Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
Banner is recognized as a leading health care organization. They have stayed true to their missions and values statement while growing to one of the largest companies in the United states. The employees help each other and I feel very supported. If the opportunity arouse for a job in my desired field I would be happy to stay within the organization.
working at banner
Mesa, Az - Benefits Admin (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2016
At this job you are expected to do everything with no support or basic documents that you need. It is a very click related positions. there is a lot of favoritism with in the upper management. They would rather watch you fail then give you the ability to do your job correctly.
Cons
All management
Very nice place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work is cleaning patient rooms and areas of the hospital. I have learned how to disinfect and detail clean. The people I work with are very helpful and welcoming and I love my job just trying to get back in my career field and housekeeping is an excellent feet in the door. I have interaction with patients keeping my patient communication skills updated.
too stressful
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2016
they want you to do the work of two people. was a very stressful place to work. too much work to do and not enough time or support.
Pros
nice office
Cons
micro managing
Great coworkers and management
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 16, 2016
Loved working in the positive uplifting environment. work around your schedule as needed. Coworkers are very helpful and always willing to help you learn.
Busy/productive business
Go live Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2016
An enjoyable place to work, meet new people who have a positive outlook on learning new processes. Pleasant work environment.. Management was friendly with positive attitude, Training is fun and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement
Cons
Traveling involved
Very good place to work. Banner has one of the best training program.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
Doctor are very nice. The doctors take their time to train you on varies things it the office. Management is very nice and very understanding. This is my very first job and I enjoy working here.
Outpatient Clinics
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  BMG Arizona WestJuly 12, 2016
As a manager there is not any work/life balance. A typical day is working all day, being in countless meetings and then working at night to keep up with emails. I learned that I can manage large groups of physicians and staff and that life is too short to give all of your time to a company who does not appreciate your efforts. Most of my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was not having any executive leadership support. Lack of accountability at this level and constant re-organization of the division which affected peoples careers. Always pointing fingers at the people who were working the hardest. No fairness when doing this. Certain people got better severance than others. Some of the staff and the patients was the best part of the job.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of work/life balance and bad executive leadership
Specialized breast center
Staff Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
This breast center is focused on women's health and concerns. Technologists are up-to-date with the latest trends in detection and treatment. Dedicated Radiologists help provide confidence.
Hospital well managed, well coordinated
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2016
As an intern, you do not have a lot of influence in the hospital environment. However, quality service and care of patients is Banner's chief goal, and they achieve that goal every day.
Friendly service.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2016
Loved working at the gift shop and making people smile. Everytime I went in to work I enjoyed helping people find what they were looking for and I loved seeing the satisfaction of the customers once they bought something and left but always returned.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Volunteer oppoertunity ended
Ok place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot while at the company. The nurses are always great to work with. The hardest part of the job is not getting all the support necessary from the managers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No management support
Good Company
Phlebotomy Tech I (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 2, 2016
Enjoyed my time with BSS, they always had work for me and scheduled assignments to my availability. BSS is an awesome staffing agency, I never had any situation where there were no jobs available.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
No benefits
Banner
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 1, 2016
short on staff a lot of times. Fast paced work environment. Paid time off. Great benefits package. Not much room to grow within the company depending on the department.
ER duties
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 26, 2016
General ER duties, take care of incoming patients, treat as needed, discharge instructions, ready patients for transfer patients to higher level of care

5 CEO's in 5 Years
Pros
busy
Cons
prefer not to answer
Not a great environment for pharmacists
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2016
Lower end of the pay scale in AZ. Mediocre benefits. C-suite puts no real value in pharmacy and we are treated accordingly. I negotiated a fair salary when I was hired. After a few weeks of training I realized my salary was not what was agreed upon. Went through the proper channels to fix the situation. The end result was a meeting with C-suite and they acknowledged a mistake, but they were not willing to fix it. They actually said if that if I was not happy with that answer I had the option to quit. I was actually told in the meeting that they had consulted the legal team prior to meeting with me. I guess they wanted to be prepared for a lawsuit from me. Its not worth it and I had never eluded to even wanting to leave the position, least of all sue, but that is their mentality. The previous 3 people that had my position had HR lie about the salary and then C-suite told them they wouldn't fix anything. I am a competent, well educated, experienced professional in a job market that still has a demand for my abilities. So I did what the previous 3 RPHs in this position did. I'm less upset about the money and more disappointed in the poor treatment Banner has for its Pharmacists.
Pros
Nice coworkers, Reasonable workload.
Cons
Poor pay, mediocre benefits, treated like the redheaded stepchild of the healthcare team, yearly merit increases are based on hospital goals that pharmacy has no direct impact on.
Managers are not professional.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
Many unrealistic job expectations. Managers need harassment training. Employment bait and switch tactics. You may be hired for one job, but once hired your job responsibilities are changed over time. They provide no training, no opportunity to move elsewhere in the organization. They systematically harass you and place you on corrective action. Then you are fired!
Case Management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 11, 2016
Management stinks. Very high turnover in the entire department. Everyone (well many) in the dept are looking for other jobs. Benefits and compensation are horrible.

Company doesn't value its employees you are just a number and easily replaceable.
Cons
Fast paced environment and very productive. Great people to work with and always learning new things.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 11, 2016
A typical work day is a 12 hour shift taking care of people that need assistance or temporary relief in breathing easier. I interact with staff/nurses/doctors/management daily regarding any possible change in treatment plans of the patient. I perform routine checks and treatments such as oxygen mixtures and chest physiotherapy on patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients improve after I have helped them and treated them accordingly.
AWFUL-Terrible Company! Management is Worthless & Deceiving
Point of Service Charge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ /Good Sam/ Thunderbird/ EstrellaJune 7, 2016
This company has been the worst I have EVER worked for !! Favoritism is offered to some and not others, family life does not matter, work ethic- you are short staffed and STILL required to DO MORE than what you can possibly do, if not your productivity is "dinged". Work ALL holidays ( never a fair rotating balance) Management/Directors constantly keep negativity and gossip and the back stabbing going around! It is NOT managed or run right all the way around! Not just in one department; through out the company! Retention Rate is repeatedly high! Associates NEVER would stay or recommend this place! People are Rude! HR gets involved in department disputes and then turns away; never resolves the issues! This place is a complete disappointment! I truly thought it would be more about PATIENT AND ASSOCIATE satisfaction and appreciation- it is NOT !!!!! Save your time! Save your stress and go else where! Physicians even leave this company !!!!
Pros
maybe hours and / or flexibility
Cons
Everything Else you can consider

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.