Banner Health

Banner Health Employee Reviews

Great Organization and I learned a lot about large corporations.
Sr. Director of Nursing Peri Operative Services (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Cafeteria
Cons: Drive was a little bit long
Very good organization that delivers excellent patient care. Typical workday was 10 hours. Strong management team. Coworkers were collaborative and worked well together. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the continuing changes but in the current market this is the new norm. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team,.
Great company and benefits. but not so good pay
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Sun City West, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay not as you expect it to be
Banner is a great place to get your foot in the door when it comes to the medical field. it took me 5 years to get in and i was really excited to finally get the opportunity to start. when i started working in patient financial i was a bit overwhealmed at the fact that this big company did not have an efficient way of getting patients admitted. i feel like they lacked proper communication and lack of tools to get new hires trained properly to understand the job, for example: i was always asked to look at my notes to understand what to do but it was so many papers i had to go through to find an answer or if i had to look on my computer i constatly had to open so many files just to find anything. point is they were always behind on worked days because they dont have an efficient way that will help the employees and the patient checked in faster. and the reason i had to leave was because my pay was dropped too much for me to be able to pay all my bills on time, i was struggling financially. i really thought banner was a good paying company but i guess it depends were you get hired, overall this company has great benefits, it just need to come up with a way to help the employees in the financial side to get patients insurance benefits obtained and auths.
Every day is something different
Communications Rep (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 25, 2015
Pros: pay was okay
Cons: no breaks only 30 min lunch
Route calls to other departments, Do On-Call requests for Doctors and other staff.
Easy part was transferring calls to patient rooms

the hard part was answering the code line for patients
A very high pace place to work
RN-Emergency Dept (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2015
A very high pace place to work, where an accuracy of care was the most important factor.
A productive and pleasant place to work.
Helping atmosphere for the people needing referrals or speak to doctors
Customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2015
Processing calls for the different Banner Hospitals in the Phoenix valley. I learned to do class rosters for the classes for child birth etc. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone that needed our help.
Lead Encapsulation Technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 15, 2015
Day consisted of quality control, soft gel manufacturing, collaborating with coworkers for daily job duties.Remainder consisted of updating supervisor.
Very Busy, ALWAYS!
RN (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZMay 15, 2015
Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 14, 2015
Was able to learn food preparations of patients with special diet orders, also provide excellent customer service, manager Teresa was very helpful with communication to employees about patient concerns.
Good job
Project Manager (Former Employee), Olds, IAMay 13, 2015
It was an excellent learning opportunity. Management was very helpful and co-workers very friendly. The most enjoyable part of my Job was the location.
Excellent company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 11, 2015
Banner Health is a patient driven company with a strong support structure for their employees. Great benefits for full-time employees.
A good place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good team work & help with ORA"s with the rooms.
Cons: To many total joint cases done in one day blocks
Typical day would be a room assignment or a block with one surgeon. You could scrub 4-8 cases depending on the kind of cases scrubbed. I learned to scrub all kinds of cases. Good team work, & good coworkers. . The most enjoyable was some of the nurses were great to work with & very good ORA workers there to help clean & set up the rooms.
Pediatric Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 5, 2015
Pros: Working with great doctors, co-workers and patients
Cons: giving Injections becasue it would make the kids cry
Fast pace working environment. Worked well with co-workers. Assistant physician with Exams and procedures. Administration of medication and immunizations. Charting in EMR and WebIZ. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my patients.
Banner Greeley
RN, Ortho/Neuro/Surgical (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 5, 2015
NCMC was an excellent place to work. When we moved out of state, I was sad to leave my job there. I had worked on the ortho/surgical/neuro floor and the transitional care unit. Both were excellent places to be.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: nursing is nursing
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is a great place to work. Autonomy as a professional with close, comfortable communication with physicians. A fun place to work for your whole career.
Average place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: An environment where you can help others.
Cons: Best staff are moving on to other health care companies
Worked at Behavioral health Scottsdale fort several years. Some very dedicated nurses and doctors. The last few years the better doctors, nurses and support staff have moved on. The worst doctors have been embraced, and with so much new staff the hospital is in disawray.
banner
Environmental service worker (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 28, 2015
Its a great place to work and grow. you greet new people. I meet a lot of people at the hospital. i enjoyed working. i was a house keeper, and learned how to work with people that speak different personalities. the hardest part was the management.
Long time employee of environmental services
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2015
Pros: Pride in a job well done, complimented frequetly by staff working in my assigned areas
Cons: work load was very high for idividual in this area.
I was an employee of Good Samaritan for several years, my job duties changed considerably over the years. We had three full time housekeepers in the imaging department when I started over the years there were less people and more duties added. The last assignment I had was to clean up to 6 patient rooms and then the majority of the medical imaging department 5 evenings a week.
I met alot of nice people working on the floors and in the imaging departments and made lasting friendships, which is what I miss most working here. I was a hard worker rarely taking breaks and tried to make sure all areas that the patients saw on a daily basis were as clean as I could make them. When patients waiting for tests or to go back to their rooms, if they needed assistance I would help them if I could, or get the proper staff for assistance.
Banner is a excellent place to work and learn
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to develop patient skills
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Banner offers an excellent environment to learn and develop your patient care skills. The staff offers a friendly environment while allowing the ease and ability to utilize resources.
It is what it is.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Right here.April 12, 2015
It's not bad, but it could be better. Frustrating workplace but decent benefits. Some flexibility with hours. No room for advancement.
Loved the people I worked with.
Clinical Manager & Staff nurse (Former Employee), Mesa,AZApril 7, 2015
Management is lagging behind with all tasks. Test I took in November I scored 80%, was not told until March that I failed, needed a 85%.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Salaries