Banner Health Employee Reviews

staff is hardworking and knowledgeable
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 22, 2017
pay is typically on a lower scale in comparison to other area hospitals
staff is underappreciated by upper management
most patients are elderly and require a lot of hands on, staffing shortages make this difficult to provide the care that patients deserve and require
Externship
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
This place was hard. The fellow echo techs were not nice and I really learned nothing here. It was a waste of time in my eyes. I just studied for my boards. So I guess I could say that Banner help me with that at least. I hate writing a bad review but this place was not a healthy work space or easy to be accepted.
Really well rounded medical group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 21, 2017
Banner is a GROWING company that really is everywhere. Will jobs opening all the time, this is the place to be if you're into the medical field. From cooks, to RN's, MA's, CNA's PA's, MD's, DO's, housekeeping... it's truly a diverse company that really is booming!
Great Place to Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85226June 19, 2017
Lots of turn over. Small opportunities for advancement. Great work environment but easy to be forgotten with so many employees. Great benefits. Great people.
June 22, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Great Company, Rewarding job
Emergency Department Technician (EMT) (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 19, 2017
Banner is a great company to work for. Good benefits, good compensations, knowledgeable management. The team is easy to get along with and work with.
June 22, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Banner is not a people person company
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2017
They down sized, at first company seemed to be good. But management was not approachable. Unless you were in their clique. I did my job, never late. But was downsized due to age
June 22, 2017

Thank you for providing a review. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Decent place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 17, 2017
Very clicky management staff. Prone to not question or investigate when an issue arises. Work is very fufilling. I enjoyed being there. Pretty fast paced, time flies.
Pros
Decent place to work.
Cons
Clicky, vindictive managers

Focus on Customer Experience
Emergency Management Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2017
Banner Health is currently going through as reorganization process to switch to a more customer consumer focused delivery system for healthcare. This may prove difficult at best.
June 22, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

Many Opportunities
Practice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2017
Banner Health is a large healthcare organization. It employees approximately 50,000 people throughout the southwest. With the climate of healthcare changing everyday, Banner is doing it's best to keep up with those changes. Sometimes the there are hard decisions that have to be made, but Banner communicates the "whys" to those changes. Banner is a good place to work.
June 16, 2017

Always growing company
Patient Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 14, 2017
I work for BTMC in the outpatient pre registration department. I start my day at 8am with a list of accounts that need benefits and authorization verification. A completion of pre registration with patients over the phone verifying their demographics and updating in our data system (MS4). Going over benefits and facility charges with patients. Collecting any charges that apply to upcoming appointments. Answering patient incoming calls regarding financial issues.
Pros
Tuition Rembursment
Cons
Late hours
June 15, 2017

We appreciate your review and sharing this insight about your job and responsibilities. Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team!

Want to know more about Banner Health?

Ask a question
Productive workplace.
Registered Nurse (RN) Certified (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
The culture of our workplace has changed dramatically. The normal patient has now become the abnormal and the abnormal has become the normal. The 12 hour shifts are grueling. Some of the patient assignments are very difficult. We are receiving sicker mother's and babies but the patient ratio has not really changed. We take care of 4 couplet's meaning a mother and a baby. That really makes 8 patient's.per nurse. I have learned great time management skills. My management team is wonderful with giving us support and telling us we are doing well however some will get in and help out other's stand and watch as we do our job. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with the new culture, language barriers, mother's having withdraws, sicker multi diagnosis mother's. I really do enjoy the babies. I find it amazing that they can tell you everything you need to know without ever saying a word. I love using my my 6 senses to complete my job. I am just looking for a job that has better working hours, no holidays no weekends.
Pros
Love the babies, I get to self schedule, I love the girls that I work with. We have exceptional nurses. .
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.
June 15, 2017

Thank you for sharing this perspective on the amazing job that you do! We are privileged to have you as part of the Banner Health team! Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com if you would like to discuss work life balance or transfer options within Banner Health.

good organization
Registered Nurse-Pre-op/PACU (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
BUMCP is a great place to learn and grow as a health professional. It is a teaching hospital which enables providers to grow and develop their clinical skills.

Professional Work Environment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 13, 2017
Good Place to work, been here for over three years. Offers many up to date continuing education via company intranet. Management is approachable and handles affairs in a professional manner.
June 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are privileged to have you as an employee for over three years! We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

Productive enjoyable
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 12, 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job was getting to do what I like most waxing and buffing floors and shampooing carpets to provide a clean comfortable environment for patients and visitors.
Pros
Pay, discounted lunches and paid vacations
Cons
Sub-par unprofessional management
June 13, 2017

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns regarding leadership.

One of the better psych facilities in the valley
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2017
One of the better psych facilities in the valley. Currently expanding so they will be hiring even more nurses. Environment is clean and the Cafe serves pretty good food as a general rule.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Too many layers of management, change is slow and arduous
June 12, 2017

Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team, we appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Productive, Busy, Fast Paced
Senior Patient Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaJune 11, 2017
We are dealing with patients most of the day, their admittance, their insurance and their out of pocket costs. We deal with all the insurances for their benefits and authorizations.

The culture is diverse and easy to work with.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with patients in pain and sick and having to go over their benefits and ask for money..

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and being able to answer their questions and have them leave happy.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism within some management
June 12, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great! We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

Great Place
PFS Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 9, 2017
If yo want a great place to work Banner Health is the place to be. I loved what I did and Co-Workers are the best. I have been there for many years...
Pros
Benefits, Great hours
June 12, 2017

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

Not heard
ONCOLOGY CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 8, 2017
You are not utilized to your fullest potential, one's concerns fall on deaf ears, raises are not enough, underpaid, overworked, high turn over rate, no professional growth
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Management needs a lot of work, Communication
June 12, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Excellent
PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working. I had a great group of team. The benefits were great. I had a an excellent supervisor. There is potential for growth if you are determined to expand your career.
June 12, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team!

Wonderful Place to work
Contracts Analysis Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2017
Staff and management were awesome. Pleasant work environment. I learned more about insurance and the billing process. I also learned more about government claims.
June 12, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.