BankUnited Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Commercial Loans (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 12, 2016
Mind you, working in a loan production center is high volume and stress is a given and to be expected. Having to work 60 hours a week and having to work most weekends is asking too much of anyone. I'm an extremely hard worker with a good work ethic, so I don't mind hard work. It's the lack of hiring and constant pressure with too few employees that is causing the problem. You just never get a break! Christmas last year was completely ruined after being so stressed out because of closing all stacking one on top of the other, all with major issues.

Thought there would be a lull in 2016, nope. This whole year has been stack the loans on, keep hiring more sales people, but never ramp up your back office. I get that many companies are cutting back and expecting more, but you burn people out when you have them doing the job a 3 people. Quality of life is so much more important than money. I've been doing this job for a long time and have NEVER had an employer expect so much out of their employees. Management needs to get real or their good experienced people are going to start dropping like flies. People have choices. I choose to not be stressed out of my mind 24/7, or be a heart attack or stroke victim, so this fly is out.
Pros
Nice coworkers, pays well
Cons
Way too many hours, no life balance, no real training
A nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 27, 2016
I enjoy what I do and the people I work with. Being that I see them more than I do my own family (sometimes) I would agree to state that the people are what make a a great company. While this bank gives you health insurance, the rates compared to other reputable companies is not at par, and unfortunately neither is their compensation plan. Market average for a position is really not what they offer - it's just what they offer and that's it.

Overall, its a good place to work. Fancy cafeteria and coming soon a nice gym as well. I just wished the amount of effort and funds pumped into the building would somehow be used to compensate/improve the salaries of the employees.
Pros
Clean atmosphere, Cafeteria
Cons
Salary Compensation not at par with national nor local averages
Productive and fun work place
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
I started out in the company as a teller and four months later I was promoted to an relationship banker position. I have grown and learned so much. The employee are very friendly and easy to get along with,
Financially strong but lacks state of the art products and services required to attract and retain customers.
Vice President, Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 12, 2016
BankUnited is very strong financially but lacks state of the art services and products offered by major competitors like Wells Fargo or Bank of America. Employees are not a priority. Employees need better tools to compete in the market.
A day of BankUnited
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 19, 2016
Morning starts at 8:30AM pulled up daily reports which consist of calling clients if there accounts were overdrawn. Pulled up new accounts opened report to review all accounts opened for accuracy. Scan documents if needed. Made outbound sales calls throughout the day for new business. At least 10 calls per day. Filed files, answer E-mails, took care of clients that came to open accounts. Personal accounts, Business accounts. IRA or CD's.Processed outgoing wires.Referred Loans if needed. Took care customers concerns and complaints. Give excellent customer service. At times I would balance the vault. Order cash shipment for the Bank. Coach employees, did employee scheduling and payroll.Conduct weekly operations and security meetings, adhering to policy and procedures at all times. Did Cash monthly audits.
Pros
Speaking to clients
Cons
Staying to open and close.
Is a customer friendly institution with good benefits for employees
Foreclosure Department, Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 30, 2016
Had the opportunity to learn about different departments with excellent training.
Benefits were fare and very good enviroment.
A Multi-faceted environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 18, 2016
Multi-tasking is the key to survival at Bank United. One also needs to pay very close attention detail as one error can have several repercussions.

The overall culture of the organization is very homely as it is an upcoming financial institution. There is a positive environment among the employees.
Great People
Affordable Lending Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 29, 2016
I have worked twice at BankUnited and both times enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere. I am sorry that the decision was made to exit the residential lending business
looking for a perminant position in chosen field
Relationship Banker-loan officer (Former Employee) –  st lucie countyFebruary 11, 2016
loved my coworkers and job especially the customers but found it was time to retire from banking I had high responsibilities in this position love the work hours and meeting established and new customers the job was about establishing a relationship with the customers
Keeps you using your brain everyday.
Perform teller (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJanuary 19, 2016
This job was a challenge everyday. The managers were great leaders and always pushed me to work harder and to build up in the company. I enjoy working for a company that you can learn from everyday.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/A
BankUnited
Small Business Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Great company with a lot of potential to grow in some departments. Excellent coworkers to work with. They are willing to ask for help or aid in any inquires you have.
Great Team
Vice President Private Client Services (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 6, 2015
Work with new and existing clients to develop a relationship that meets the clients lending, banking, and financial needs.
Pros
Love the clients
Productive Fun Place To Work
Sr. Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FlOctober 21, 2015
answer the phone, help customers with there needs, order money for the branch, cross sale, meet your goals, opening and closing procedure. Everyday I leaned something new, everyone was helpful, when I needed help with something my co-workers were there willing to help. I was always there on time and when I was finished with my reports I would ask for more jobs. I loved my job and all my co-workers they where there for me and like wise it was the most enjoyable place to work. The hardest part of my job was to say goodbye. BankUnited is a great place to work.
Good Institution to work for.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2015
In charge of the operations, supervising 2 Tellers, coaching and mentoring. Providing support to personal bankers by referring customers to them.
Pros
Meeting new people day after day, you never know who you will run into.
Cons
Was not able to transfer closer to home.
Great atmosphere for customers as well as employees
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FlJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at BankUnited very much. The customers for the most part were great.
The only reason I left was because the upper management decided that as of Jan, 2015, the part time hours would be cut to 20 hours a week and with no benefits.
Hardworker and good excellence
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Over 50 hours of analysis and reports. Work with various departments and group.
Interesting Position
Mobile Banking Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 22, 2014
I was part of a great team,That was underutilized. On an average day I would settle the mobile branch for all draws and ATM. I was responsible for ordering money,and all the inventory.
My co-workers were awesome and very helpful.
The challenges I faced was to actually get to do my Job. The company was very disorganized with the mobile branch and more times than not had no plan for the Unit.
I truly enjoyed my time at Bank United and would have loved to stay.
Poor experience from the start!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach CountyOctober 1, 2014
From my first day in a branch, through the useless "High Level" training then continuing on to my actual Branch was completely unorganized and backwards.
Customers complain and are concerned with the mass turnover and they should be. With so many Management positions to fill they are not taking the time for quality and it shows.
Let's not get started on their transaction processing system....HELLO 1990! They should upgrade their systems before building a beautiful new cafeteria offering cooking classes for the corporate office folks.
Pros
Training compensation
IT Manager and Systems Engineer
IT Application Support Manager/Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 10, 2014
In this role I managed a team of 8 analyst and reported to the VP of Infrastructure . I was responsible for the overall support and ongoing maintenance of diversified portfolio of Unix and SAN infrastructure core banking applications on Unix and Windows based platforms. During my time at BankUnited I was also able to accomplish my MBA which has helped me to provide a higher level of service to the organization to support the bottom line.
Productive and fast paced
Collateral Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 10, 2014
BankUnited, N.A was a pleasant organization to be a part of.
Unfortunately, my area was eliminated. Overall, I was very happy there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BankUnited. Our community is ready to answer.