Banner Health

Banner Health Employee Reviews

Productive and fun Hospital to work at Banner Heart
REGERISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere, fun, exciting, always learning new thing
Cons: none
Everyday learn new things on the job with just recovering Open heart patient or if I am in Cath lab or doing procedures.Management is great here no issues and love the people this facility has a wonderful atmosphere.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2015
I learned a lot working for Banner Health. I got to help people dealing with very stressful situations. I felt I was part of a team.
Longevity
Insurance Collector (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2015
This company offers longevity for the person looking to be happy in one place without wanting to move up in a relative matter of time
Banner
Crisis Interventionist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Lunches
Cons: Sometimes staff
There are good things and bad to say about every employer. I've worked with some of the most supportive doctors and nurses while at Banner.
This was an enjoyable career as I had great relationships with coworkers and family members of patients
Unit Secretary/ Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa , Az.July 15, 2015
Pros: Job security and room for growth
Cons: The hours were no longer compatible with my at home schedule
A typical day at work included meeting with family members of patients and assisting with any needs they may have. I answered phones, reviewed and transcribed critical Dr orders.
The hardest part of this job was consoling families in stressful situations their newborns may have been experiencing. When the outcome was what we expected and their child thrived; this was the most enjoyable part of any day!
Great place to learn
Cardiac Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2015
Fast and steady workplace, doctors take the time to teach, nurses are great. Managers are the best part of the job. Long term career place.
I love being part of a growing company
Assistant Manager / retail associate (Current Employee), Sun city west , AZJuly 13, 2015
Response ability working with the General Manager to improve operations, sales and profitability. Maximizing profits by controlling labor costs and expenses. Continuously reviewing and managing team performance. Supporting the Store Manager in identifying opportunities for commercial advantage. Providing and exceptional in store experience for customers. Checking off and signing invoices and credit notes on a weekly basis. Managing staff training requirements. Delegate work and give tasks to individuals to do.
Pretty good place to work
Staff Nurse, Medical/Surgical Floor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2015
Management is always changing. Lots of young new nurses are getting their start on this floor. High turnover. A bachelor's degree is required to work for Banner right now.
A rewarding non-profit healthcare company
Director of PR & Marketing (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKJuly 13, 2015
Excellent benefits and merit based pay. Shared Leadership style management, with opportunities for growth. Fairbanks Memorial Hospital has an amazing culture of giving back to the community.
great night crew, I learned a lot of nursing skills form the RNs
LPN-C (Former Employee), Ogallala, NEJuly 12, 2015
Worked med/surg floor. At times it was fast paced but most a mod paced setting. I learned all aspects of nursing and had a lot of great RNs that were eager to teach. Co-workers on the night shift were great and team players. The hardest part about the job was being limited with my LPN-C license, I wanted to be able to do more. the most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in my patient's lives and knowing that I provided the best care that I could
Diverse people working together under pressure
EVS surgery tech (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 10, 2015
This job allows me to work with different types of people under ordinary and extraordinary circumstances. I learned how well it goes when every part of the team is working towards the same goal: excellent patient care.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Personnel friendly.
Cons: Quality control initiatives are on paper, Patient rated surveys do not accurately reflect the good care provided on my floor
Good group of knowledgeable experienced personnel, energetic new employees and a culture that breeds learning, honesty, and growth. Caring for up to 6 medical surgical patients, teamwork and interdisciplinary cooperation make providing patient care continuous, interactive and almost seamless. Steady, continuous patient care throughout the shift keeps me busy from beginning of shift to the end. The hardest part of this job leaving at the end of shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling good about the care I provide especially when the patient expresses pleasure with their care.
pca
PCA (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: management
I loved the patients and was a great job my other co workers were great ! management was cliquey it was like high school that was the only problem bad for business
poor management
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, poor staffing
managers only cared about pleasing their bosses. they did not take care of their workers. most enjoyable part of the job, other than helping patients, was that most of my co-workers were good, hard working ethical & friendly. the hardest part of the job was coming to work everyday knowing that management did not care about your problems & concerns
Large company that is growing fast.
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee), Greeley, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities
Cons: very regimented
It is quite busy with good variety. My coworkers are excellent. There is very good cooperation between departments. There are numerous functions put on for the employees. .
was a good place to work not anymore
Pt Acct Rep IV (Former Employee), park central mallJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches at facility
Cons: management melfunction
before the merger my days were filled with positive activity I stated as a clerk and did so well I was taught billing. then follow-up and aging reports and exceled but the merger brought in a new manager/supervisor who made things personal not professional and made my work life harder than it should have been
Time line to meet
Account Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Time line to meet
Cons: None
Working patient's insurance accounts for commercial contracts. Calling on unprocessed claims
and taking payments over the phone. Taking patient calls about their accounts. Entering patient's
demographics and insurance information, re-billing, faxing and mailing out to insurance
companies for payment. This includes working all different insurance companies.
Great Staffing company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great staff that work hard to make sure their temps needs are met
Cons: N/A
I have been with Banner Staffing for the past 4 years, and so far I have never had a complaint or have I had any issues with them. I appreciate all the staff that makes a committiment to make sure that their temporary staff needs are met.
CVICU RN
Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 4, 2015
Cerner is difficult to work with as the information does not populate across multiple screens automatically. Planned downtime is difficult at best and often extends past planned time.
Great management, coworkers, patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 29, 2015
Supportive environment, great co-workers, lots of education, management is supportive and encouraging…. love my job!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Salaries