Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & fun place to work & learn
Certified Surgical Technologist Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2016
Community Care College is a great work place. I enjoyed my 3 years of working there very much until I moved out of state or I would probably be there still.
nice people to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
it was very busy and enjoyable place to work. a lot of room to advance with in the company. great benefits. the pay was good.
Large Organization
ED Tech & Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
Banner Health is one of the largest healthcare organizations on the west coast. As a result employees enjoy a wealth of benefits and opportunities for advancement. Significant educational opportunities as well.
12 hour shifts and you choose the days you work
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
The 12 hour shifts and the fact that you can submit your preference every month for the schedule you prefer is the reason people choose Banner...A full time position is 36 hours You get a lot of time off and the pay is very good. I am moving so I reluctantly will have to start looking again
Patient Care
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2016
Typical day at work is taking care of patients and making sure they have everything they need.
Learned a lot working in the medical field every month there was some kind of training for us attend to so we can benefit our patients
I became an CPR Instructor while working at Banner Health
Co-workers where fun to work with
Not enough staff to patient census
Being able to help the patient and see them walk out of the hospital.
Pros
Work 3/12's
Cons
Not enough staff
variable workplace as travel rn
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 6, 2016
has motivated and professional staff that work in several high stress and busy Emergency Departments. critical care of patients across all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is leaving your coworkers behind and move on to a new assignment.
Coworkers were friendly and very helpful
COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM TECH (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 6, 2016
I liked working at banner. It is unfortunate that they eliminated my position to reduce costs in the IT department. I learned a lot while I was there and made many good friends.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
learn alot
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2016
working with banner was a place that you could better you self.you would have a chance to grow in the company.i learn how to get along with people .and work with each other .the hard part is cleaning the rooms where there was a lot of blood and parts of bodes .but it was very good place to work in.
Pros
we had breaks
Cons
we had good benefits
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 4, 2016
Fast paced and intense environment with excellent teamwork at all times. Excellent opportunities for extra shifts. New management is supportive.
Company doesn't care about it's employees
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
Banner is all about the bottom line. For a not-for-profit company, they are more concerned about conquering the health care industry than about patient and employee experiences.
Pros
Cons
No recognition for a job well done. No loyalty to long-term employees
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2016
Professional medical care with a compassionate edge. Great support from doctors, nurses, and special care services. Great coworkers and great leadership over the spiritual care Dept.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
n/a
Innovative Place to Work
good one (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
Good place to work. Pay is median but benefits are good. Some advancement but not in my current role. innovative company and willing to expand technology. Cant say anything negative but need to bee closer to family.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
Good, strong work family that puts patients first
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
Typical day of work begins by receiving the floor(s) you are working that night, and checking each patient to verify the medications given. Once a face to face report has been given by the off going Therapist, you begin administering all medications and treatments to each of your patients. Upon completion, we always call the other Therapists to see if they are in need of any assistance at the moment. After first rounds, the Clinical Leader checks the remaining treatments for the night then sees if people need to be sent home or if they can stay.

Coming from the VA, the patient population is much more vast and different. We have neonatal patients, pediatric patients, cystic fibrosis patients and everyone in between. It has been a tremendously education work environment where we are encouraged to seek further education in all facets of our jobs.

The co workers are a delight to work with. As I stated before, we always check on each other to ensure that we are being taken care of, and all of us are eager and willing to assist in any way possible.
Pros
Friendly staff, good work environment
Cons
Low hours for per-diem employees
Work/Life balance
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
While I stay with Banner because I truly love the effort they put into innovation and research and up to date evidence based practice; I also feel that they don't offer a good work/life balance. Banner also has a difficult time retaining RNs because of the poor pay.
Challenging and educational
Preop/PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 5, 2016
My experience with Banner has been overall positive. The Managers and staff are supportive and team oriented. I like the challenges I have everyday.
Pros
The friends I have made. I have learned and gained experience.
Cons
It is hard to get a lunch break
Please see below
PFS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Certainly DO NOT look forward to going to work; NEVER had an employer who caused so many sleepless nights and ruined week-ends; MANY employees UNHAPPY with Banner work culture, but do not speak up because of retaliatory tactics, which, of course, are denied.
Pros
Benefits, but NOT salary
Cons
Demoralizing work environment/culture, i.e., questionable mgmt
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
Well run organization
Area Services Director (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 28, 2016
The corporate culture makes you proud to be a part of the organization. It is well run with future success in mind. It is one of the best health systems in America in my opinion.
Great Place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
I worked at a teaching Hospital, and everyone in every department was always willing to teach me new things. I learned a lot about the interworking's of a hospital. This was a great experience
Banner Health
Assist staff (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
Banner health is one of those places that improves people and their life, literally. Being a security officer at Banner Health, you have an opportunity to improve yourself within the organization. Furthermore, the pay was great. Hardest part of the job was communicating with individuals who were upset. However, your training through Banner will help you.