Banner Health Employee Reviews

An amazing company with a mission statement everyone at the company believes in
IT Operations Director (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Banner was my second favorite company I have ever worked for. The teams they have assembled are full of amazing and talented people. Teamwork was the essential focus and the work from home policy took the company to a 5 star rating for work life balance. Everyone I encountered no matter if it was the CEO or a janitor at a hospital was friendly and approachable. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking to be a part of something bigger.
Pros
Work from home, staff, leadership, vision
Cons
Things move slow due to size
You get to meet alot of different people
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
You have your rough days when your pt is refusing to let them help you do anything for them and your good days I love going on walks with them the only bad thing that made me look for another job was when I had the pt husband physically attack me they did nothing about it didn't even call and check up on me when I was in the hospital
Pros
Meet new people and make friendships with your clients
Cons
Not getting the help you need
Productive, and very organized place to work.
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work started with coming in, starting up computers, and opening Epic, and Pacs, making sure that all the rooms were clean, and stocked, doing patient intake, verifying allergies, and medications, removing sutures, and staples, along with doing wound care, preparing patients for X-Rays, and removing of casts, labeling products by expiration dates. I also prepared patients charts, allergy, and med lists, and face sheets, made phone calls to verify patient appointments, and pulled charts in order of patients coming in. in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job was the patient care, along with working with doctors, X-Ray Techs, and nurses making sure that patients get the care they need.
Receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206December 15, 2016
As a Front desk receptionist at a behavioral health facility had its good days and bad days. Knowing what you need to do on a daily basis was the great part. The hardest part about that position was always keeping your eyes and ears open to patients and staff. You never knew what kind of day the patients might be having so you had to always be open minded.
Pros
great job and staff was very nice.
Productive Team Environment
Food Service Culinary & Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
There is nothing to say short of an excellent environment where I can grow as a manager and to aspire to even more! It is an awesome work culture of people and employees, a job where it doesn't feel like work through all the compassion that is handed out on a daily basis. The compensation is based not only on your education but life experiences, this company allows for a family life and is almost always willing to work with you & your needs in an understandable manner. The management team pushes themselves to help you succeed and then some! I cannot say enough nor speak enough about the positives here, and I hope that we see more quality people try to apply and move forward with this organization.
Pros
Cons
Alittle micro-managment, but not bad.
Stable Management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2016
Great management team that allows one to work and collaborate as one sees fit. They strove to find the best solutions for issues that would or may appear down the road 3-5 years and not just in 6 months. Staff had some very tenured employees so there was always a wealth of experience to draw from.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Funding for projects, many layers to get projects off the ground
Very busy, fast paced, high turnover
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) @ BUMC-P (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2016
Everyday when you went into work you knew there would be lots of work to be done. I thoroughly loved my job. I wish I could say the same about my department and the management. The lazier you were the better you were treated. Hard workers who did their job (and even more some days) were in the spotlight and punished more so than the half time motivated employees. I didn't work for banner directly, I was a contracted employee. There were so many call outs every day that even on my day off. I would get a phone call asking to cover a shift. It's a fast paced environment and you have to be self motivated or else you will get eaten alive.
Pros
Always overtime, friendly people in other departments.
Cons
Bad management, usual short staffed, use of money (raises)
Great place to start and cotinue
RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206November 1, 2016
Banner Health has been a great place to work.The team and culture to work with is very good. The company is always willing to further education through their own education department. The only set back is working for a non-profit large organization they do not compensate very well. The benefits are expensive and raises are only allocated to a number of people. With the large company you loose that sense of family structure.
Pros
education, stability
Cons
low pay
Family atmosphere at Banner Boswell Medical Center
Medical Imaging Technologist Assistant (CT) (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 29, 2016
I learned a great deal of my knowledge of medical terminology, and imaging procedures from the great team I worked with at Banner Boswell. Collaboration with the nurses and physician in the emergency room to ensure patients recieved their exams in a timely manner. I served as the "right hand girl" for the CT supervisor. Assisting with everything from coffee runs to quarterly inventory. I really enjoyed my job.
great place to start
RN (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 13, 2016
A great place to start a hospital career. Hard to advance in the company as you are required to stay in your current position 1 year and they don't make exceptions at all even though they say they may be able to help they don't. Co-workers are great and helpful and management does care about helping you.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
hard to advance your career in the direction you want to go.
Productive, excellent colleague and support staff.
Psych Nurse Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 23, 2016
Lots of variety, worked pool and was on all the units, i.e., I have extensive successful experience in Behavioral Health Inpatient Nursing, including but not limited to: Dual Diagnosis, Adult Locked Psych, Chemical Dependency/Detox/Rehab, Adolescent Units with excellent references.
Pros
Variety, colleagues, management, pay
Cons
Provides excellent care for patients.
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 1, 2016
I was trusted and enabled to greatly improve the environment of care in all aspects to include safety and security for psych patients, infrastructure including wall finishes, electrical and backup power, lighting, furniture, flooring, doors and hardware, windows, plumbing, landscaping, and recreation. I worked contracted and worked with many vendors.

I learned every aspect of The Joint Commission accreditation requirements and fire and life safety. Maintained budget and managed one of Banner's Best teams achieving a perfect 5 score for my department for a Press Gainey survey.

I enjoyed making improvements in every way possible and seeing the results. Often heard positive comments outside of the facility from caregivers or parents that had someone in our hospital.
Good pay, poor leadership
Securtiy Officer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 6, 2016
Good darting pay, and great benefits. Has poor leadership, and lack of employee appreciation. Very high turn over rate of employment. The leadership is not supportive, and their is a very high rate of attrition of skilled staff.
Pros
Pay, and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, not supportive, tenedency to focus on negative aspects, resistant to change
Fasted paste enviroment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 6, 2016
Working at Banner was great. Working with different patients and learning different things on a regular basis. Was always busy and everyone was great working as a team. Everyone was always asking if we needed anything. They always made sure we were happy with our job and always worked with us in any area of our life. Loved working with the patients as well as the other co-workers.
Pros
Discount on lunches and flexibility with hours
Cons
had to travel
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician III - Med History Tech. (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 19, 2016
the manager of the pharmacy technicians at this hospital is two faced and waits until something becomes a huge problem before even addressing things. She is clicky with certain technicians and if those techs dont like you she will believe every word they say about you and wont listen to your side. I had to even go over her head to get my log ins 4-5 weeks after my start date because she never put in the request. No real training, the pharmacist who runs the med history program never talks to anyone, wont even make eye contact. They constantly pull you from med history to fill in down in the inpatient pharmacy because the manager doesnt fire people for exessive call outs so dont plan on doing much med history. The tecnicians themselves are untrustworthy, and rude. Several show up to work high. The pharmacists are all rude.
Cons
Fast paced and challenging environment where growth is encouraged
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 1, 2016
Very fast paced environment, if looking for a challenge then this is a great place to start! Excellent care for patients is expected and encouraged while creating a fulfilling atmosphere for employees and safe environment for patients. Hard work but overall a good opportunity for growth and personal development through patient care.
Small Town=Low Pay
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Brush, COOctober 16, 2016
Banner does not give raises at EMCH. There are a lot of other duties that will be given and not compensated correctly for because it is a small hospital. You work hard and get paid less out here compared to bigger facilities. The General Doctors are awesome! As well as the Podiatrist! The O.R staff makes it a fun working environment.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Low pay
Great
Scheduler/PFS Rep (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 16, 2016
Banner is very good to their employees and have excellent service towards their patients. Banner is a excellent company to work for I enjoy waking up in the morning to come to work every day. The management team is very great they have excellent leardship skills. I have learns how to schedule patients, check patients in and fill out paper work, scan paper work. The co-workers that i have met at banner are also excellent and welcoming to new employees
Letters behind your name are more important than experience.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2016
Was a great place to work before new management thought it was a great idea to eliminate LPNS from med surg in 2012 and fill the void with BSNs. I still keep in touch with several RNS who still work there and they say it's never been worse.
Pros
Cons
Decision makers are to far removed from where the rubber meets the road.
Staff is very supportive of one another
CASE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 6, 2016
Very relaxed work environment with supportive colleagues. Great work life balance, they understand that things come up! Management is very willing to help and not afraid to get involved. Team environment that is very willing to help each other out. Hardest part of the job is lack of natural light inside the building - but they encourage taking breaks outside.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
no natural light in work area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.