Banner Health Employee Reviews

GOOD Company
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Good Company with pati.ent care at the fore front,
Workplace culture is fast paced and steady on a daily basis
Team work at all levels
Great benefits
Fun work place
NoUS Army Reserves Yellow Ribbon Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2017
Good company to work for. Government contractor job. Pay is ok. Benefits fees are not sustainable. They take more than half your pay for health insurance.
Nice Benefits
RN Triage Runner (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Was a great place to work with excellent management. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Fast paced but overall a relaxing feel. Felt appreciated by other employees, staff, and patients.
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 23, 2017
I was a bedside nurse at Banner and enjoyed not only the job but the people I worked with. Had a very good relationship with the physicians I worked with and was respected.
Banner
SENIOR PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2017
Banner is a good company to work for if you are not hired for Patient financial services. You are required to meet a "goal" of collections from patients. If this "goal" is not meet each month you are in corrective action that can lead to termination. To stressful to live with each and every month.
Bias work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
The management kept people down. Always some type of bad news coming from management. Racism, complaints, never good news. Poor communication, cry babies.
Pros
12 hours shift
Cons
no one cared
Horrible RN Senior Managers
Social work (Former Employee) –  East valleySeptember 22, 2017
Banner replaces one bad manager for another and high turnover continues. Banner leaders do not listen to direct providers and remain out of touch with staff needs.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor management
Can be good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Wish there was actual bonuses etc. Have only received one in the last 5 years. Healthcare is changing and you have to be prepared for the stress you will endure with little compensation.
Pros
Clean; semi-helpful management
Cons
Pay; lack of staff; high turn around
love Banner
Senior PFS Rep/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work, great benefits and great locations. Lots of room to grow and lots of jobs for all different types of education. Hardest part of the job is having a high turn over due to people always moving up
Family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 19, 2017
This is a hospital where you feel you are part of a family. For the most part the nursing staff and physicians work together to give quality care. Very good teaching hospital.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Compensation
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

Productive and Fun
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I loved working at Banner and if I had not moved across the country I would have stayed. All my supervisors were amazing and of course like every job in health care we are never paid enough, but the pay at Banner is fair in comparison to other places I have worked.
September 20, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

fun fast paced environment friendly people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 15, 2017
My experience at banner was fun, i got to meet a lot of new people learned a lot about how they operate and go about doing things their policies and rules. I learned how interact with different patients from various backgrounds and cultures ,patients likes,dislikes.hardest part of my job was working the computers.My most enjoyable part of my job is that I help a patient out and that made me feel good,typical day at work was rooming patients prepping the rooms taking vitals getting everything ready for the doctor.
Pros
great food
Cons
short lunches
September 16, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great!

Adapting in sterile assembly while having efficient work flow and productivity monitoring is a common trail I have the ability to do well.
Certified sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Good Samaritan Medical CenterSeptember 15, 2017
Having great communication skills with the entire staff and patients is essential.Operational compliance and a very high standard to detail is what I strive for.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short break
September 17, 2017

Fast-paced, driven, high stress.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Faster, faster, faster! Banner completes things at a hectic pace. Employees treated the same as contractors while earning 1/3 of their pay. No opportunity to work on new things or to research new ideas.
Pros
Compelling, never a lull.
Cons
Small appreciation for doing extra work.
September 17, 2017

At Banner Health we take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

we strive to give the best care to our patient
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 15, 2017
a typical work day for me is to give the patients the highest level of care and comfort i assist the nurse at bed side if needed I've learned a lot woking here at banner i work on the orthopedic unit
September 17, 2017

great work life balance and culture
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 15, 2017
Banner was a great place to work. They focused well on work/ life balance, and it was a excellent work balance. The Leaders were pleasant to work with.
Pros
great opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
September 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

education advancement
Endoscopy Nurse and Resource (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
I have a great manager who supports education advancement. The staff is friendly and management is very helpful and have good communication with staff.
September 16, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team!!

nice to work for a large healthcare company
HIMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85037September 14, 2017
Overall Banner is a great employer, however it is extremely difficult to get into a coding position. I had anticipated an easy transition once I got my certification
Pros
benefits, location
Cons
having a hard time getting a promotion
September 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing with us. Sorry to hear this. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com so that we can get you in touch with the appropriate person to address your concerns.

Staff is good, Management needs work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
New management for x-ray is lacking experience. Acts as everyone's friend instead of boss. Needs to work on staffing during busier times of the day. Staff is great to get along with.
September 16, 2017

It is very disappointing to hear this. We would like to address your concerns regarding the issues in your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com.

Promises
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZSeptember 13, 2017
They give a lot of false promises. They expect a lot out of there employees but they don't want to work with employees when emergency situations come up
Pros
discount in gift shop
Cons
hateful people
September 16, 2017

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.