place to work for.
Pros
Paid benefits and compensation
Cons
Open on saturdays
Great bank
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 27, 2015
A great bank for customers, not always great place to work. A lot of understaffing issues and a lot of management changes. It seemed as though management could have used training one on one with customer service representatives and others that handled daily functions.
The environment is great .
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work is very laid back . I get to learned and interact with different people daily . I love my co workers they all are very friendly .
Not for everyone
teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson msFebruary 13, 2015
Not what it seems, that pay is not worth it and is a very competitive working environment. As well as the horrible management. This may only be at my branch but this is not the best job for everyone.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 21, 2014
BankPlus is a great bank to work for. The pay rate is great and they really take good care of their employees. I was a teller so my typical day at work consisted of making deposits and withdrawls, cashing checks, promoting bank products, and etc. I learned alot about banking business and how to handle business. The only disadvantage is I was a part time worker so I had no benefits.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
no health insurance because i was part time
It's ok but...
teller (Former Employee) –  lake harbourOctober 15, 2014
Bank plus is all about customer service (of course). The pay is not what you think just because it's a bank, so expect around $10hr for tellers. Different branches do different things or let "certain" customers get away certain stuff. So there is no consistency across the board with bank plus as a whole. It really depends on which branch you work at. Some branches are more busier than others so I encourage DO YOUR RESEARCH! If banking is for you, then hey have fun but if not, look elsewhere
Pros
at least you have a job
Cons
pay
Great company
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 10, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed going to work and would continue to work for this company, however I would need an increase in pay.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
decrease pay
Fun Workplace with great opportunites.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Bankplus. I gained so much knowledge from customer service to intell with banking. The hardest part of the job would maybe be keeping up with changes and adjustments. The most enjoyable part would have to be just making my own schedule throughout the day getting things done stressfree. My co-workers were great, definitely never a dull moment!
Pros
healthcare, advancement
A great place to learn the fundamentals of business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 6, 2013
A usual day at work includes ensuring the accuracy of all financial transactions, assisting customers with financial decisions concerning products and provide superior customer service. In this job I have learned how to work along with a diverse group of coworkers to achieve one main objective. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is discerning exactly what a customer needs. However, when a customer's need is discovered and met with quality, this is often the most gratifying part of the job.
Disagree with previous reviews
Teller (Former Employee) –  DeSoto CountyDecember 13, 2012
Promises were made ,but always broken. A little bank trying to be like big bank. Maybe it has changed since certain people left, but I doubt it. That's the banking business
Pros
health insurance
Cons
lies
good benefits/fun people
Branch Manager, Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 17, 2012
typical day in a bank branch; lots of decisions, customer and employee interactions. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is so much competition in banking and every bank sells the same things, pretty much.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very competitive industry currently
nice community bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 26, 2012
Meet interesting people everyday and the bank's main goal is customer service.
Pros
healthcare free to employees
Cons
bank hours
Great work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 6, 2012
It was a wonderful place to work....the staff were great! I really enjoyed my job there.