Banner Boswell Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Family Orientated facility
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 5, 2015
A typical day at work was enforcing policies and procedures. I learned how to work with others and advance my customer service skills. Management was great and always willing to help you grow. My co-workers were amazing and very easy to get along with. I didn't find my job to be hard at all, I loved learning new things and challenging myself. That was the best part of working there.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Cut pay increases
Very gentle people and great environment
Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 13, 2015
Currently, I am volunteering there. I still remember my first day at the hospital, very shy and nervous. However, after orientation and meet my partners I started to look happier. Banner Hospital has a great environment, people is extremely gentle and always is available to help others, especially patients. I am learning new things and I feeling more confident each day. I could not have chosen the best hospital for my volunteering.
Pros
Nice people, permanent orientation, free drinks
Cons
Exciting, intense, emotional experience every day. Fabulous co-workers, overwelming periods of sadness, sense of satisfaction when helping people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 9, 2013
12 hour days surrounded by intelligent co-workers who are happy and eager to help when needed. Each day is a new learning experience; co-workers can share new or different techniques, patients/costumers share life experiences. Management share business experience and work ethic.
Patients in pain, physical or emotional. An elderly patient, who's body is crippled and painful, but with an alert and active mind. Patients who have no family or friends with them in a critical time. Being overwhelmed with multiple patients and not having enough time to spend quality time with each are the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable times are when a patient asks, "Can I give you a hug?", the thank-you's, the looks of gratitude, the plate of cookies, the handshake from family members.
Pros
being able to make a scared, hurting, upset, or mad patient - - - smile. good pay, respect, great benefits
Cons
pain, death, psychiatric patients
Great working environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 1, 2015
I have learned a lot working at Banner Boswell Medical Center. The staff and management are friendly and approachable, and the patients are a lot of fun.
Review Summary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2013
Banner Boswell was a very exciting place to work, the benefits were comparable to the work they asked of you. Boswell offered many incentives such as discounts with local businesses, health, and education. The hardest part of this job was learning the multiple physical and computer systems used at this facility. The only negative remarks that I would have about this facility is unequal and unjust treatment between men and women, medical staff and administrative staff, and the request to manipulate account payables so that certain sections receive money they were not allowed.
Pros
benifits
Cons
unfair treatment and unethical work methods
Fun and enjoyable environment
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sun City, ArizonaAugust 16, 2015
As a volunteer I learned how valuable volunteers are to a hospital. I was always greeted with a smile by the people I worked with.
Pros
Working with great people and helping families of patients.
Cons
The student volunteer program was only available in the summer
Great Place
Biomedical Equipment Technician - Externship (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 11, 2015
I couldn't be more happier to have done my Extern here. Everyone was great I learned a lot wile I was their couldn't ask for a better place.
Pros
everything about the place was great
Cons
Enjoyable place to work, love the geriatric clientele.
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 23, 2012
I enjoyed my clinical experiences at Banner Boswell Medical Center. The preceptorship program is excellent and I learned time management, how to effectively communicate with other members of the health care team, excellent assessment and critical thinking skills. I love bedside nursing and creating a comfortable environment. Most difficult part of the job is having enough time to spend with the patients because there is so much computer charting.
Professional friendly helping culture
medical social worker (Current Employee) –  inpt careJune 5, 2015
I strive to meet the needs of my patients through the use of my creative skills and the interdisciplinary team to effectively reach my patients where they are. My goal every day is to create a safe, fun, respected place for myself to work in and for my patients to receive their care in on a daily basis.
Great place to work.
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST RRT 1 (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 29, 2012
A great job, Great staff a real family feeling. I work with a huge group of my friends. Could not make a better Team.
Pros
great benefits.
A Solid Organization
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 27, 2015
Very friendly and caring environment. A family like atmosphere. Good leadership, well structured organization. Clean. A pleasant place to work.
Patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 27, 2015
I love patient care and enjoyed the overall job itself. I enjoy taking care of people. That's my reason for patient care.
Professional and caring.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJanuary 22, 2015
The people that I worked closely with were always very professional, knowledgeable, and very caring towards the patients.
Wonderful team oriented atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Resource Team - Clinical Care OperationsApril 23, 2013
Working here has been a positive experience. The Leaders, Units and all staff are dedicated to making a difference in our patients lives. I have nothing but wonderful feelings towards this patient care centerT
Pros
teams working together and enjoying being there.
Cons
i can's honestly think of any.
Good
Stationary Engineer/Plant Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 6, 2014
Was a good place to work. Unfortunately would not support anyone to advance their skillsets.
Always enjoy working in a hospital setting
Certified Nursing Assistant-CCO (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 2, 2014
Look forward to working in both hospital and ambulatory setting
Great place to work.
health unit coordinator (Former Employee) –  sun city, AZJune 17, 2014
I had a great experience at Banner Boswell. They treat their employees well, and are very focused on patient care.
EKG tests and clean medical equipment
Respiratory Tech Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 27, 2014
Obtain ordered EKG's while keeping a positive attitude with co workers
First experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 18, 2013
This was my first experience in the hospital setting, so I really had nothing to compare it to or evaluate.

4.5