Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

ER duties
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 26, 2016
General ER duties, take care of incoming patients, treat as needed, discharge instructions, ready patients for transfer patients to higher level of care

5 CEO's in 5 Years
Pros
busy
Cons
prefer not to answer
Managers are not professional.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
Many unrealistic job expectations. Managers need harassment training. Employment bait and switch tactics. You may be hired for one job, but once hired your job responsibilities are changed over time. They provide no training, no opportunity to move elsewhere in the organization. They systematically harass you and place you on corrective action. Then you are fired!
Case Management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 11, 2016
Management stinks. Very high turnover in the entire department. Everyone (well many) in the dept are looking for other jobs. Benefits and compensation are horrible.

Company doesn't value its employees you are just a number and easily replaceable.
Cons
Fast paced environment and very productive. Great people to work with and always learning new things.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 11, 2016
A typical work day is a 12 hour shift taking care of people that need assistance or temporary relief in breathing easier. I interact with staff/nurses/doctors/management daily regarding any possible change in treatment plans of the patient. I perform routine checks and treatments such as oxygen mixtures and chest physiotherapy on patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients improve after I have helped them and treated them accordingly.
AWFUL-Terrible Company! Management is Worthless & Deceiving
Point of Service Charge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ /Good Sam/ Thunderbird/ EstrellaJune 7, 2016
This company has been the worst I have EVER worked for !! Favoritism is offered to some and not others, family life does not matter, work ethic- you are short staffed and STILL required to DO MORE than what you can possibly do, if not your productivity is "dinged". Work ALL holidays ( never a fair rotating balance) Management/Directors constantly keep negativity and gossip and the back stabbing going around! It is NOT managed or run right all the way around! Not just in one department; through out the company! Retention Rate is repeatedly high! Associates NEVER would stay or recommend this place! People are Rude! HR gets involved in department disputes and then turns away; never resolves the issues! This place is a complete disappointment! I truly thought it would be more about PATIENT AND ASSOCIATE satisfaction and appreciation- it is NOT !!!!! Save your time! Save your stress and go else where! Physicians even leave this company !!!!
Pros
maybe hours and / or flexibility
Cons
Everything Else you can consider
Very good
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 4, 2016
Working at Banner Health was a really good experience. My co-workers were respectful and very understanding. Banner Health was well managed and exciting. The cafeteria food was good as well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Far drive for me
Banner Health Is A Great Company
Emergency and Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2016
I worked at 4 locations during my 8 years with Banner Health. All were excellent places to work.I enjoyed being able to work with professional and dedicated staff members who truly cared about their clients.
Pros
Working with professional staff
Cons
Always busy and not always able to take a break
Excellent Place
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 2, 2016
Banner Health is the excellent place to work , Banner gives you the opportunity to grow in your career and skills . Banner Health give you the excellent patient care , Job satisfaction . I highly recommend this place .
Banner HEalth
Health Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 1, 2016
A great company to work for a solid career in the Health Care Industry. It provides great training and long term employment.
Pros
Great large health Care company that provides tranning and long term employment
Cons
great place to work, and the best benefits
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Banner Desert Medical Center. I worked for them, while I was going to college. I made many great friends there.
Productive & fun place to work & learn
Certified Surgical Technologist Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2016
Community Care College is a great work place. I enjoyed my 3 years of working there very much until I moved out of state or I would probably be there still.
nice people to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
it was very busy and enjoyable place to work. a lot of room to advance with in the company. great benefits. the pay was good.
Large Organization
ED Tech & Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
Banner Health is one of the largest healthcare organizations on the west coast. As a result employees enjoy a wealth of benefits and opportunities for advancement. Significant educational opportunities as well.
12 hour shifts and you choose the days you work
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2016
The 12 hour shifts and the fact that you can submit your preference every month for the schedule you prefer is the reason people choose Banner...A full time position is 36 hours You get a lot of time off and the pay is very good. I am moving so I reluctantly will have to start looking again
Patient Care
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2016
Typical day at work is taking care of patients and making sure they have everything they need.
Learned a lot working in the medical field every month there was some kind of training for us attend to so we can benefit our patients
I became an CPR Instructor while working at Banner Health
Co-workers where fun to work with
Not enough staff to patient census
Being able to help the patient and see them walk out of the hospital.
Pros
Work 3/12's
Cons
Not enough staff
variable workplace as travel rn
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 6, 2016
has motivated and professional staff that work in several high stress and busy Emergency Departments. critical care of patients across all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is leaving your coworkers behind and move on to a new assignment.
Coworkers were friendly and very helpful
COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM TECH (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 6, 2016
I liked working at banner. It is unfortunate that they eliminated my position to reduce costs in the IT department. I learned a lot while I was there and made many good friends.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
learn alot
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2016
working with banner was a place that you could better you self.you would have a chance to grow in the company.i learn how to get along with people .and work with each other .the hard part is cleaning the rooms where there was a lot of blood and parts of bodes .but it was very good place to work in.
Pros
we had breaks
Cons
we had good benefits
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 4, 2016
Fast paced and intense environment with excellent teamwork at all times. Excellent opportunities for extra shifts. New management is supportive.
Company doesn't care about it's employees
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
Banner is all about the bottom line. For a not-for-profit company, they are more concerned about conquering the health care industry than about patient and employee experiences.
Pros
Cons
No recognition for a job well done. No loyalty to long-term employees