Banner Health Employee Reviews

Great Place Great People
Sr. Manager then Director, Formulation Development (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Broad spectrum of opportunities to learn and grow. Friendly and professional work environment. Great HR support. Competitive salaries. Unique place to live and enjoy the city.
You get to meet alot of different people
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
You have your rough days when your pt is refusing to let them help you do anything for them and your good days I love going on walks with them the only bad thing that made me look for another job was when I had the pt husband physically attack me they did nothing about it didn't even call and check up on me when I was in the hospital
Pros
Meet new people and make friendships with your clients
Cons
Not getting the help you need
Wonderful organization to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this organization and would still be there but my mother passed away and I had to move to take care of elderly father.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Commute time
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2017
As with any hospital setting, days can vary drastically. This depends on many factors including patient load, patient acuity, and staffing. I really did learn a lot at this job and would return to this place of employment.
N/a
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Banner is a great company to work for. It has given me tons of experience thus far. I would recommend for anyone who is really trying to advance their careers.
Productive Team Environment
Food Service Culinary & Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
There is nothing to say short of an excellent environment where I can grow as a manager and to aspire to even more! It is an awesome work culture of people and employees, a job where it doesn't feel like work through all the compassion that is handed out on a daily basis. The compensation is based not only on your education but life experiences, this company allows for a family life and is almost always willing to work with you & your needs in an understandable manner. The management team pushes themselves to help you succeed and then some! I cannot say enough nor speak enough about the positives here, and I hope that we see more quality people try to apply and move forward with this organization.
Pros
Cons
Alittle micro-managment, but not bad.
certified nursing assistant
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Banner is a good company to work for. They have a lot of advancement to grow within the banner company with student reimbursment free training program i loved working for banner
It's a good way to get your foot in the door in a hospital setting
Culinary Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Overall I think Banner Health is a great opportunity, but I currently work in Culinary & it has horrible management they don't know how to treat employees with respect..
Unbalance job duties, terrible supervisor, low pay
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2017
Supervisor threat employee that they will get fired just because employee want to find a better position suitable with school schedule.
Job duties are not balanced to employee.
Pros
Cons
Short break, under paid, terrible supervisor
Love my co workers
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2016
I enjoy who I work with and the patients I care for. the management team is amazing and full of support . This company is caring, respectful and attentive
Banner Health
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
Banner has provided me an opportunity for the last 13 years to become more knowledgeable in my career and I truly appreciate the experience I have had working with Banner and my patients.
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2016
very good work place management could be better i did learn alot nice co workers for the most part very busy never a dull moment could use better structure
Biomed in a hospital is a great job
Biomed Tech II (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 26, 2016
Banner overall was great to work for. Didn't like some of the PTO policies overlapping mandatory holidays off but overall great leadership and work environment.
Pros
Co-workers and leadership
Benefits
low pay and waste time
pharmacy (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 23, 2016
low pay and no growth, co-workers are unkind and prejudice and very hard to get a long with other and never enjoy working there.
Productive, excellent colleague and support staff.
Psych Nurse Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 23, 2016
Lots of variety, worked pool and was on all the units, i.e., I have extensive successful experience in Behavioral Health Inpatient Nursing, including but not limited to: Dual Diagnosis, Adult Locked Psych, Chemical Dependency/Detox/Rehab, Adolescent Units with excellent references.
Pros
Variety, colleagues, management, pay
Great!
PFS Rep (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 23, 2016
Great place to work and wish that I could go back. Fun place to work with great people and great benefits! Just long hours sometimes.
Strong ethics
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2016
For the most part, a good place to work.
Teamwork among Admin Assist staff.
Company as a whole has a strong desire to help the community.
not a good company
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 21, 2016
I work at banner and have for 3 years the pay is average and the leadership only cares about corporate measures, would not recommend
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician III - Med History Tech. (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZDecember 19, 2016
the manager of the pharmacy technicians at this hospital is two faced and waits until something becomes a huge problem before even addressing things. She is clicky with certain technicians and if those techs dont like you she will believe every word they say about you and wont listen to your side. I had to even go over her head to get my log ins 4-5 weeks after my start date because she never put in the request. No real training, the pharmacist who runs the med history program never talks to anyone, wont even make eye contact. They constantly pull you from med history to fill in down in the inpatient pharmacy because the manager doesnt fire people for exessive call outs so dont plan on doing much med history. The tecnicians themselves are untrustworthy, and rude. Several show up to work high. The pharmacists are all rude.
Good beginning of career
ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 16, 2016
Great starting positions, and to build your knowledge and skills, but it gets repetitive and can lead to stagnation. Pay is marginal at best, but great new grad programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.