BankUnited Employee Reviews

Keeps you using your brain everyday.
Perform teller (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJanuary 19, 2016
This job was a challenge everyday. The managers were great leaders and always pushed me to work harder and to build up in the company. I enjoy working for a company that you can learn from everyday.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/A
BankUnited
Small Business Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Great company with a lot of potential to grow in some departments. Excellent coworkers to work with. They are willing to ask for help or aid in any inquires you have.
Great Team
Vice President Private Client Services (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 6, 2015
Work with new and existing clients to develop a relationship that meets the clients lending, banking, and financial needs.
Pros
Love the clients
Productive Fun Place To Work
Sr. Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FlOctober 21, 2015
answer the phone, help customers with there needs, order money for the branch, cross sale, meet your goals, opening and closing procedure. Everyday I leaned something new, everyone was helpful, when I needed help with something my co-workers were there willing to help. I was always there on time and when I was finished with my reports I would ask for more jobs. I loved my job and all my co-workers they where there for me and like wise it was the most enjoyable place to work. The hardest part of my job was to say goodbye. BankUnited is a great place to work.
Good Institution to work for.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2015
In charge of the operations, supervising 2 Tellers, coaching and mentoring. Providing support to personal bankers by referring customers to them.
Pros
Meeting new people day after day, you never know who you will run into.
Cons
Was not able to transfer closer to home.
Great atmosphere for customers as well as employees
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FlJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at BankUnited very much. The customers for the most part were great.
The only reason I left was because the upper management decided that as of Jan, 2015, the part time hours would be cut to 20 hours a week and with no benefits.
Hardworker and good excellence
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Over 50 hours of analysis and reports. Work with various departments and group.
Interesting Position
Mobile Banking Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 22, 2014
I was part of a great team,That was underutilized. On an average day I would settle the mobile branch for all draws and ATM. I was responsible for ordering money,and all the inventory.
My co-workers were awesome and very helpful.
The challenges I faced was to actually get to do my Job. The company was very disorganized with the mobile branch and more times than not had no plan for the Unit.
I truly enjoyed my time at Bank United and would have loved to stay.
Poor experience from the start!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach CountyOctober 1, 2014
From my first day in a branch, through the useless "High Level" training then continuing on to my actual Branch was completely unorganized and backwards.
Customers complain and are concerned with the mass turnover and they should be. With so many Management positions to fill they are not taking the time for quality and it shows.
Let's not get started on their transaction processing system....HELLO 1990! They should upgrade their systems before building a beautiful new cafeteria offering cooking classes for the corporate office folks.
Pros
training compensation
Cons
management
IT Manager and Systems Engineer
IT Application Support Manager/Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 10, 2014
In this role I managed a team of 8 analyst and reported to the VP of Infrastructure . I was responsible for the overall support and ongoing maintenance of diversified portfolio of Unix and SAN infrastructure core banking applications on Unix and Windows based platforms. During my time at BankUnited I was also able to accomplish my MBA which has helped me to provide a higher level of service to the organization to support the bottom line.
Productive and fast paced
Collateral Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 10, 2014
BankUnited, N.A was a pleasant organization to be a part of.
Unfortunately, my area was eliminated. Overall, I was very happy there.
Untrustworthy, underhanded, sneaky
Depressed (Former Employee) –  State of AnxietyMay 30, 2014
The moment you walk into the building, you get a very strange sensation. Could this feeling be the result of untrustworthy managers? Or, how about the pressure to perform under unreasonable expectations? After spending a few minutes with "senior" level individuals, you come to the conclusion that they are unprofessional, uneducated people. It is no surprise the reviews are so negative. Be extremely careful with these people. In fact, do not respond to phone calls or emails that claim to be "interested in speaking" with you. It does not end well. Do not work for them unless your financial situation is precarious.
Cons
too many
great working enviroment
Vice President, Indirect and Specialized Lending (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 1, 2014
A good work live balance co-workers alwys looking out for each other. An upbeat and productive work enviroment.
Unrealistic Sales Goals with Bad Compensation
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2014
I have been with BankUnited for a year now and I must say, this company never ceases to surprise me....in every bad way possible. From the time you apply until the time you complete training, BankUnited misleads you into thinking the Relationship Banker position is comparable to a Personal Banker at other institutions. It is far from it! A relationship banker at BankUnited is solely responsible for BUSINESS banking production. Your sales goals are based on commercial loan production, non-interest bearing deposit growth and treasury management referrals. They have absolutely no formal credit training and they do not teach you anything about business lending; basically they throw you to the wolves and hope that you figure it out on your own. The upper management puts so much pressure on the retail staff that BankUnited cannot retain employees. I have seen more turnover at this company than any other I've ever worked for. The quarterly bonuses are above average for retail banking, but still much lower than a typical business banking position. Starting in 2014, they changed the whole incentive plan making it near impossible for RB's to hit their quarterly goals....and TRUST ME, the hourly pay is NOTHING for the stress that you are put under. Like I said, I have been here for a year, I have a really good reputation within the company, but I feel it is necessary to give my honest opinion. This is not a position or company I would willingly apply for had I known all of the details. Take my advice, pursue another bank!
Pros
paid time off
Cons
bad compensation, unrealistic sales goals, high employee turnover, horrible upper management
You always get the run around from management
Relationship banker (Former Employee) –  South FloridaMarch 21, 2014
I was a former employee at bank united. I have to be very honest to those people who are interested in a banker position here. There are a lot of people getting fired and getting replaced quickly. I was wrongfully terminated because I did not meet loan production in time given . In addition,I was not given proper training for my position nor had a branch manager for over 5months out of the 9 months I worked there. I was set up to fail from the beginning. Now,The company is only interested in selling out to the bank with the highest bid. There will be a merger very soon. Beware of this company.
Pros
free lunches at meetings
Cons
short lifespan as a banker if you don't produce every month
Great Company
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Great company to work for, good benefits, great working environment, organized, very professional.
high energy, countless promotions
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton-Florida-USAFebruary 11, 2014
branch opening, buy/sell cash to tellers, running statements and reports, auditing, upselling bank products, running promotions, forecasting, running transactions accurately, meeting customers' expectations, preparing special requests for cash orders, providing summaries and report for upper management, working with the back of the house, currency exchange, training new staff, balancing tellers drawers/vault and branch, attending meetings with upper management.
Going through conversion became quite challenging, due to new systems.
Satisfying customer's requests and contributing to the successful operation of the bank meant constant developing and improvement on the individual level. Management's appreciation was a great motivating force.
Pros
compassionate management, professional approach, customer oriented mentality
Cons
conversion, layoffs
Productive, security
Mortgage Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FloridaJanuary 20, 2014
Excellent benefits, excellent management. excellent for ethics
benefits
company closed california branch
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 12, 2013
for the time I worked there it was great. Wonderful staff and management. Sad company closed. great pay with benefits
Excellent compensation package, great training available
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2013
Good company, after merger focus shifted to how many loan produced rather than customer service. Offered better pay then most banking jobs.
Pros
great training provided
Cons
too focused on loan production