BankUnited Employee Reviews

Money isn't everything
Vice President/Business Banking (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
Good comp plan but poor work environment and benefits is an overall summary. Though the comp plan changes quite often (3 times in 2016 alone) it is more than most other banks.
Difficult work environment
Vice President, Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2017
Would not recommend. Horrible work environment. Workplace culture not healthy nor conducive to productive days. Stressful environment. Unstable location to work.
Pros
Cons
Many - Stressful, poor management, poor culture
Bu
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
I think the management should have been a little more open to employees concerns and have been a little more compassionate to their employees. The job itself was manageable with the right guidance provided.
Pros
the benefits were good.
Cons
Management was one sided.
Productive Environment
Affordable Housing Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 26, 2017
This was a really nice environment to work in, everyone is very positive and willing to assist with job duties or direct you to the right person to speak with. They try their best to motivate their employees in order to make it a friend work environment.
Good environment, little opportunity
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Working at BankUnited was a good experience. I had great coworkers that became close friends. Unfortunately, I was working part-time and was in need of a full-time position, and when a position became available they did not want to give me a shot. That position was left open for 5 months and even after I left the institution.
They offered me the position when I gave my two weeks notice, but I did not take it because I had already received a better offer that I could not pass up. Overall, I have no other complaints about the institution and I am happy with the knowledge I received throughout my time there.
Great Comany to work for
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 21, 2017
Fair and balanced Company to work for, on my 15 and half years there it was a pleasure working for them.
Very respectful and caring for their employees, a very relax and friendly admostfere. I do recommend this Company to anyone.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Growing company
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
Bankunited was great to work for. Great benefits and work/life balance was awesome. Although the bank products are not very competitive with its competitors, decision making on rates for clients was a bit more flexible when compared to larger banks
Pros
Ability to advance and grow
Cons
Small bank
Great environment
Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 16, 2017
Ensured financial center provided the public with banking services.
Provided growth through the development of deposits and the development and retention of new and existing customers.
Recwnt changes provide unstable environment.
EVP/Business Banking Credit Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, Knoxville amd NYMay 14, 2017
After 14 years in many roles which have expanded my professional capabilities, I would like to utilize these at an institution that would benefit from my background.
Pros
Past opportunities, compensation.
Cons
Uncertain future
Exposure and experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2017
One of the greatest jobs I have ever had. With great assistance and co workers that always would support you as you grow within the company, BankUnited offers a family.
productive learning environment
management of enterprise wireless technologies (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLApril 13, 2017
A culture of learning and expanding ones skills set.

Hardest part of the job is providing technical support to often not very technically savvy customers.
No room for advancement
Treasury Management Support (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLApril 4, 2017
No upward advancement. Attempted to transfer internally and the management looks for specific work qualifications and will not give you opportunity unless you have the experience.
Productive and Educational work place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 20, 2017
Bank united was a great company to grow. I was a teller II provided excellent customer service. We had goals to meet quarterly such as sales. The company is a great place to work.
No work life balance
Commercial Loans (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 12, 2016
Mind you, working in a loan production center is high volume and stress is a given and to be expected. Having to work 60 hours a week and having to work most weekends is asking too much of anyone. I'm an extremely hard worker with a good work ethic, so I don't mind hard work. It's the lack of hiring and constant pressure with too few employees that is causing the problem. You just never get a break! Christmas last year was completely ruined after being so stressed out because of closing all stacking one on top of the other, all with major issues.

Thought there would be a lull in 2016, nope. This whole year has been stack the loans on, keep hiring more sales people, but never ramp up your back office. I get that many companies are cutting back and expecting more, but you burn people out when you have them doing the job a 3 people. Quality of life is so much more important than money. I've been doing this job for a long time and have NEVER had an employer expect so much out of their employees. Management needs to get real or their good experienced people are going to start dropping like flies. People have choices. I choose to not be stressed out of my mind 24/7, or be a heart attack or stroke victim, so this fly is out.
Pros
Nice coworkers, pays well
Cons
Way too many hours, no life balance, no real training
Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJuly 28, 2016
I have had a good experience working at Bankunited over the past 12 years. I just feel that after that time its time for me to make an adjustment with my career path.
A nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 27, 2016
I enjoy what I do and the people I work with. Being that I see them more than I do my own family (sometimes) I would agree to state that the people are what make a a great company. While this bank gives you health insurance, the rates compared to other reputable companies is not at par, and unfortunately neither is their compensation plan. Market average for a position is really not what they offer - it's just what they offer and that's it.

Overall, its a good place to work. Fancy cafeteria and coming soon a nice gym as well. I just wished the amount of effort and funds pumped into the building would somehow be used to compensate/improve the salaries of the employees.
Pros
Clean atmosphere, Cafeteria
Cons
Salary Compensation not at par with national nor local averages
Productive and fun work place
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
I started out in the company as a teller and four months later I was promoted to an relationship banker position. I have grown and learned so much. The employee are very friendly and easy to get along with,
Financially strong but lacks state of the art products and services required to attract and retain customers.
Vice President, Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 12, 2016
BankUnited is very strong financially but lacks state of the art services and products offered by major competitors like Wells Fargo or Bank of America. Employees are not a priority. Employees need better tools to compete in the market.
A day of BankUnited
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 19, 2016
Morning starts at 8:30AM pulled up daily reports which consist of calling clients if there accounts were overdrawn. Pulled up new accounts opened report to review all accounts opened for accuracy. Scan documents if needed. Made outbound sales calls throughout the day for new business. At least 10 calls per day. Filed files, answer E-mails, took care of clients that came to open accounts. Personal accounts, Business accounts. IRA or CD's.Processed outgoing wires.Referred Loans if needed. Took care customers concerns and complaints. Give excellent customer service. At times I would balance the vault. Order cash shipment for the Bank. Coach employees, did employee scheduling and payroll.Conduct weekly operations and security meetings, adhering to policy and procedures at all times. Did Cash monthly audits.
Pros
Speaking to clients
Cons
Staying to open and close.
Is a customer friendly institution with good benefits for employees
Foreclosure Department, Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 30, 2016
Had the opportunity to learn about different departments with excellent training.
Benefits were fare and very good enviroment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BankUnited. Our community is ready to answer.