BANKPLUS Employee Reviews in United States

Do not recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSApril 15, 2016
Do not take a job at the Mortgage Center. It is one of the most disorganized, dysfunctional, stressful, overly demanding, unwelcoming places to work. There's mostly old women who are resentful! Employees have negative attitudes, whispery and gossipy, make you feel inadequate if you make a mistake. If you take a job here, speak your mind and don't let anyone put you down. They WILL try you here and push you to a breaking point. This center is utterly unprofessional and take favor in the oldies. They run this place and management is poor. The work is overload and originators are demanding! They don't care about your well-being, only their commission. BEWARE! A lot of the mistreatment of employees is not reported to HR.
Pros
Commission pay, some down time
Cons
No training
good culture
Head Boys Soccer Coach May (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSMarch 17, 2016
overall good place to work. good work culture. great benefits. Career advancement is possible depending on your situation. I would recommend this employer if you wish to work in the banking industry.
Pros
great benefits, great culture
Cons
n/a
This job is interesting.
Document Image Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 10, 2016
I will typically scan a few documents when I first arrive. Then I will go to my computer and find something else to do. I am able to be busy the whole day which makes it go by faster.
Pros
I don't have to go to lunch at the same time each day.
Cons
I don't get to move around much.
Racist environment
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 29, 2016
African American's looking to advance within this particular company will not do so unless you kiss up to the other dominant races.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Descrimination
Good
Teller (Former Employee) –  Flora, MSApril 5, 2016
Working here is a great place depending your location. Working with the people I work with makes it fun. Very laid back place to work with.
Teller experince
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working here I learned how to distinguish between real and fraudulent bills, was to quickly and efficiently count my drawer. I built relationships with customers and learned several aspects at banking and services that I wasn't aware of. I was given more responsibility that helped increase my salary
Pros
advancement opportuity
Cons
short breaks depending on customer needs
Great bank
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 27, 2015
A great bank for customers, not always great place to work. A lot of understaffing issues and a lot of management changes. It seemed as though management could have used training one on one with customer service representatives and others that handled daily functions.
This is a very productive place that caters to their employees
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 2, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for. The benefits are great and the opportunity to advance is wonderful. This is an enjoyable and fun place to work for.
Pros
Paid benefits and compensation
Cons
Open on saturdays
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 21, 2014
BankPlus is a great bank to work for. The pay rate is great and they really take good care of their employees. I was a teller so my typical day at work consisted of making deposits and withdrawls, cashing checks, promoting bank products, and etc. I learned alot about banking business and how to handle business. The only disadvantage is I was a part time worker so I had no benefits.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
no health insurance because i was part time
It's ok but...
teller (Former Employee) –  lake harbourOctober 15, 2014
Bank plus is all about customer service (of course). The pay is not what you think just because it's a bank, so expect around $10hr for tellers. Different branches do different things or let "certain" customers get away certain stuff. So there is no consistency across the board with bank plus as a whole. It really depends on which branch you work at. Some branches are more busier than others so I encourage DO YOUR RESEARCH! If banking is for you, then hey have fun but if not, look elsewhere
Pros
at least you have a job
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace with great opportunites.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Bankplus. I gained so much knowledge from customer service to intell with banking. The hardest part of the job would maybe be keeping up with changes and adjustments. The most enjoyable part would have to be just making my own schedule throughout the day getting things done stressfree. My co-workers were great, definitely never a dull moment!
Pros
healthcare, advancement
A great place to learn the fundamentals of business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 6, 2013
A usual day at work includes ensuring the accuracy of all financial transactions, assisting customers with financial decisions concerning products and provide superior customer service. In this job I have learned how to work along with a diverse group of coworkers to achieve one main objective. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is discerning exactly what a customer needs. However, when a customer's need is discovered and met with quality, this is often the most gratifying part of the job.
Not for everyone
teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson msFebruary 13, 2015
Not what it seems, that pay is not worth it and is a very competitive working environment. As well as the horrible management. This may only be at my branch but this is not the best job for everyone.
good benefits/fun people
Branch Manager, Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 17, 2012
typical day in a bank branch; lots of decisions, customer and employee interactions. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is so much competition in banking and every bank sells the same things, pretty much.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very competitive industry currently
The environment is great .
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work is very laid back . I get to learned and interact with different people daily . I love my co workers they all are very friendly .
Customer satisfaction oriented work environment, excellent management, and good advancement potential.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2013
The retail banking branches where I worked were quite busy and were open from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm Monday through Friday, and for at least five hours on Saturdays. The culture was very customer service driven and the management was very good at ensuring everyone who worked there had the tools they needed to help the customer.

My co-workers were bright, conscientious, and hard-working and it was my great pleasure to supervise those who worked behind the teller line. Advancement within the company was encouraged as was continuing education.

The most difficult part of my job came when it took several days to resolve a customer issue. While this did not happen often, I knew that time was of the essence when resolving issues that directly affected a customer's finances. Resolving customers' issues and getting to know them on a personal level was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
a fun, nurturing working environment, and great management
Cons
earning potential within the banking industry
Great company
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 10, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed going to work and would continue to work for this company, however I would need an increase in pay.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
decrease pay
nice community bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 26, 2012
Meet interesting people everyday and the bank's main goal is customer service.
Pros
healthcare free to employees
Cons
bank hours
Great work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 6, 2012
It was a wonderful place to work....the staff were great! I really enjoyed my job there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BANKPLUS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7