Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Care
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2016
Typical day at work is taking care of patients and making sure they have everything they need.
Learned a lot working in the medical field every month there was some kind of training for us attend to so we can benefit our patients
I became an CPR Instructor while working at Banner Health
Co-workers where fun to work with
Not enough staff to patient census
Being able to help the patient and see them walk out of the hospital.
Pros
Work 3/12's
Cons
Not enough staff
Banner Health- is a good place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
The work I do keeps you busy
I have learned so much about nutrition and the medical field and more respect for all in the same field. The management is good, like us they are always learning something new and are wiling to share the information so we are all on the same page. The hardest part would be entering in Tube feedings correctly. It takes more than basic math skills and there is literally no room for mistake. Also that there is a lot of co-workers that like to goof off and not help others out. The people I have met , they make this place enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Good benefits.. Room for advancement..Room to learn more and grow
Cons
Very far to travel but the benefits are worth it
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
Interesting and fast paced work environment
Patient Care Assistant/Health Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 25, 2016
I was fortunate enough to work with great people that took an interest in my education and development. I learned a great deal about patient care in an acute care setting.
The management was scattered and disorganized and operated in a reactionary way instead of proactively in most cases.
It was difficult to function due to the lack of proper and functioning equipment.
The most difficult part of my job was dealing with my desire to give my best and do my job to the best of my ability while tracking down and fixing broken or minimal equipment and supplies.
Transition Process Challenging
FAC Desktop Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2016
After Banner Health took over UAHN in Tuscon it has been over a year of very difficult transition that will take easily another year to complete.
Banner in Phoenix is run under specific standards that don't seem to work in Tucson.
Pros
Big Company with lots of resources
Cons
Everyone has a massive work load that prevents timely response to internal users needs.
You'll need a bus pass working at Banner...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 10, 2016
As often as they through you under the bus you'll need a bus pass working at Banner.
The word they like to use is "Optimization".
Overload the employees until they can't keep up, then write them up until they can justify their other favorite word, "Term'd".
I've seen a lot of long term employees get run off because they didn't fit the "Vision" of management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hypocrisy
Please see below
PFS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Certainly DO NOT look forward to going to work; NEVER had an employer who caused so many sleepless nights and ruined week-ends; MANY employees UNHAPPY with Banner work culture, but do not speak up because of retaliatory tactics, which, of course, are denied.
Pros
Benefits, but NOT salary
Cons
Demoralizing work environment/culture, i.e., questionable mgmt
Banner Health
Assist staff (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
Banner health is one of those places that improves people and their life, literally. Being a security officer at Banner Health, you have an opportunity to improve yourself within the organization. Furthermore, the pay was great. Hardest part of the job was communicating with individuals who were upset. However, your training through Banner will help you.
Busy, fast-paced environment with great people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Managing incoming messages in task box, voicemails, walk in patients as well as scheduled patients. Rooming, taking vitals, EKG's, administering injections and documenting. Handling patient concerns and questions. Overall very busy days but wondering physicians and co-workers to collaborate and be a team with.
Productive and Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 18, 2016
Professional, experienced, and diligent financial, management, and project expert. Proactive ability to exercise a common-sense financial approach while utilizing creative problem-solving techniques. Dedicated, diligent, and responsible employee that can formulate appropriate strategies while helping to meet organizational goals.
Banner Health gave the opportunity to meet and assit many wonderful people and provided a great team atmosphere.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 26, 2016
Greeting the customer/patients and helping them feel like all their concerns would be taken care of was the beginning. . . lots of smiles and assurances. The hardest part of the job was being focused on the patient and at the same time, being focused on all the electronic demands , coming from the insurance companies, management and other departments within the system.
Pros
weekends off, free lunches now and then, clean\pleasant environment
Cons
constantly changing expectations
12 hour shifts and you choose the days you work
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
The 12 hour shifts and the fact that you can submit your preference every month for the schedule you prefer is the reason people choose Banner...A full time position is 36 hours You get a lot of time off and the pay is very good. I am moving so I reluctantly will have to start looking again
learn alot
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2016
working with banner was a place that you could better you self.you would have a chance to grow in the company.i learn how to get along with people .and work with each other .the hard part is cleaning the rooms where there was a lot of blood and parts of bodes .but it was very good place to work in.
Pros
we had breaks
Cons
we had good benefits
Banner Health in General is a great company
Maricopa/ Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 1, 2016
In my time with Banner Health, it has been rewarding and fulfilling, however with its reorganization, losing its CEO and CFO and some top notch management it has caused employees to be disengaged and looking for new employment
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
New Management, does not care about employees
Banner Desert
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 1, 2016
Staff and management truly care about patient live and health. Three day work weeks are great but the trade off is a day that is almost 13 hours long. The hardest part of the job is not feeling as though there is enough time to take care of patients, complete tasks and chart.
Pros
willingness to help others
Cons
Short brakes, need more staff
Horrible place to work, stay away from banner
EVS Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2016
I worked at this hospital and it is the worst place I have ever worked. The management is inexperienced and ridiculous, they don't know what they are doing, the company does not value there employees and the pay is an insult and a joke. Banners staffing agency is one of the biggest reason they are a joke, because of the agency they don't care about the permanent employees you are just a number and you can and will be replaced. You will only be valued if you are a doctor or nurse everyone else is insignificant. NO opportunity for advancement if you value yourself STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A HOSPITAL AND EMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT, ADVANCEMENT
enjoy my work, love the nurses.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2016
I am in charge of cleaning and keeping every thing stocked. I've learned many things there like time management. The management at this Banner is very poor, because they don't give me enough help, and not enough supplies. All of my co-workers are very nice. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep my floor up to standards all by myself. My most enjoyable part of work would be the patients, nurses, and family members.
Pros
pay
Cons
NO breaks, dont get to eat lunch, do the floor by myself
I enjoyed my 13 years with ESD.
BAI Finance Manager/Grants Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Like every place nothing is perfect, but the 13 years I spent with ESD I learned a lot gained in my own strengths. When I first started I had a Fiscal Officer that encouraged me to take on what ever I felt I could succeed in; this prompted me to get into grant management. This is what I have been doing exclusively for the past 15 years.
variable workplace as travel rn
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 6, 2016
has motivated and professional staff that work in several high stress and busy Emergency Departments. critical care of patients across all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is leaving your coworkers behind and move on to a new assignment.
Company doesn't care about it's employees
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
Banner is all about the bottom line. For a not-for-profit company, they are more concerned about conquering the health care industry than about patient and employee experiences.
Pros
Cons
No recognition for a job well done. No loyalty to long-term employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.