Banner Health Employee Reviews

Very busy, fast paced, high turnover
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) @ BUMC-P (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2016
Everyday when you went into work you knew there would be lots of work to be done. I thoroughly loved my job. I wish I could say the same about my department and the management. The lazier you were the better you were treated. Hard workers who did their job (and even more some days) were in the spotlight and punished more so than the half time motivated employees. I didn't work for banner directly, I was a contracted employee. There were so many call outs every day that even on my day off. I would get a phone call asking to cover a shift. It's a fast paced environment and you have to be self motivated or else you will get eaten alive.
Pros
Always overtime, friendly people in other departments.
Cons
Bad management, usual short staffed, use of money (raises)
Great place to start and cotinue
RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206November 1, 2016
Banner Health has been a great place to work.The team and culture to work with is very good. The company is always willing to further education through their own education department. The only set back is working for a non-profit large organization they do not compensate very well. The benefits are expensive and raises are only allocated to a number of people. With the large company you loose that sense of family structure.
Pros
education, stability
Cons
low pay
Small Town=Low Pay
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Brush, COOctober 16, 2016
Banner does not give raises at EMCH. There are a lot of other duties that will be given and not compensated correctly for because it is a small hospital. You work hard and get paid less out here compared to bigger facilities. The General Doctors are awesome! As well as the Podiatrist! The O.R staff makes it a fun working environment.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Low pay
Work Day
PFS SR Rep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2016
My typical work day I am doing a morning report to let everyone know what patients still need to be completed for the next 5 days. I call insurances for authorizations and benefits. I check online for both befits and authorizations also. I call patients and verify all their information and collect any payments due at that time..
Pros
i have all websites phone numbers available to me to get my work completed in time.
Cons
not everyone works at the same level so that tends to slow others down.
Good pay, poor leadership
Securtiy Officer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 6, 2016
Good darting pay, and great benefits. Has poor leadership, and lack of employee appreciation. Very high turn over rate of employment. The leadership is not supportive, and their is a very high rate of attrition of skilled staff.
Pros
Pay, and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, not supportive, tenedency to focus on negative aspects, resistant to change
Stepping Stone
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2016
Careers in my line of work are not promising right now at Banner Health. Be wary of undercompensation, no opportunity for advancement, and management's inability to delegate tasks properly.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Unless you know someone, good luck trying to advance or make a respectable salary
stable but management has some issues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2016
supervisors can be not entirely fair. pay and benefits are reasonable and coworkers are nice. You can learn a lot since they are very busy hospitals. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the influx of new supervisors constantly and having about three supervisors in charge all with different views. the best part of the job is the other people you work with and benefits.
Hospice RN CM
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2016
By far the most accomadating hospice company to work for as RN CM. Best benefits, pay, and work-life balance. The leadership cares about their team members happiness.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work-life balance
Good place to learn
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 3, 2016
Good place to learn and grow. A larger corporation is easier to transfer to different hospitals and departments. Generally great people to work with.
Pros
Good benefits and continuous learning.
Cons
My life/balance was not beneficial.
Busy/productive business
Go live Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2016
An enjoyable place to work, meet new people who have a positive outlook on learning new processes. Pleasant work environment.. Management was friendly with positive attitude, Training is fun and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement
Cons
Traveling involved
Banner Health- is a good place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
The work I do keeps you busy
I have learned so much about nutrition and the medical field and more respect for all in the same field. The management is good, like us they are always learning something new and are wiling to share the information so we are all on the same page. The hardest part would be entering in Tube feedings correctly. It takes more than basic math skills and there is literally no room for mistake. Also that there is a lot of co-workers that like to goof off and not help others out. The people I have met , they make this place enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Good benefits.. Room for advancement..Room to learn more and grow
Cons
Very far to travel but the benefits are worth it
Outpatient Clinics
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  BMG Arizona WestJuly 12, 2016
As a manager there is not any work/life balance. A typical day is working all day, being in countless meetings and then working at night to keep up with emails. I learned that I can manage large groups of physicians and staff and that life is too short to give all of your time to a company who does not appreciate your efforts. Most of my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was not having any executive leadership support. Lack of accountability at this level and constant re-organization of the division which affected peoples careers. Always pointing fingers at the people who were working the hardest. No fairness when doing this. Certain people got better severance than others. Some of the staff and the patients was the best part of the job.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of work/life balance and bad executive leadership
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
It was a great job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Good job but hard job at the same time. But I learned a lot from this if given another chance I would glady for this company agian. I worked for 4 months for them had a great experience learned a lotbof vital skills.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Alot of traveling
Banner Health
RN Case Manager/ICU (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202August 29, 2016
Banner Health is an innovative, community leader who is now the number one employer in Arizona. Banner prides itself in seeking out an elite management team and hiring the best of the best. I felt apart of a prestigious medical community that held itself to standards above and beyond the norm.
I was led by an educated, experienced management team in both the Case Management department and the Intensive Care Unit. The highest quality of patient care was expected along with intelligent resource management.
I enjoyed the team environment and sense of pride of being apart of this prestigious community.
Pros
Environment of excellence, room for advancement, high standards, excellent cafeteria, flexible work schedule
Cons
Insurance not as generous as previous carrier, hourly rate of pay competitive but not as generous as previous employer
Great
Front Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2016
answering phone calls
booking appoints
charge entry
enjoyable work environment
booking appointments for 5 physicians in the office
Pros
free lunches
benefits
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 10, 2016
I enjoy working with Banner Health- great benefits. They have a lot of opportunities and are flexible with you when it comes to striving for a better education.
Pros
Great providers
Cons
Short breaks
Ok place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot while at the company. The nurses are always great to work with. The hardest part of the job is not getting all the support necessary from the managers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No management support
Case Management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 11, 2016
Management stinks. Very high turnover in the entire department. Everyone (well many) in the dept are looking for other jobs. Benefits and compensation are horrible.

Company doesn't value its employees you are just a number and easily replaceable.
Cons
An unforgettable experience that will always be a part of my life.
RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 7, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced. There wasn't time to socialize with our fellow coworkers the moment you clocked in to start the shift.The job required quick critical thinking skills and good communication skills between the nurse and the doctor. The staff was good to help with deliveries even if we were extremely busy . The hospital did have valuable resources to choose from if needed. The management was very good about helping when there was any sort of emergency.The hardest part of the job was taking care of mom's and family during a sad time such as stillborn deliveries or preterm deliveries with a poor outcome.The department had a great program for families who suffered a loss which was highly recognizable.The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of the deliveries and educating the mom's and families on how to care for their new addition .
Pros
Generally a happy environment and a rewarding career.
Cons
Breaks were few and far between.Long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.