Banner Health Employee Reviews

Good employer
Senior Manager, Volunteer Resources (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2017
Great culture.Workplace culture is focused on the patient experience and exceeding the customer expection. Opportunities for advancement in multiple facilities.
Its a hospital and a college
Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2017
Transitioning from the fast pace and fluid situations of technical startup companies to an academic hospital was a bit of a bumpy road. Everyone was very nice and helpful but still this was a large organization slowly working through a merger and has more administration than leadership. Working as a technical resource instead of a healthcare giver was also awkward in many of the ways training and HR were set up.
Quick
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2017
If you can stay on your feet long hours and bust your butt entire shift and get compensated poorly go for it. No real room for advancement. When they offer you a package deal they take away our hourly by$1.50 an hour.
Banner Lassen in California
Clinical worker (Former Employee) –  Banner LassenApril 26, 2017
This is by far the worst hospital I've worked at as a healthcare professional. The benefits get worse every year. The pay is hardly comparable which would be fine if you were respected the least for your ability to do your job. The human resource department is shadier than a mafia member. But worst of all is the management team. As long as you have a pulse that can sit in a chair you can become a manager. That's all they strive for. Don't let your soul die and take a position here. The only reason I gave 3-stars for job security is because no one wants to work there so your job so we safe.
Pros
A job and able to work with patients.
Cons
Managers, human resources, and adminiatration
Good job
Room Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZApril 26, 2017
Always short on people and alot of favoritism...still a really good place to work with super nice coworkers and really good food choices this place will bring out the good in people.
April 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your experience. I will share your feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

I was nervous about computer work. I did learn a great deal
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2017
I worked on cancer regsitry follow up, I did case finding, looking through pathology reports, I did disease index. I worked 4 10 hour days, 3 of those from home. I enjoyed the case finding and the disease index. I did not enjoy working from home as they were long days without people.
Pros
liked the flexible hours and the PTO
Cons
Did not like working from home
April 26, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback.

Hard working motivated team player that functions well independently and collectively to maintain work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 24, 2017
Clean patient rooms assigned areas with disinfectant cleaners and sanitizes. Work as a member of the environmental service team for safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff. Empty hampers and transport soiled linens. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and notify appropriate personnel for repairs. Respond to questions and requests from patients, staff, and visitors. Exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction
Pros
I like the shift i work on and i like my supervisor
Cons
further away from home than I would I like to be
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

summary
Tele RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 21, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
I worked at Methodist Hospital full-time (More than a year)
Pros
Very comprehensive benefits, flexible hours and very nice people
Cons
Open 24 hours a day, so you might work night shift
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
Banner Health is a great place to work until the budget gets in the way
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1400 S. Dodson Rd. Mesa AZ 85202April 21, 2017
I have been in the culinary industry for 14 years. Nine of those years have been with Banner Health, I have managed up to 35 people with 10-12 direct reports of my own. My duties included PTO management, scheduling, and supervising the safe handling and preparation of food.
Pros
Paid time off, health insurance, discount on food
Cons
corporations have their budget
Independent work environment
Renal and Adult CM (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2017
8hr day. 3-4 home/Dr office or dialysis clinics visits. Learned that continue education kept me current on personal growth, I was required to keep a case load of 80-90 members, our workplace was very relaxed and staff needed to be independent, the hardest part of job was the constant change of management, my most enjoyable part of my job was my patient relationships
Pros
Independent
Cons
Constant change
My summary
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2017
I cleaned the bathroom of the doctors and their gym area, also I cleaned the dock restroom and a couple of office restroom. I also cleaned the employees bathroom and breakroom.
Good Company mission and vision
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Non-profit company with great tradition and employee morale. Work-life balance is great, the employees get flexibility in schedule and can work from home. Senior leadership is excellent, but mid level management is not efficient and lately the organization has lost its customer service focus. Company is expanding too fast and is becoming too lean.
Pros
Work from home, work life balance, benefits
Cons
raise and promotions are very slow
High paced, Work from home
Service Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Helping hospital staff with day to day technical issues. A lot to learn, always something new. High pace so the day goes by quickly. 10 hours days. OT available regularly.
Pros
Work from home, Easy high paced work, Pay and benefits are decent for the type of work, A lot to learn
Cons
Don't feel important, rarely see your colleagues, no team building exercises, Difficult to create work relationships, 2nd level positions are on hold a lot of times making it difficult to advance
Great work environments
SENIOR RN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
Great associates, caring work environment, great place to build your leadership skills and personal development. Great place to work for anyone seeking to work on strong teams.
Pros
Leadership, associates
Demanding Scheduling position
Scheduling Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
The job is very demanding and high stress at times but for me it made my day go by very fast. You can take in anywhere from 40-80 calls a day to schedule medical imaging procedures for all of the Arizona banner outpatient medical imaging facilities.
Pros
fast paced day
Cons
short breaks and slim PTO availability
It is a very professional place to work.
Discharge Call Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Banner. It was my perfect job because I had autonomy and the respect of my manager. I loved connecting with the patients after they were discharged to make sure we provided everything we could to insure a speedy recovery.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
not working from home
Professional and collaborative place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2017
Flexible work hours and able to work from home on occasion, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Director's needs. Learned a great deal as the Directors are willing to include me in their projects. It's a great learning environment. Everyone works as a team, staying in focus with our final outcome.
Good company
Nutrition Rep (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZApril 13, 2017
I started off at the University Medical Center up in Phoenix AZ. I did everything from answering meal order phone calls, to going and taking orders. I now work at Ironwood in San Tan Valley. Smaller hospital I get to help patients more face to face at this smaller Banner Hospital.I enjoy making people happy.If that happens with a brownie, cookie, or even a bowl of broth because they haven't eaten in days. Than I want to stick in food service!
Enviornment seems inviting
Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2017
I enjoy the education you can self sign up for. Management is lacking. The pay and benefits are ok but not great. The management do not consider night shift when making meeting and education.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2017
Great benefits , but not a good work environment. Management are not professional and are micro managing bullies. The company loads more and more on to your workload everyday, unatainable goals.
Pros
benifits, PTO 401
Cons
Managment