Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Banner Health- is a good place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
The work I do keeps you busy
I have learned so much about nutrition and the medical field and more respect for all in the same field. The management is good, like us they are always learning something new and are wiling to share the information so we are all on the same page. The hardest part would be entering in Tube feedings correctly. It takes more than basic math skills and there is literally no room for mistake. Also that there is a lot of co-workers that like to goof off and not help others out. The people I have met , they make this place enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Good benefits.. Room for advancement..Room to learn more and grow
Cons
Very far to travel but the benefits are worth it
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
Please see below
PFS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Certainly DO NOT look forward to going to work; NEVER had an employer who caused so many sleepless nights and ruined week-ends; MANY employees UNHAPPY with Banner work culture, but do not speak up because of retaliatory tactics, which, of course, are denied.
Pros
Benefits, but NOT salary
Cons
Demoralizing work environment/culture, i.e., questionable mgmt
Horrible place to work, stay away from banner
EVS Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2016
I worked at this hospital and it is the worst place I have ever worked. The management is inexperienced and ridiculous, they don't know what they are doing, the company does not value there employees and the pay is an insult and a joke. Banners staffing agency is one of the biggest reason they are a joke, because of the agency they don't care about the permanent employees you are just a number and you can and will be replaced. You will only be valued if you are a doctor or nurse everyone else is insignificant. NO opportunity for advancement if you value yourself STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A HOSPITAL AND EMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT, ADVANCEMENT
It's Ok. It has its pros and cons like anywhere else.
Phlebotomist / Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
It's ok. Standard work place relationships. Women can be catty, poor choices by management, and an overwhelming lack of trust in management Reaching out for much needed help from HR left me feeling unsupported and discriminated against.

I feel like the organization does take advantage of the employees that are doing the work out in the field. The field workers are the ones brining in the 'product' with results in the income. The field workers are not rewarded (compensated) for the life 'blood' they feed the machine.

The best part of the job is the interaction with the patients. That is my reward. I have to assure that I reward myself because another person will not.

I need to often remind myself that I have a job, benefits, fixed hours and that I am there to help others through a less than desirable procedure. Now if only I made a liveable wage.
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
low wages
An OK place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TucsonOctober 8, 2015
Outpatient hospital setting clinic is ok. Every dept is different but this particular clinic did not allow any OT ever. Protocols changed after merge from UAHN to Banner. Waaay too many ridiculous steps to ensure joint commission will approve. Joint commission approved JUST fine the UAHN way. Benefits kill you. PTO accrual went down. Can't do this can't do that. The majority of employees are fed up with banner. Lots of holes right now. Maybe in the future it'll get better in Tucson, but definitely not right now. Totally feel like im just another employee. No appreciation. Leaving the corporation because benefits for a family is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Oh and lastly, if you are seen within the corporation and cannot pay your bill asap that amount gets garnished from your check :) you sign for it in your new employee paperwork or you can't get their insurance. Not my cup of tea.
Pros
Uniforms can be purchased elsewhere without a logo.
Cons
Expensive insurance, poor management, no advancement and wages are poor.
Over all great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 8, 2016
Working at banner health was enjoyable, and a positive experience with a positive work enviroment. The management was very freindly, and had a positive attitude. Training was always fun, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
unadequate compensation
Good
PCA/Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2016
It is a great company to work for, always room for advancement. Also offers great benefits. I would recommend this company.
Interesting and fast paced work environment
Patient Care Assistant/Health Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 25, 2016
I was fortunate enough to work with great people that took an interest in my education and development. I learned a great deal about patient care in an acute care setting.
The management was scattered and disorganized and operated in a reactionary way instead of proactively in most cases.
It was difficult to function due to the lack of proper and functioning equipment.
The most difficult part of my job was dealing with my desire to give my best and do my job to the best of my ability while tracking down and fixing broken or minimal equipment and supplies.
Great benefits, good stepping stone
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 8, 2016
very good company to work for, while finishing up school, trying to make final financial career decisions. and balancing out the two.
benefits
Cons
short pay
Run like crazy, spend all time performing tedious tasks set up by management for the"flavor of the day"
Ortho/Spine RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 18, 2016
Constantly running with little help offered by management. No breaks. Forced to come in for meetings and think tanks for new ideas to improve patient care while completely ignoring the needs of the nurses. Constantly implementing new made up patient care models. These models included useless programs and protocols that had to be religiously followed, superfluous charting, dogmatic protocols, asking patient long surveys, all while taking you away from actually caring for the patient. You will be put through months of training off the floor, then when you are actually working there is no help in sight. Patients opinions = absolute truth. You can be doing a good job but of a patient didn't think you smiled enough, you were giving disciplinary action. Rarely recognized for job well done. Parking sucks, no concept of teamwork. Btw pto must be asked like 2 months in advance.
Pros
Good credentials you you leave. A paycheck
Cons
See above
Banner Health gave the opportunity to meet and assit many wonderful people and provided a great team atmosphere.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 26, 2016
Greeting the customer/patients and helping them feel like all their concerns would be taken care of was the beginning. . . lots of smiles and assurances. The hardest part of the job was being focused on the patient and at the same time, being focused on all the electronic demands , coming from the insurance companies, management and other departments within the system.
Pros
weekends off, free lunches now and then, clean\pleasant environment
Cons
constantly changing expectations
Outpatient Clinics
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  BMG Arizona WestJuly 12, 2016
As a manager there is not any work/life balance. A typical day is working all day, being in countless meetings and then working at night to keep up with emails. I learned that I can manage large groups of physicians and staff and that life is too short to give all of your time to a company who does not appreciate your efforts. Most of my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was not having any executive leadership support. Lack of accountability at this level and constant re-organization of the division which affected peoples careers. Always pointing fingers at the people who were working the hardest. No fairness when doing this. Certain people got better severance than others. Some of the staff and the patients was the best part of the job.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of work/life balance and bad executive leadership
You'll need a bus pass working at Banner...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 10, 2016
As often as they through you under the bus you'll need a bus pass working at Banner.
The word they like to use is "Optimization".
Overload the employees until they can't keep up, then write them up until they can justify their other favorite word, "Term'd".
I've seen a lot of long term employees get run off because they didn't fit the "Vision" of management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hypocrisy
Very Productive, excellent patient care, fun staff
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Registration RepresentativeAugust 27, 2015
I was first contact for all patient and visitors and made amazing relationships with our patients, when I was not there for any reason they would ask for me. I learned the new computer system and was made the trainer for all new employees. My typical day was checking patients in and out, collecting copays/deductibles, verification of insurance benefits for all patients for 5 providers, answered all phone calls, data entry, scheduled surgeries and appointments. It was an extremely busy practice and at times was challenging but I always got the work done on time and accurately. Management was a huge turn around, the 4 years of working at this office we had 5 new and different managers which made it difficult at times but we got through it. I loved seeing the same patients having a lot of fun and making great friends with them.
Pros
Turn around in management
Cons
Excellent patient care and phenominal physicans to work with
Family oriented workplace with diverse learning opportunities
Staff Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 2, 2015
I work in a medical ICU on a 9 RN team and assume care of 2 critically ill patients on a typical day at work. It is a very acute unit that has high patient turnover. I enjoy being part of a team that is very supportive.
Pros
Lots of education, great team environment
Cons
short breaks, limited opportunity for raises
AWFUL-Terrible Company! Management is Worthless & Deceiving
Point of Service Charge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ /Good Sam/ Thunderbird/ EstrellaJune 7, 2016
This company has been the worst I have EVER worked for !! Favoritism is offered to some and not others, family life does not matter, work ethic- you are short staffed and STILL required to DO MORE than what you can possibly do, if not your productivity is "dinged". Work ALL holidays ( never a fair rotating balance) Management/Directors constantly keep negativity and gossip and the back stabbing going around! It is NOT managed or run right all the way around! Not just in one department; through out the company! Retention Rate is repeatedly high! Associates NEVER would stay or recommend this place! People are Rude! HR gets involved in department disputes and then turns away; never resolves the issues! This place is a complete disappointment! I truly thought it would be more about PATIENT AND ASSOCIATE satisfaction and appreciation- it is NOT !!!!! Save your time! Save your stress and go else where! Physicians even leave this company !!!!
Pros
maybe hours and / or flexibility
Cons
Everything Else you can consider
I enjoyed my 13 years with ESD.
BAI Finance Manager/Grants Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Like every place nothing is perfect, but the 13 years I spent with ESD I learned a lot gained in my own strengths. When I first started I had a Fiscal Officer that encouraged me to take on what ever I felt I could succeed in; this prompted me to get into grant management. This is what I have been doing exclusively for the past 15 years.
Productive and Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 18, 2016
Professional, experienced, and diligent financial, management, and project expert. Proactive ability to exercise a common-sense financial approach while utilizing creative problem-solving techniques. Dedicated, diligent, and responsible employee that can formulate appropriate strategies while helping to meet organizational goals.
Banner Health in General is a great company
Maricopa/ Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 1, 2016
In my time with Banner Health, it has been rewarding and fulfilling, however with its reorganization, losing its CEO and CFO and some top notch management it has caused employees to be disengaged and looking for new employment
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
New Management, does not care about employees