Banner Health

Banner Health Employer Reviews

A well structured organization.
Nuclear Medicine Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2015
Banner Health is an amazing organization which spans several States. The organization is solid in its patient care and direction into the ever changing future of health care. A pleasure to work for.
Work History
Information Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Supportive culture
Cons: To many roles for one person to complete
In my 36 plus years at Banner Good Samaritan/Banner University Medical Center, I was able to do many different functions, and learn multiple different computer applications. I would often become the expert of new applications and then proceed to train new end users.

I worked with a very hardworking team, however in the end my job duties were those of more than one person and my employment was terminated because I could not keep up.
BannerStaffer
Scheduler (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility to be with my family
Cons: you are treated as a "temp" by actual clinics and facilities.
I am currently only a per diem Banner Staffer, I have only been with them for about 6 months. The Office I deal with is the Banner Staffing office and they are all great. Very Professional, nice and easy to communicate with. I scored the benefits and job security low, because as a staffer you are not entitled to benefits and there is no real job security. You are only per diem and some days you work and some days you do not.
Fast-paced workplace while engaging with new employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2015
Pros: scheduling own appointments for employees
Cons: some appointments don't show up
Sending/Receiving emails

Scheduleing employees for oriention, drug screen and training

Sending background checks and creating I-9 records

Learned how to be more efficient and proactive

Management was great

Co-workers were supportive

Hardest part of the job was having to tell people they weren't able to work due to background check results

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how some of the new employees were so excited to being a new job
BEMC
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Wonderful place to work! BEMC is a very supportative environment and I have enjoyed every part of being employed at banner Health hospital.
more to learn about
Good Customer Service and communication (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I really find my self in this field (medical assistance) and I am trying my best to give the best of my experience and to fill up my position as I'm hoping to be one of the first candidates to be called when they have job opening
Banner Health is strong in this type of field, and growing.
Sr Distribution Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: while lunch is not free, our breaks are.
Cons: covering other work loads when one is out.
The work load is various, we work as a team which is learned, it is hard when someone is not on the same page, and I enjoy my work while making a difference.
Great people, great teamwork to care for patients.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: potlucks, great management
Every day was different. When working in a level one trauma center there is never a routine day. My job was to Transport patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper infection control procedures.
Remain alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
Provide distribution services of requested items between various departments such as blood products, lab specimens, and medical equipment.
Respond to all job calls in a timely manner.
Utilizes computer system to track and update requests. Communicate status updates and location information as required to help facilitate work flow.
Collect, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
Respond to all “Code Blue”, “Rapid Response”, and “Trauma A” calls to assist in Basic Life Support as ordered by healthcare provider.
Receives and prioritizes a high volume of requests, dispatches staff in an efficient and timely manner as needed based on departmental guidelines and procedures.
Utilizes problem solving skills and shows initiative to ensure that service goals are met.
Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
Assists in dispatching duties for varied shifts as needed in relation to patient care needs as well as materials management needs for staff.
Learned how to care for patient who couldn't care for themselves.
Management was amazing.
Hardest part of my job was watching people die and not being able to do nothing about it.
Most enjoyable part was doing CPR and watching someone come back to life, being appreciated by patients family for caring for there loved one.
Great first experience
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Very busy critical job. Great benefits and support for returning to school. Team effort is apparent and necessary because of the high patient volumes. Management is developing and certain units have high turnover, but overall a good place to work.
I work there to make a difference in peoples lives. I believe that the customers service should be #1.
PFS Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: the ability to transfer within the banner system.
Cons: no cons at this time
Timecards, scheduling pto, work distribution. I've learned that customer service is key in this industry. Management is fair and keeps the associates in the loop. My co-worker are professional, the hardest part of the job is scheduling meetings due to the work schedules. What I enjoy the most is seeing the results thoughout the day when clients are getting the help they need and building these relationships so that the clients will have a great experience, which in turn will help them to remember their experience and refer family and friends.
Great co-workers and learning atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee), San Tan Valley, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Gained strong skills in circulating, scrubbing and assisting. Great patient care centered atmosphere. Direct management very supportive and involved with all aspects of care.
i always had positive reviews.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Windsor, COFebruary 6, 2015
I was primarily a scheduler with Banner. I scheduled for patient appointments and taking phone calls for or transferring calls to the MA's.I had great co-workers to work with.
Productive and good work place
health unit secretary (Current Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 6, 2015
answer phone, call consults, do clerical work for the entire unit, troubleshoot fax machine and computer, microsoft applications, and electronic medical charting
Great Place to Work
Night Charge Nurse/Operating Room (Current Employee), PhoenixFebruary 5, 2015
Great Place to Work, nurses are valued and appreciated. Challenging cases and great educational environment. I cannot say enough good things about this healthcare system.
Banner used to be a great place to work.
Radiology Senior Technologist (Current Employee), LovelandFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: work through lunches, insurance rates go up every year.
However with optimizations and new management. Many details get overlooked. Employees are fed up and not very positive to work around.
It is a hospital JOB
(Registered Nurse) Telemetry RN (Current Employee), ArizonaJanuary 30, 2015
I worked for BSS. The pay is really good. Only require 4 day/ month commitment. I took a out patient contract and it is really nice and flexible.
Banner Good Samaritan
PFS Representative (Former Employee), Banner HealthJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers, patients
Cons: scheduling, policies constantly changing, expectations
I enjoyed working for Banner Health. I found the PFS hours to be flexible but the policies were constantly changing and hard to keep up with new goals.
Wonderful place to gain invaluable experience
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits, department managers are understanding and compassionate
Cons: pay is not the best around.
The best and worst parts of working here are the patient loads. Due to the migratory population, census is lower in the summer (perfect for taking time off and not feeling guilty), but raises substantially in the winter. This translates to shifts that run you hard from the time you walk in the door to the time you finally clock out. You will gain an immeasurable amount of experience here, and will make memories and lifelong friends with your coworkers, but the incredible patient load also means that it can be easy to burnout here as well. You must make sure that you know when to say no, and how to adequately balance your personal life with your work life.
Loved the one on one experience with patients. Employees were helpful and encouraging.
Mesa, AZ (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working at a hospital gaining acute care experience.
Cons: the pro out weighed any possible cons making them unnoticable.
Typical day at work was providing the highest quality of care to 16 patients along side with the RN's. I learned that acute care is meant for me and I can handle anything that comes my way in a timely manner while still providing safe and comfortable care. The management were very helpful and always had their doors open when needed. The hardest part of the job was learning to become a night owl! That was over come in the first week of working. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving every day knowing I helped those who were in need of help.
great opportunity to learn more skills for future employment
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great oppptunity to experience various employers job types
Cons: no full time employment
Contract to hire jobs with Ajilon Accounting Principal, Professional Staffing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Photos