Banner Health Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 26, 2017
I really enjoy the working environment and enjoy working around people who are good at their jobs. I think that Banner treats their employees with respect and are straightforward.
Amazing leadership
RN Quality Analyst/Clinical Abstraction Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 25, 2017
I've been with Banner over four years and work with absolutely the best team and leadership I've ever experienced. It's truly an honor and been one of the biggest blessings of my life.
I'm treated as a professional and respected for my knowledge and contributions -- no micromanagement here!
The only hard part about the job is that it involves a great deal of sitting and computer work (so your eyes get tired quickly) but I've learned to mitigate those issues. On the flip-side, the work-life balance is what truly wins it for this job and employer.
Pros
Phenomenal Leadership
Cons
eye fatigue
May 26, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as a member of our Banner Health Team!

A great place to learn, grow and make a difference.
PFS Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 25, 2017
Never a dull moment here, if you like a fast paced fun environment this is the place. Employees are friendly and generally care about each other and they care about the patients. My management team is very supportive and set a good example for the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people, which can also be the hardest part of the job.

Best Job I've Ever Had
Human Resources Technician & Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
Working for Banner Health was the Best Job I've Ever Had. Was beyond a pleasure and would go back in a heart beat if given the opportunity. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
May 26, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Job Advancment
Child Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYMay 24, 2017
Banner Health really does promote from within, something I experienced personally.
I was educated to be the best "Leader" I could be, this in turn created a team-like atmosphere. Much more pleasant when everyone is working together.
May 26, 2017

Good work life balance but lots of changes
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2017
Good work life balance but lots of changes due to multiple buyouts. Upper management continually changing. Think there is room for growth and they do support a positive work/life balance.
May 26, 2017

Over all Banner has been good to me and my family
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 23, 2017
Log on computer and start work for the day. Check for any tasks assigned for that day and complete before or when needed.
Using ITIL with Service Now.
Over all my direct Management was very supportive.
When I started it was family first and moved to Business first Corp model.
Changing of Culture to Corp.
There are a lot of good professional people with Banner and I have been privileged to work with them
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Corp Work Culture
May 26, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team! We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

Evolving healthcare model and Imagine journey
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 22, 2017
Banner is a leader in the healthcare world and is constantly paving the way for other companies to follow suit. The current model is transitioning to the Imagine journey and the anticipation grows awaiting the unveiling of the model.
May 23, 2017

Fast paced enviroment
Pfs rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 22, 2017
banner health is a very fast paced enviroment. You have to always be on alert wth everything that you do. Patient care is a must! Compassion and a helping attitude is always needed.
May 26, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great!

Banner
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 20, 2017
Banner should stop buying hospitals and give their employees a raise, it's hard to keep good people when you fire the good ones and hire new grads all the time
Pros
Its close
Cons
Its banner
May 23, 2017

We are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

love working for banner health
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
in the short time of employment at banner health, my experience was great. management and the workplace was very pleasant and i always looked forward to working each day. i would highly recommend banner health to anyone
May 20, 2017

We are happy to hear that you a good experience during your time with Banner Health. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with the EVS leadership team.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
Supportive management and staff. Very busy hospital provides the chance to see many different types of patients. The staff in work well together so even when its busy its enjoyable.
May 20, 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your experience and for being part of the Banner Health team. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

Enjoyed the Company
Biomedical Policy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 16, 2017
Nice workplace overall. Worked in Clinical Engineering at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, great workplace, though internal communications weren't always clear.

Manager's leadership was, IMHO sub-par. Would recommend accepting a position, if asked.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Communications and leadership issues
May 17, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Banner Health
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 16, 2017
If you’re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in seven western states, we’re committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
May 17, 2017

Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team! We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review.

Great Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2017
I would report to my supervisor for that assignment. they would explain what department I would be working with. And from there introduce me to my team. Great work environment.

New Hire
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2017
Newly hired, love the department I work in and appreciate the benefits and support you receive from everyone. I was only hired a few months ago, in these few months I have seen more employees let go because of "restructure"
May 16, 2017

Welcome to the Banner Health team. Thank you for your review. Feel free to email us at employment@bannerhealth.com if you would like to discuss Banner's Transformation.

Good place to start
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202May 15, 2017
I have enjoyed the experience I have gained from working at Banner Health. Gaining experience in the OR has benefited me in furthering my education. I am thankful for everyone I have met along the way and who have helped me in my education.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay, benefits

Great company
Chemistry Technical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2017
Banner health is one of the unified system to work for, great workplace culture. pay not so much, good career ladder projects and leadership promotion.
Pros
life and work balance. alot of work activities.
Cons
low compensation
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Enjoyed working with the client
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is preparing the meals for the client, and giving baths and doing the laundry. Making sure everything was done before I left. The client was nice and was a joy to talk to. The hardiest part of the job was when the client passed away.
Pros
Ejoy working with the people
Cons
Boss wasn't understanding
May 15, 2017

Better than some not as bad as others
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2017
Normal political games budget is always bottom line.
Older equipment. Cutbacks on staffing and supplies. . Monitors not compatible from one are to another.
Pros
Bagels every fri. Acknowledge individuals birthdays
Cons
Hours not guaranteed
May 15, 2017

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.