BankUnited Employee Reviews in United States

Is a customer friendly institution with good benefits for employees
Foreclosure Department, Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 30, 2016
Had the opportunity to learn about different departments with excellent training.
Benefits were fare and very good enviroment.
Keeps you using your brain everyday.
Perform teller (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJanuary 19, 2016
This job was a challenge everyday. The managers were great leaders and always pushed me to work harder and to build up in the company. I enjoy working for a company that you can learn from everyday.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/A
A day of BankUnited
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 19, 2016
Morning starts at 8:30AM pulled up daily reports which consist of calling clients if there accounts were overdrawn. Pulled up new accounts opened report to review all accounts opened for accuracy. Scan documents if needed. Made outbound sales calls throughout the day for new business. At least 10 calls per day. Filed files, answer E-mails, took care of clients that came to open accounts. Personal accounts, Business accounts. IRA or CD's.Processed outgoing wires.Referred Loans if needed. Took care customers concerns and complaints. Give excellent customer service. At times I would balance the vault. Order cash shipment for the Bank. Coach employees, did employee scheduling and payroll.Conduct weekly operations and security meetings, adhering to policy and procedures at all times. Did Cash monthly audits.
Pros
Speaking to clients
Cons
Staying to open and close.
Financially strong but lacks state of the art products and services required to attract and retain customers.
Vice President, Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 12, 2016
BankUnited is very strong financially but lacks state of the art services and products offered by major competitors like Wells Fargo or Bank of America. Employees are not a priority. Employees need better tools to compete in the market.
A Multi-faceted environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 18, 2016
Multi-tasking is the key to survival at Bank United. One also needs to pay very close attention detail as one error can have several repercussions.

The overall culture of the organization is very homely as it is an upcoming financial institution. There is a positive environment among the employees.
Productive and fun work place
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
I started out in the company as a teller and four months later I was promoted to an relationship banker position. I have grown and learned so much. The employee are very friendly and easy to get along with,
Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2013
My experience at BankUnited was excellent. The worst mistake I have ever done was to leave this company. I left thinking that I was being offered a better opportunity; however, that was not the case. BankUnited has family members, not employees. I worked at a branch that was a 2-in-1, as it was a branch that had been merged with another close by. My manager was young, but very knowledgeable and professional, as was my assistant manager. Together we were like a family. We had our disagreements, but overall we worked very well together. The company is very stable and strong, senior management is humble and caring. There is always opportunity to grow, and senior management directly recognizes talent as well. The pay and benefits were excellent. They allowed overtime, as needed. I would definitely consider working for BankUnited again.
Pros
pay & overtime, great management, benefits, promotion potential
Cons
smaller bank (all is more manual)
looking for a perminant position in chosen field
Relationship Banker-loan officer (Former Employee) –  st lucie countyFebruary 11, 2016
loved my coworkers and job especially the customers but found it was time to retire from banking I had high responsibilities in this position love the work hours and meeting established and new customers the job was about establishing a relationship with the customers
Poor experience from the start!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach CountyOctober 1, 2014
From my first day in a branch, through the useless "High Level" training then continuing on to my actual Branch was completely unorganized and backwards.
Customers complain and are concerned with the mass turnover and they should be. With so many Management positions to fill they are not taking the time for quality and it shows.
Let's not get started on their transaction processing system....HELLO 1990! They should upgrade their systems before building a beautiful new cafeteria offering cooking classes for the corporate office folks.
Pros
training compensation
Cons
management
Great People
Affordable Lending Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 29, 2016
I have worked twice at BankUnited and both times enjoyed the staff and the atmosphere. I am sorry that the decision was made to exit the residential lending business
BankUnited
Small Business Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Great company with a lot of potential to grow in some departments. Excellent coworkers to work with. They are willing to ask for help or aid in any inquires you have.
Productive Fun Place To Work
Sr. Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FlOctober 21, 2015
answer the phone, help customers with there needs, order money for the branch, cross sale, meet your goals, opening and closing procedure. Everyday I leaned something new, everyone was helpful, when I needed help with something my co-workers were there willing to help. I was always there on time and when I was finished with my reports I would ask for more jobs. I loved my job and all my co-workers they where there for me and like wise it was the most enjoyable place to work. The hardest part of my job was to say goodbye. BankUnited is a great place to work.
Great atmosphere for customers as well as employees
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FlJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at BankUnited very much. The customers for the most part were great.
The only reason I left was because the upper management decided that as of Jan, 2015, the part time hours would be cut to 20 hours a week and with no benefits.
Not a pleasent place to work, due to
Bank Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami LakesDecember 18, 2012
Management is more interested in micro managing and pointing out minor errors than in providing support and training. There is a lot of resentment between lagacy bank employees and new hires. Red tape is unbelievable, almost impossible to improve culture or get anything done. Not a pleasant working enviroment. Salaried workers are expected to work 10 plus hour daily. Watch your back!
Pros
decent salary
Cons
management
Excellent pay but difficult working environment.
VP (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes FLJune 21, 2011
See Pros and Cons below. If you solely interested in pay, this may be a good fit for you!
Pros
great pay!, good benefits
Cons
noisy working environment, high personnel turnover, most employees in very small cubes, fast paced - frequent long hours, insufficient parking
Great Team
Vice President Private Client Services (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 6, 2015
Work with new and existing clients to develop a relationship that meets the clients lending, banking, and financial needs.
Pros
Love the clients
company closed california branch
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 12, 2013
for the time I worked there it was great. Wonderful staff and management. Sad company closed. great pay with benefits
Productive, security
Mortgage Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FloridaJanuary 20, 2014
Excellent benefits, excellent management. excellent for ethics
benefits
Great Company
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Great company to work for, good benefits, great working environment, organized, very professional.
high energy, countless promotions
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton-Florida-USAFebruary 11, 2014
branch opening, buy/sell cash to tellers, running statements and reports, auditing, upselling bank products, running promotions, forecasting, running transactions accurately, meeting customers' expectations, preparing special requests for cash orders, providing summaries and report for upper management, working with the back of the house, currency exchange, training new staff, balancing tellers drawers/vault and branch, attending meetings with upper management.
Going through conversion became quite challenging, due to new systems.
Satisfying customer's requests and contributing to the successful operation of the bank meant constant developing and improvement on the individual level. Management's appreciation was a great motivating force.
Pros
compassionate management, professional approach, customer oriented mentality
Cons
conversion, layoffs