Banner Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Management is not fair
Teller (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WA 99362September 21, 2017
If all management were to change then maybe it would be a good place to work. If you are not part of their "group" then you will end up either quitting or they would end up finding a way to fire you.
Productive , Team environment, fun place to work
Assistant VP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 14, 2017
My typical day started with reports, follow up from previous day with clients in mind, preparing for coaching with staff.
I learned more about outside calling
Management was supportive for the most part
Work place culture was positive and a team environment
The hardest part of my job was being short staffed
The most enjoyable part of my job was my cliients, my team and sales.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Balance with all there was to accomplish, being short staffed
The only good thing was the pay...
Commercial Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Rather not saySeptember 12, 2017
The merger of AmericanWest and Banner was a disaster. All of the things that AmericanWest had in place to transition to a much larger institution were thrown out in favor of the Banner way. Turn around times to do commercial loans went from 2-3 weeks to months. I saw more unethical behavior here than I have ever seen in my entire career. The only bright spots were the great co-workers. Employees are leaving right and left but it doesn't seem that upper management gets it...
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Unethical business practices
N/a
Residential Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAAugust 23, 2017
They say that you can never go back. I beg to differ. Sometimes returning to the scene of the incident can bring back additional memories and ideas that you had never thought of before.
Not a good place to work. Cutthroat
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  Central Point Or.August 21, 2017
Very stressful work environment, hostile, no management skills, no breaks. The environment is very sales orientated and pushy. Unfortunately the management team is lacking in experience.
Blindsided by the Bank sale of the Utah Division
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 20, 2017
Banner Bank would have been a great institution if they had not closed the Utah Division. I enjoyed my time while I was there.

My manager is a great individual and I am sad to not being working with him in the future.
work place and management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 8, 2017
I regret accepting the job everyday. The management is the worse that I have ever worked with and act like junior high school girls. They act like you don't exist unless you are their pet. They don't provide the training that is necessary to do the job to the full potential. When you seek advice or understanding they ignore you calls and emails. This is the worst place to work for and I advise to seek employment elsewhere.
Poor planning on branch location
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 31, 2017
Some branches are extremely fast paced and then there are others where it is rare to see a customer for hours. If they spent more time on strategic branch location planning they would be much more succesful.
Credit Analyst
Commercial Personal Loan Assistant/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJune 8, 2017
Working at Banner Bank was short lived as I was hired with a Loan Officer that I had worked with at Union Bank/ Frontier Bank. My experience with Banner Bank was in general excellent. The office I worked in was professional and well educated. Banner Bank extended invitations to me for further education and signed me up to internal classes on a regular bases. I would have stayed at this bank if the Loan Officer I served had not chosen to move to a different bank. The hardest part of my job was negotiating between the loan officer I served and the regional managers and credit administrators. The most enjoyable part was working with the people at the Burlington Office.
Pros
Continuing Education, Employee Investment
Cons
Management was too conservative for the loan officer I worked with.
Great company
Teller/Back-Up Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJune 5, 2017
I loved working for Banner Bank. Great work life and amazing co-workers. They really give you the tools to succeed. I wish I didn't have to leave but due to spouse relocation we moved.

Want to know more about Banner Bank?

Ask a question
Great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 2, 2017
Great company with great products. Management cares about the team and it shows with the employees and clients as well. They are growing and expanding but keeping the client in mind as they do so.
OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 22, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. I have been there for 3+ years. Started out as a Personal Banker in Provo UT. I was promoted to Customer Service Manager within a short period of time. I like helping customers with there day to day transactions as well as help them reach their long term goals.
Cons
The comute is to far looking for something closer to where I live
Great opportunities here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA United StatesApril 21, 2017
Banner Bank is a great place to work. There's always learning material available to you if you want to improve where you're at or change your career path in the company, and the referral programs allow you to increase your pay while helping the bank and its customers. Win win!
they have a bonus structure
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTApril 10, 2017
They have been a hard company to work for, no training on what you need to learn, Which has made the job hard to learn. I feel there was not a lot of support from management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No training
Banking Life is Great for Family Life
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORMarch 18, 2017
Banks always do a great job at allowing for a quality family life. The job is rewarding and you are acknowledged for your contribution to the company. Great room for advancement.
Overworked and under paid
Debit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 28, 2017
Probably one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The manager of my department played favorites, I felt like I was constantly harassed because I wasn't getting my work done on time, but I was the only one who knew how to do my job and was constantly asking for someone to train in my absence, and was always promised someone to train but never did get anybody. For the amount of work and stress that was put on us in my department the pay was horrendous.
Great people
RE Payoff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJanuary 14, 2017
Amazing coworkers and a healthy work environment - most people like to help others out. Very relaxed in the corporate office. Always something to do - never bored
Pros
Care about employees
Cons
Work overload
Great place to work other than managment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 13, 2017
-Typical day at work is getting there by 8:30 am. Logging into my computer, and then printing out forms to do that balancing for the branch. Then opening the vault and night drop and processing those transactions. Once the bank opens at 9, its continuously helping clients with deposits/withdrawals/problems, until 12 when I go to lunch. After I get back from lunch at 1, its back to helping clients until about 4:30 when I balance the vault for the night. My coworkers are great, we can joke and laugh and poke fun at one another without people getting upset. The hardest part of my job is my manager. She constantly makes me feel like I can't do anything right. She wants us to go ask her questions all the time, but yet when we do she gets visibly annoyed and gives attitude. She gets mad when we don't do something, but when we do, she gets mad that we did. She contradicts herself a lot, then takes it out on myself or other coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. I love helping people in anyway that I can, no matter how big or small the impact is.
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, sick time
Cons
Manager
Banner Bank Review
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 11, 2017
Training is basically one on one. Trainer does have to stop randomly to answer questions for employees on the phone. Great and friendly environment. Supervisors are very willing to answer questions.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Very rude customers (sometimes), dealing with incompetent customers.
o Teller (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 11, 2017
Great work schedule and friendly co-workers. weekly meetings with supervisors set achievable goals and provide time to discuss concerns. Pay should be better for job position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval