Banner Health

Banner Health Employee Reviews

Great management, coworkers, patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 29, 2015
Supportive environment, great co-workers, lots of education, management is supportive and encouraging…. love my job!!!
Loved working in the ER
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Mesa AzJune 26, 2015
Pros: no set schedule
Cons: long shifts
I enjoyed the benefits of staffing and not having a set schedule.
I worked at several facilities. Management was helpful
Great team to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great Team
Cons: Low wages, poor advancement opportunities
I assign all work requests and PM's that are generated. Schedule staff. Conduct staff meetings. perform time card edits and sign offs.Schedule staff training. Attend varioud facility meetings. such as EOC, Safety, Design and construction.
Great company!
RN (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 21, 2015
Great job security and company to work for. Excelllent benefits, flexible work schedule in home health. Excellent training and support for employees
Behavioral Health Technician
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJune 19, 2015
Pros: HSA Account, Overtime Availability
Cons: Inadequate Pay Rate, Devalue Education
The University Medical Center and Kino Hospital have once again signed on with another organization by the name of Banner. Banner will add these two hospitals to its extensive list of other hospitals, it is charged with managing and operating health care.
I have completed a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and I have over nine years of direct patient care experience as a behavioral health technician. Banner believes that my value to the organization is worth $14.72 per hour. Upon hire I was told that the pay rate would change as Banner would re-evaluate employee pay rates to maintain competitive wages. Thankfully, other behavioral health companies and organizations acknowledge and value my education and experience. I am in the process of quitting and getting hired by a wonderful non-profit organization that compensates its employees generously!
Productive and Fun work place
Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 18, 2015
The management team is wonderful and fully supportive of their employees. The physicians are helpful and professional
Good team work, not so great management
RN (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: turn over
Patient care of acute telemetry patients.
I have learned many things since working here.
The management has had so much turnover, and has been very unorganized lately.
I have great co-workers and a good team environment. But have had so much turnover lately.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend the time that I would like with the patients.
The patient care is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
I feel very welcome at this facility. They have a great team and make you feel like family. They were very flexible with my school schedule and didn't make me feel like I was a burden when I had limited availability
Good Company
PACS Administrator (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 16, 2015
Implement and develop or enhance data and workflow solutions; setting and managing goals, timelines and objectives. Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the PACS system(s) which includes monitoring and troubleshooting issues in image workflow, archiving, routing, and data integrity. Support all PACS users including, supervisors, radiologists, cardiologists, staff, and other imaging customers to ensure optimum functionality, availability, system responsiveness, and integrity of both on-line and archived data for PACS.
Great people to work wth
Regional Director Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Northern COJune 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: vacation accrual
Busy place to work. I learned that everyone works together as a team. The hardest part of the job was to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work each day with such an engaged group of people
Great Company To Work For
EVS Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Some day's way under stffed, had to do 2 or 3 different areas
8 Hours of steady work
Patient Safety
Professional Supervisor's
Very Enjoyable To Work With
Pulling , Pushing , Heavy Carts of Trash and Linen
Working For The Company
Great Staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Baywood Medical CenterJune 1, 2015
Injured myself during work and am not happy at the way workman's comp handling of every aspect of my injury....had to quit my job because they did not take care of me as they should have
Great Organization and I learned a lot about large corporations.
Sr. Director of Nursing Peri Operative Services (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Cafeteria
Cons: Drive was a little bit long
Very good organization that delivers excellent patient care. Typical workday was 10 hours. Strong management team. Coworkers were collaborative and worked well together. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the continuing changes but in the current market this is the new norm. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team,.
Great company and benefits. but not so good pay
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee), Sun City West, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay not as you expect it to be
Banner is a great place to get your foot in the door when it comes to the medical field. it took me 5 years to get in and i was really excited to finally get the opportunity to start. when i started working in patient financial i was a bit overwhealmed at the fact that this big company did not have an efficient way of getting patients admitted. i feel like they lacked proper communication and lack of tools to get new hires trained properly to understand the job, for example: i was always asked to look at my notes to understand what to do but it was so many papers i had to go through to find an – more... answer or if i had to look on my computer i constatly had to open so many files just to find anything. point is they were always behind on worked days because they dont have an efficient way that will help the employees and the patient checked in faster. and the reason i had to leave was because my pay was dropped too much for me to be able to pay all my bills on time, i was struggling financially. i really thought banner was a good paying company but i guess it depends were you get hired, overall this company has great benefits, it just need to come up with a way to help the employees in the financial side to get patients insurance benefits obtained and auths. – less
Every day is something different
Communications Rep (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 25, 2015
Pros: pay was okay
Cons: no breaks only 30 min lunch
Route calls to other departments, Do On-Call requests for Doctors and other staff.
Easy part was transferring calls to patient rooms

the hard part was answering the code line for patients
A very high pace place to work
RN-Emergency Dept (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2015
A very high pace place to work, where an accuracy of care was the most important factor.
A productive and pleasant place to work.
Helping atmosphere for the people needing referrals or speak to doctors
Customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2015
Processing calls for the different Banner Hospitals in the Phoenix valley. I learned to do class rosters for the classes for child birth etc. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone that needed our help.
Lead Encapsulation Technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 15, 2015
Day consisted of quality control, soft gel manufacturing, collaborating with coworkers for daily job duties.Remainder consisted of updating supervisor.
Very Busy, ALWAYS!
RN (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZMay 15, 2015
Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 14, 2015
Was able to learn food preparations of patients with special diet orders, also provide excellent customer service, manager Teresa was very helpful with communication to employees about patient concerns.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Salaries