Bankrate Insurance (BRI) is seeking a Service Desk Associate to join our Technology Operations team The IT Service Desk Associate will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with users and applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
- Act as a single point of contact for all internal Helpdesk tickets, escalations and other IT issues/inquiries.
- 1st and 2nd tier support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Mobile devices (Cell, Tablets, Etc.), Laptops, PCs (Windows and Apple) as well as Printers.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Basic Active Directory and Exchange knowledge. Creating user accounts, OU Groups, Mailboxes, Distribution groups, reset passwords, Etc.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as Ethernet and WIFI connectivity issues.
- Desktop and Mobile Asset management, tracking changes, as well as ordering, installation and support.
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders for all new equipment, services, and software.
- Management of mobile phone/device profiles, services and Service providers.
- Have a basic knowledge of VOIP technologies and IP-Phone configuration.
- After hours Phone support for remote staff working thru VPN or other Desktop related issues as needed.
- Provide support for MSFT Office products such as (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Documenting and publishing support articles to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Provide backup support for two other remote corporate offices when local team members are not available.
- Additional roles and responsibilities as assigned.
Soft Skills / Personal Attributes:
- Two plus years of experience as a Service Desk Associate or Helpdesk specialist.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Thrives in a result’s oriented, fast past, high performance environment.
- Strong communication skills and a team collaborator.
- Strong communication skills (yes, we intentionally said this twice. You must be personable and able to work with employees of all levels equally well).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 2 years IT Service Desk and/or Helpdesk experience required.
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration.
- Basic MSFT Exchange Mailbox and Distribution administration.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and MS Office products.
- Basic knowledge of Apple OS and IOS.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Associates Degree or operational experience equivalent.
- CompTIA A+, or MCP certification would be desirable.
- Basic understanding of e-commerce business operations.
- Willing to field after hours support calls from the Executive team as needed.
Bankrate, Inc. is the web’s leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. As an internet-only company, it is frequently pushing the boundaries of innovative thinking and process to ensure enjoyable, effective and informative end-user experiences. A division of Bankrate Inc, Bankrate Insurance is committed to re-creating the insurance shopping experience, connecting consumers with agents by new, innovative and efficient methods.
We provide a strong benefit package for all full-time employees which include but are not limited to: health, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability, life Insurance, vacation, 401K and complimentary snacks, beverages, candy.
Our core company values are:
High Performing Organization
We Are One
Indeed - 21 months ago
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Bankrate Insurance is the leading online comparison shopping and lead generation solution for the...