Banner Health

Banner Health Employer Reviews

great opportunity to learn more skills for future employment
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great oppptunity to experience various employers job types
Cons: no full time employment
Contract to hire jobs with Ajilon Accounting Principal, Professional Staffing.
Terrible company
currently employed (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2015
This company breeds very low moral. There is way too much micromanaging of which their biggest job seems to be pitting employee against employee at any cost. Most of the managers, regardless of the department only has one agenda, the bottom line. Continuous politics and very little training, direction or help by management. Good patient care is not a priority for managers, just employees that try so hard when they can get past all the politics. This is a very hostile environment that cares more about money than the patients that come through their doors.
Great company to work for with plenty of opportunity for change/advancement.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, ArizonaJanuary 20, 2015
Friendly atmosphere. Daily attempts to complete all assigned tasks to the best of your ability can leave you feeling exhausted but worth the results when you realize you've given patients opportunities or avenues that they never realized existed. Hardest part of the job (as case manager currently) is volume of work but the most enjoyable part is working with a great team.

Overall, great place of employment, growing company with many areas to explore should job growth/change be desired.
analytical,compassion
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 17, 2015
preforming multi task,working as a team,,being professional
Excellent Culture
Intern (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: no positions available at this time
Worked in PR strategies with internal and external stakeholders. I also engaged in technical writing for the company website. I worked in a team environment to meet deadlines in an accurate manner.
Great workplace and learning enviroment
Patient care assist (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: job security, team work, fairness, enjoyed working here
Cons: tuition reimbursement, only 36 hour work weeks
Banner Health is a great company to work for. It was a great take off for my career, great learning environment, awesome benefits, team work, fairness, job security. The most enjoyable part of being a CNA is caring for/helping people every day. There is nothing more rewarding than that.
Fast Pace Workplace
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: coworkers & your patients, experience gained
Cons: management, salary
Your day always starts with smiles and a good morning from your coworkers. We all do three twelves so you become very close to those you are with your three day work week. You are busy from the start of your shift to the very end. Some days can be a little overwhelming with work, but so rewarding when you get to meet and learn about your patients. Management does not communicate very well, I would not say they are very helpful when we feel very overwhelemed, but as a personal friendship or to have talk to they are very good people at heart, they just need more traning to a new team to work with.
RN ER
RN (Current Employee), EstrellaDecember 31, 2014
Worked at Estrella ER. Top mgt is cold and arrogant to the employees. The CEO walks into one of your rooms, doesn't acknowledge you at all, and talks to the patient IN FRONT OF YOU about your work with them and their experience. THEN she'll arrogantly walk past as you're trying to get someone stabilized and say "That pt wants a blanket". No respect for the employees at all.This attitude is then carried down through the ranks since Deb K, the CEO, does not want anyone but "yes" men or women. The ER has huge turnover and there is no concern for that fact. No outgoing interview at all from HR. Interesting that Banner advertises how wonderful they are to the employees but can't keep staff. Banner Estrella is well known in the local nursing population as a low-paying, depressing place to work if you have any experience at all. Presently they are hiring new grads since experienced ER nurses don't want to work there.
Great management
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 30, 2014
Banner provides extensive education for job positions and beyond in order to further careers in the medical field.
Very busy, growing company - with exciting changes in talent acquisition.
Sourcing Strategist Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaDecember 30, 2014
Main types of activities:

Resume mining
Phone interviews
Head hunting passive candidates strategically
Meetings with RN Directors and Recruiter on updates & recruitment plan
Thinking outside the box for new and innovative ideas for attracting talent for our positions
Great place to work at. Everyone is very nice and helpful.
RRT (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2014
I love working for Banner. The people at Banner make it such a great and safe environment to work at.
A great place to work
Senior Data Center Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2014
I can't speak for other departments in this company, but the experience I have with my current department/management is mixed.

A typical day includes server installs/de-installs, equipment monitoring through GUIs, placing service calls, and multiple tasks as needed.

I have learned a tremendous amount about networks, data center infrastructure, and multiple platforms I work with everyday.

The management can often micro-manage the team, often hindering the ability to accomplish tasks. This includes the off-site monitoring of employees through security cameras when completely unwarranted, and commenting through meetings, phone or email what they've observed. This adds unnecessary pressure to an already stressful job, not to mention a feeling of being violated. They do, however, think of us during holidays with a Christmas party and a summer barbeque each year.

My coworkers are fantastic. We get along great and work well as a team.

The hardest part of the job is often the schedule. Being a 24/7 manned operation, there will be 3rd shift pay (with shift differential), but also uncompensated evening shifts and weekends. These hours are completed understandable due to the nature of the business. However, management is slow in regards to rotating the schedule. A person might get stuck working awkward hours for as long as a year before receiving a new schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of tasks which need to be completed. The steady pace of projects and assignments makes the day pass quickly.
independently working very satistifying.
Picc RN/Tele/Med/Surg (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 18, 2014
Pros: gradifications of aiding patients get better
Cons: wished that they would of told us they were down sizeing
Typical day we would have 3 to 4 PICC orders to do per person and also iv start calls all through the day. I learned to the art of inserting picc lines and proficient use of the ultrasound for iv starts as well Picc lines. The management was always changing. They were trying to get a permanent charge nurse. Co- workers worked individually and also were there to help with difficult starts, or just to call for a reference on a case or a questionable placement on a x-ray. Leaving this position, was the hardest. I loved the gratification it gave me knowing I was with the patient aiding in the future progress to good health. The unit was being downsized, people getting moved around or sometimes out of this unit
Cohesive teamwork with a fantastic manager
HOSPICE RN (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 18, 2014
I looked forward to going to work. The in patient unit was fast paced with new challenges daily. My co-workers all knew their roles and we functioned as a well oiled machine. We were a work family, we laughed together and cried together and truly cared about each other The hardest part of the job was seeing the grief that family members felt when their loved ones past. I believe I made a difference in their lives every single day. A kind word or gesture, listening to them tell their stories and occasionally sharing my own. I give kudos to all my coworkers who gave 100% all of the time despite their own trials and tribulations. It was a great place to work.
Operational side of the Dialysis was enjoyable
Acute HemoDialysis RN (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 14, 2014
Pros: employees, daily operations in management, running multiple departments in different facilities
Cons: reporting structure
Overseen multiple sites, yearly budgeting, policy and procedures, worked on system team, etc........pay was subpar for the Job.
Employees are great, very helpful....
......
Nutrition Representative (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 14, 2014
No raises given to per diem employees
They will schedule you 7-9 days in a row with out over time due to how the schedule falls
Good job working from home.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: being able to work from home.
Cons: job outsourced.
Worked remotely from home with a team of four others which allowed me to take care of ailing husband who passed away 6 years ago. I had compassionate coworkers and supervisors throughout my years with Banner. My team of coworkers was reliable and supportive of each other.
Great team leads and supportive co-workers!
Labor and Delivery, RN (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great education and teamwork on the floors
Cons: benefits are a bit expensive.
Banner is a great place to work for. Having worked at two different hospitals I can attest to the great teamwork that I have found on the floor. My co-workers have always been very helpful and the team leads are very supportive as well. Banner also has an excellent education team that strives to ensure you know what you need when working in specialized areas.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
I have gained a perspective of a large medical corporation by working for Banner Staffing Services. At Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, I have gained more pediatric and post surgical experience. I feel that working for Banner was a healthy choice for me and my family.
Nice co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Mesa, AVDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: lack of communication among management
I really enjoy the people I work with and I think that Banner tries hard to teach us to communicate with respect and compassion.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Photos