Banner Health Employee Reviews

Work Day
PFS SR Rep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2016
My typical work day I am doing a morning report to let everyone know what patients still need to be completed for the next 5 days. I call insurances for authorizations and benefits. I check online for both befits and authorizations also. I call patients and verify all their information and collect any payments due at that time..
Pros
i have all websites phone numbers available to me to get my work completed in time.
Cons
not everyone works at the same level so that tends to slow others down.
Banner Was A Good Company To Work For
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Before government regulations and the ACA, Banner was a good company to work for, but that's no longer the case. I won't mention too many details, but there are numerous problems with the company and the way they operate. They got too big and with the poor management in most departments, it got too costly for the company to operate, so they eliminated numerous positions throughout the company. Employee seniority and experience didn't mean anything in the last round of staff reduction.

The company also doesn't recognize those who do good work.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Too many to mention, it's not a good company to for anymore.
Great
Scheduler/PFS Rep (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 16, 2016
Banner is very good to their employees and have excellent service towards their patients. Banner is a excellent company to work for I enjoy waking up in the morning to come to work every day. The management team is very great they have excellent leardship skills. I have learns how to schedule patients, check patients in and fill out paper work, scan paper work. The co-workers that i have met at banner are also excellent and welcoming to new employees
Staff is very supportive of one another
CASE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 6, 2016
Very relaxed work environment with supportive colleagues. Great work life balance, they understand that things come up! Management is very willing to help and not afraid to get involved. Team environment that is very willing to help each other out. Hardest part of the job is lack of natural light inside the building - but they encourage taking breaks outside.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
no natural light in work area
Good team members, fun to work with, good at helping each other.
RN (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZJuly 29, 2016
Usually busy, lots of learning modules, lots of computer charting. We generally worked short staffed, so helping each other was a necessity. Generally had good management, who have had to take on many roles due to staffing issues. Hardest part of the job was the computer charting, making sure to hit all the appropriate boxes. The most enjoyable part to the job was my patients. Being able to make them laugh, or smile to relieve their anxiety regarding pending procedures.
stable but management has some issues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2016
supervisors can be not entirely fair. pay and benefits are reasonable and coworkers are nice. You can learn a lot since they are very busy hospitals. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the influx of new supervisors constantly and having about three supervisors in charge all with different views. the best part of the job is the other people you work with and benefits.
Very nice place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work is cleaning patient rooms and areas of the hospital. I have learned how to disinfect and detail clean. The people I work with are very helpful and welcoming and I love my job just trying to get back in my career field and housekeeping is an excellent feet in the door. I have interaction with patients keeping my patient communication skills updated.
Banner Health
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2016
Banner Health is a wonderful place to work for. They continue to strive for excellence within their organization and towards outstanding customer service to their patients.

I am with Banner Staffing and I thoroughly enjoy the diverse job placements I am introduced to. I learn more about the ways that the Management is continually trying to better themselves and their employees by witnessing the changes they are making and the way the production is elevating.

Banner is hiring employees with the ability to show no only excellent management and leadership skills but also the ability to be compassionate and understanding towards situations not only with patients but also with their employees. That makes for coming to work a much more pleasant experience.
Pros
Team recongnitions and wonderful support.
Great company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
Banner is recognized as a leading health care organization. They have stayed true to their missions and values statement while growing to one of the largest companies in the United states. The employees help each other and I feel very supported. If the opportunity arouse for a job in my desired field I would be happy to stay within the organization.
Fast paced environment and very productive. Great people to work with and always learning new things.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 11, 2016
A typical work day is a 12 hour shift taking care of people that need assistance or temporary relief in breathing easier. I interact with staff/nurses/doctors/management daily regarding any possible change in treatment plans of the patient. I perform routine checks and treatments such as oxygen mixtures and chest physiotherapy on patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients improve after I have helped them and treated them accordingly.
Banner Health
RN Case Manager/ICU (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202August 29, 2016
Banner Health is an innovative, community leader who is now the number one employer in Arizona. Banner prides itself in seeking out an elite management team and hiring the best of the best. I felt apart of a prestigious medical community that held itself to standards above and beyond the norm.
I was led by an educated, experienced management team in both the Case Management department and the Intensive Care Unit. The highest quality of patient care was expected along with intelligent resource management.
I enjoyed the team environment and sense of pride of being apart of this prestigious community.
Pros
Environment of excellence, room for advancement, high standards, excellent cafeteria, flexible work schedule
Cons
Insurance not as generous as previous carrier, hourly rate of pay competitive but not as generous as previous employer
Managers are not professional.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
Many unrealistic job expectations. Managers need harassment training. Employment bait and switch tactics. You may be hired for one job, but once hired your job responsibilities are changed over time. They provide no training, no opportunity to move elsewhere in the organization. They systematically harass you and place you on corrective action. Then you are fired!
Outpatient Clinics
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  BMG Arizona WestJuly 12, 2016
As a manager there is not any work/life balance. A typical day is working all day, being in countless meetings and then working at night to keep up with emails. I learned that I can manage large groups of physicians and staff and that life is too short to give all of your time to a company who does not appreciate your efforts. Most of my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was not having any executive leadership support. Lack of accountability at this level and constant re-organization of the division which affected peoples careers. Always pointing fingers at the people who were working the hardest. No fairness when doing this. Certain people got better severance than others. Some of the staff and the patients was the best part of the job.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of work/life balance and bad executive leadership
Better management training
Help Desk Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2016
Management should be better trained in working with diverse groups of employees. When changing job responsibilities and duties it is not wise to totally change what a person was hired for and try to force them to do something else without training, documentation, etc.
Pros
Employee discount at cafeteria.
Cons
Too many cliches.
Patient Care
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2016
Typical day at work is taking care of patients and making sure they have everything they need.
Learned a lot working in the medical field every month there was some kind of training for us attend to so we can benefit our patients
I became an CPR Instructor while working at Banner Health
Co-workers where fun to work with
Not enough staff to patient census
Being able to help the patient and see them walk out of the hospital.
Pros
Work 3/12's
Cons
Not enough staff
Stepping Stone
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2016
Careers in my line of work are not promising right now at Banner Health. Be wary of undercompensation, no opportunity for advancement, and management's inability to delegate tasks properly.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Unless you know someone, good luck trying to advance or make a respectable salary
working at banner
Mesa, Az - Benefits Admin (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2016
At this job you are expected to do everything with no support or basic documents that you need. It is a very click related positions. there is a lot of favoritism with in the upper management. They would rather watch you fail then give you the ability to do your job correctly.
Cons
All management
Banner Health Is A Great Company
Emergency and Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2016
I worked at 4 locations during my 8 years with Banner Health. All were excellent places to work.I enjoyed being able to work with professional and dedicated staff members who truly cared about their clients.
Pros
Working with professional staff
Cons
Always busy and not always able to take a break
educational
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 31, 2016
I have a great experience gaining new skills and experience learning more about health care for my future. I enjoy being able to work with people of many different cultures as it prepares me for every day life and how differently different cultures communicate
Friendly service.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2016
Loved working at the gift shop and making people smile. Everytime I went in to work I enjoyed helping people find what they were looking for and I loved seeing the satisfaction of the customers once they bought something and left but always returned.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Volunteer oppoertunity ended