Banner Health Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CoAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Excellent growth opportunities
I would not be looking outside of Banner Health if I was not relocating. The opportunities for job growth are amazing. I have worked my way from patient registrar to medical staff coordinator in my nine years with Banner.
challenging day full of opportunity
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 30, 2015
Pros: spacious office and enjoyable lunch break with similarly staffed individuals
Cons: end of day requirements in high demand with limited office space available
Daily requirements of the job vary based on consult driven list of patients, office specific needs and other clinical related requirements.
Enjoyable staff to work with on day to day basis helps with the demands of this modern facility staff.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Avondale, AZAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Good work environment.
Cons: Can't think of any.
BEMC, is a great place to work. The hospital and staff pride themselves on excellent patient care. The work environment allows the nurse good communication among all disciplines.
Great people to work with.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: caring staff members
Cons: managerial red tape to be expected
Felt a lot of support from fellow employees. Was a pleasure to work with some genuinely caring people. Unit managers were not available enough to help with staff member needs.
Productive and learning experience.
PFS ER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: I am a people person.
Cons: Sometimes no lunches.
Fun to work with. Great preceptor trainee. Worked well with others.Customer service oriented. Leadership role to my fellow co- workers. Always received merit pay raises.
Great Place to work, but depends on the department you work in.
Patient Relations Sys Coord (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
When I started working there I was making 1/3 of what I was making in MA, and I expected that because I just wanted to get my foot in the door. within 1 year I had climbed up 2 positions and was making double of what I initially started out with, so climbing up is easy. They have 2 sets of people that work there; people that treat the lower staff wonderful, because they realize that if it wasn't for their help, they wouldn't be where they are, and then there are the butt-holes, who trample the weak to get to the top and then step on everyone and don't even bother cleaning the poo off their shoes. Luckily everywhere I went I was working for THE BEST people. I started out in Medical Imaging at Good Samaritan, then I went to Government Relations at Corporate, and then lastly Risk Management at Corporate. All three supervisors were just the best, and I know there are tons more of them over there. Just have to get the right people
Very Productive, excellent patient care, fun staff
Registration Representative (Former Employee), Registration RepresentativeAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Turn around in management
Cons: Excellent patient care and phenominal physicans to work with
I was first contact for all patient and visitors and made amazing relationships with our patients, when I was not there for any reason they would ask for me. I learned the new computer system and was made the trainer for all new employees. My typical day was checking patients in and out, collecting copays/deductibles, verification of insurance benefits for all patients for 5 providers, answered all phone calls, data entry, scheduled surgeries and appointments. It was an extremely busy practice and at times was challenging but I always got the work done on time and accurately. Management was a huge turn around, the 4 years of working at this office we had 5 new and different managers which made it difficult at times but we got through it. I loved seeing the same patients having a lot of fun and making great friends with them.
Great place to work with several locations around the valley for easy commuting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Annual rewards, free food for holidays.
Cons: Short breaks
A day at my job included report,setting up my equipment and supplies for the day, customer service, phones,computer charting,patient care loads of conversation with physicians,nurses and other personal and families. Had great co-workers and management. Always there to listen and lend a helping hand. On the job, like any job, you learn about yourself, and how you can manage your time to get the job done, and cope with the people all around you. The hardest part is saying goodbye to people you become close to, but enjoy getting to know all the wonderful people you come across at your work place.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping spanish speaking patients
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, azAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great Managers
Cons: Covering other Departments
Great Place to work, it wasn't very professional to get to work and be sent to cover at another department, I wish I would have been notified prior to getting to work.
genreal nuclear medine department with full range of procedures including, but not limited to HIDA scans to Thyroid Therapies and even DAT sacns
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Amazing enviornemt to work in, Personal and co-workers cared about each other, Obtained a lot of experience in a mutli faceted facility
Cons: job position was eliminated due to poor volumes
Worked in a two camera facility with fluctuating volumes performing Nuclear protocols ranging from cardiac to thyroid to newer protocols like nuclear DATscans. Engaged in countless nuclear medicine procedures from start to finish and proficient in Xeleris processing; Duties included, but not limited to, opening/closing QC measures, radiation safety, dose checking and disposal and most importantly excelling in patient-focused care and safety
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: GOOD MANAGEMENT
Cons: NONE
nice place to work for. Managers and staff work together well.Management worked well with u on your life issue outside of the job. Management and staff took pride of keeping the hospital clean and safe.
Great coworkers.
Staff RN (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
People are always happy and willing to help each other. Coworkers are great. It's always busy but it helps the day fly by.
Monitor Station is awesome. Includes kitchenette
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Kitchette in monitor room
Cons: Low pay/ No weekend/preceptor pay
Come in, receive patient report from previous shift. Measure and print EKG strips for nursing. Answer/address any alarms. Report any changes in EKG. Call staff about missing leads, battery status, whereabouts of patient at all times. Maintain recordings of EKG during shift. Prepare report sheets for oncoming shift. Clean work area.
Amazing place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 11, 2015
I know that it is strange to love your job, but I really LOVED MY JOB. I worked with the most amazing people, and can only hope to find another job that is just as amazing.
it's a job
Medical Systems Engineer (Current Employee), east valley phoenix azAugust 10, 2015
Pros: nice cafeteria at desert locatio
Cons: poor management
Banner's motto is "people above all", their action do not support their motto. They don't pay to industry standard in my field. The PTO schedule is weak. They fail to recognize talent.
Great work environment and hard working peers.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Recognizing hard working employees
Cons: None at this time.
For the most part the floor I work for (post-op med-surge) is busy. I learned how to timely manage my job duties and prioritize patient care. My co-workers are very helpful and work as a team. The hardest part of my job is not getting too attached to my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm helping someone when they're most vulnerable.
• Conducted patient registration and obtained financial reimbursement in the E.R and Outpatient facilities.
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Employees are irritable due to long hours
• Collected patient demographics and patients financial responsibilities over the phone.
• Reviewed account information to maximize collection efforts and expedite insurance reimbursement.
it was ok but to much gossiping between employees
evs (Former Employee), phoenix azAugust 6, 2015
it was a good place to but the gossiping ruined it, i liked the hours and my supervise. good politics and decent place to work for.
RN- Nursing
RN/Charge RN/Case Management (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Magnet Status, Pay, Benefits, Family Oriented Culture
Cons: Level 1 Trauma Work much OT
Banner Heath Care/Hospitals were the best years of my life. Loved working for them. Maintained a MAGNET STATUS RATING while working for them. Highest rated healthcare system I have personally ever worked for as a nurse.
good company
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2015
It is reliable employment as they are so large but very very stingy with salaries and education. Good patient care, very committed to remote work.
Employees