Banner Health

Banner Health United States Employee Reviews

Pediatric Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 5, 2015
Pros: Working with great doctors, co-workers and patients
Cons: giving Injections becasue it would make the kids cry
Fast pace working environment. Worked well with co-workers. Assistant physician with Exams and procedures. Administration of medication and immunizations. Charting in EMR and WebIZ. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my patients.
Banner Greeley
RN, Ortho/Neuro/Surgical (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 5, 2015
NCMC was an excellent place to work. When we moved out of state, I was sad to leave my job there. I had worked on the ortho/surgical/neuro floor and the transitional care unit. Both were excellent places to be.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: nursing is nursing
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is a great place to work. Autonomy as a professional with close, comfortable communication with physicians. A fun place to work for your whole career.
Average place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: An environment where you can help others.
Cons: Best staff are moving on to other health care companies
Worked at Behavioral health Scottsdale fort several years. Some very dedicated nurses and doctors. The last few years the better doctors, nurses and support staff have moved on. The worst doctors have been embraced, and with so much new staff the hospital is in disawray.
banner
Environmental service worker (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 28, 2015
Its a great place to work and grow. you greet new people. I meet a lot of people at the hospital. i enjoyed working. i was a house keeper, and learned how to work with people that speak different personalities. the hardest part was the management.
Long time employee of environmental services
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2015
Pros: Pride in a job well done, complimented frequetly by staff working in my assigned areas
Cons: work load was very high for idividual in this area.
I was an employee of Good Samaritan for several years, my job duties changed considerably over the years. We had three full time housekeepers in the imaging department when I started over the years there were less people and more duties added. The last assignment I had was to clean up to 6 patient rooms and then the majority of the medical imaging department 5 evenings a week.
I met alot of nice people working on the floors and in the imaging departments and made lasting friendships, which is what I miss most working here. I was a hard worker rarely taking breaks and tried to make sure all areas that the patients saw on a daily basis were as clean as I could make them. When patients waiting for tests or to go back to their rooms, if they needed assistance I would help them if I could, or get the proper staff for assistance.
Banner is a excellent place to work and learn
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to develop patient skills
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Banner offers an excellent environment to learn and develop your patient care skills. The staff offers a friendly environment while allowing the ease and ability to utilize resources.
It is what it is.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Right here.April 12, 2015
It's not bad, but it could be better. Frustrating workplace but decent benefits. Some flexibility with hours. No room for advancement.
Loved the people I worked with.
Clinical Manager & Staff nurse (Former Employee), Mesa,AZApril 7, 2015
Management is lagging behind with all tasks. Test I took in November I scored 80%, was not told until March that I failed, needed a 85%.
Rigid workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Long commute.
Answered phone inquiries daily and made arrangements for payment of outstanding medical bills. Referred potentially eligible people for assistance with payment of outstanding medical bills.
A terrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: nothing anymore
Cons: almost everything other than co workers that generally care about patients.
Banner health used to be good. I don't understand how the reviews on here are so positive. Perhaps people don't know better, or were in upper management positions?

The problem is upper management, its all about money, and bottom line. Corporate does not care about employees at all. Benefits are more expensive and less covering than working at Walmart full time. This is not a joke. benefits for family coverage went from $50 per pay period to over $300 in last 3 years. My raises simply went to covering benefit increases.

Before my last 3 raises and benefit increases, we were on a pay freeze, meaning, I take home the same amount of money I took home 5 years ago, and this is the same for many banner employees.

They expect you to continue to perform work at a grade A level, but pay you as a grade D employee. While there are some great people who work there, this company is going down hill fast.

I have been in senior meetings with Directors complaining to upper management that salaries suck and they are loosing good employees, whats sad is there response "we just have to deal with it until we own all the healthcare in Arizona so we don't have competition"

Can't wait till this company has a huge drop in patient care and upper management gets there heads out of the clouds and gets back to reality.
Profession friendly environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Susanville, CaMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work. very professional and lots of learning expeierence. Would reccmoned job to others. Nice freindly people and very thoughtful environment.
Watch Your Back...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix (BUMCP)March 30, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Patient Care, Prestigious Organization
Cons: Punitive Environment, Unhappy Workplace, Ineffective Management
The company seems great: they preach reducing their environmental impact, providing excellent patient care, and being team players. I think they really believe in these values. I found, however, that the unit I worked on was generally miserable. The two different preceptors I had would bad-mouth each other (and everyone else on the unit), which made for an awkward training experience. The clinical manager seemed ok, but not overly friendly - which is understandable, since she's not there to make friends. The department manager, on the other hand, was downright obnoxious. My first day of orientation, before even clocking in, she asked how training was going! Ok, I know you have lots of employees to keep track of, but dang! The second time I interacted with her (on another day), she again had no idea who I was, because she asked if I was enjoying this unit better than the one I came from (I was brand new to the company).
I had lots of problems with their technology. Cerner is so archaic and user-unfriendly! I understand it takes time to get comfortable with a system, but this one is really bad. You cannot view your entries or new orders without manually refreshing. If you do not think to do so every few minutes, you will miss important patient information. The PPIDs (handheld med/patient scanners) gave me lots of problems, didn't sync, and/or didn't save my entries, which resulted in having to re-scan patients and meds, and it would document the medication as being late - even though it was really given on time.
The two preceptors I had made a few mistakes (giving – more... meds without orders, etc.), but nothing too major. I made a mistake, however, and it was immediately reported to the clinical manager - and definitely blown out of proportion. No harm was done, the patient was not even aware, and the manager acted like I was there to destroy the unit. She gave me three different versions of events, and then acted suspicious when I wasn't able to respond because I couldn't keep up with the stories she was telling me.
In the end, I decided that this wasn't the place for me. The unit seemed very unhappy (my co-workers very rarely smiled and generally ignored each other), the teamwork was lacking, and it seemed to be a very punitive environment. Maybe other units within that hospital or other facilities within the network are different, but I was very disappointed.
The benefits are great if you're not a smoker and you don't mind using Banner network for your healthcare needs. The unit I worked on self-scheduled and did NOT require every other weekend!
If you are an experienced nurse, you have pretty thick skin, and you don't mind working alone, this could really be a great place to work. – less
A well structured organization.
Nuclear Medicine Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2015
Banner Health is an amazing organization which spans several States. The organization is solid in its patient care and direction into the ever changing future of health care. A pleasure to work for.
Work History
Information Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Supportive culture
Cons: To many roles for one person to complete
In my 36 plus years at Banner Good Samaritan/Banner University Medical Center, I was able to do many different functions, and learn multiple different computer applications. I would often become the expert of new applications and then proceed to train new end users.

I worked with a very hardworking team, however in the end my job duties were those of more than one person and my employment was terminated because I could not keep up.
BannerStaffer
Scheduler (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility to be with my family
Cons: you are treated as a "temp" by actual clinics and facilities.
I am currently only a per diem Banner Staffer, I have only been with them for about 6 months. The Office I deal with is the Banner Staffing office and they are all great. Very Professional, nice and easy to communicate with. I scored the benefits and job security low, because as a staffer you are not entitled to benefits and there is no real job security. You are only per diem and some days you work and some days you do not.
Fast-paced workplace while engaging with new employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2015
Pros: scheduling own appointments for employees
Cons: some appointments don't show up
Sending/Receiving emails

Scheduleing employees for oriention, drug screen and training

Sending background checks and creating I-9 records

Learned how to be more efficient and proactive

Management was great

Co-workers were supportive

Hardest part of the job was having to tell people they weren't able to work due to background check results

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how some of the new employees were so excited to being a new job
BEMC
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Wonderful place to work! BEMC is a very supportative environment and I have enjoyed every part of being employed at banner Health hospital.
more to learn about
Good Customer Service and communication (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I really find my self in this field (medical assistance) and I am trying my best to give the best of my experience and to fill up my position as I'm hoping to be one of the first candidates to be called when they have job opening
Banner Health is strong in this type of field, and growing.
Sr Distribution Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: while lunch is not free, our breaks are.
Cons: covering other work loads when one is out.
The work load is various, we work as a team which is learned, it is hard when someone is not on the same page, and I enjoy my work while making a difference.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Salaries