Banner Engineering Corporation Employee Reviews

Great workplace, Great People, Great Company
Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 20, 2017
I am learning new things everyday with new tasks and new challenges arise. With personal ideas being acknowledged. They see the worker i am and put that to the test with bigger better things to see and i am treated well like the people who have worked at Banner longer then i have.
Pros
Lots of activities, softball company outings
Cons
Have not witnessed any yet
great environment in a vastly growing company
materials handler II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 13, 2017
the opportunities for advancement and cross-training are great; the hourly wages are exceptional; a lot of new procedures and equipment to accompany the growing customer base
Non Supportive of Employees
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 13, 2017
There is little to no training available to educate staff. Systems used are cumbersome and again, no training. The company is stuck in the past, not willing to move forward. Upper management is out of touch what is happening the ranks.
Good pay, easy work.
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 29, 2017
The pay is very nice for the work being done. The benefits are crazy affordable. You could do a back braking job and make less. I get to work with some pretty cool machines and I get to see the electrical components on the boards and what they make.
Poor managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMarch 8, 2017
Management has their favorites, time off is impossible w/o pto, pay not great for what you have to do, better not miss work w/of pto or you probably get fired
Pros
Day shift hours are nice
Cons
Benefits are spendy, favortism, time off nearly impossible w/o pto
Excellent company to work for!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 23, 2016
This company had great benefits, and really knows how to take care of the employees. The only drawback was their rigid hiring guidelines. It can be difficult to move to a different department within the organization if you don't have exactly the right experience.
Disfunctional
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 16, 2015
Poor Pay. Try 30 percent minimum below market.

Cheap. Who charges their employees for flu shots? Yep. Banner does. $5.00 a pop.

Middle Managers? Try cast offs from Honeywell who feel that the only way to validate their presence is by micromanaging their direct reports. Extremely immature and punitive. Very cliquish. You're either in - or you're out.

R and D? Nonexistent.
Pros
None. Sorry
Cons
Please see below
it was an enjoyable workplace with good people
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 23, 2015
I mainly packed boxes and cleaned up around a warehouse. I enjoyed working with the people that work there. It was an enjoyable job.
really enjoyed the rersponsibility of running night shift crew.
Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJanuary 18, 2015
Came into plant at 9pm Monday thru Thursday andn started up all the SMT machinery. We then loaded to jobs in the Solder Paste Screener and the Panasonic MSR Pick and Place machines. ight crew consisted of 3 operators, me being the Lead operator and the Electronics Technician who troubleshot and repaired SMT machinery as needed.
Pros
Availability of overtime and night shift schedule.
Cons
Major problem we shut down pick and place til day shift arrived.
always something to do, fun and challenging.
Electrical Technician I (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen SdDecember 11, 2014
Always stayed busy, love being a technician and having the pressure of keeping production flowing when something needed to be done and or fixed. I learned a lot about how a business works how important you can be to the company. most enjoyable part of the job was the people and management, it made it particularly easy to come to work and have a fast day.
Great company, the best I ever worked for, great people to work with.
Project Management - New Product Development (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2014
Opportunities galore, great training opportunities, diverse workforce and
Good place to work.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDApril 14, 2014
Supervisors are very considerate.
Great co-works.
Learned many skills.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 20, 2014
I work hard, in early stay late, I put in 100% every day all I want is to work hard for the company I work for .. I go into more detail on my resume
Pros
full benifets, profit sharing, time bank (can build up time for vactions, sick days what ever is needed)
Cons
An enjoyable place to work
Exhibit / Display Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 24, 2013
Banner Engineering hired me right out of High School with no experience. It has been a great company to work for and I have grown a lot since starting there 16 years ago. I have learned about photoelectric sensors, as well as how to create and build displays and trade show exhibits.
Pros
Flexible, friendly and good environment to work