Banner Health Employee Reviews

The people are nice to work with
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working with to people I met. They made me look forward to going to work. We worked when we needed to work and helped each other out.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Very high stress, fast paced and high level of knowledge is needed.
October 16, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

fast paced
Operating Room Specialty Technician (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 13, 2017
fast paced but little advancement if you don't have a degree. Nurses are snobby.
very big lack of communication in the operating room. Always confusing. Workers who were lazy were given room to be lazy while those that work hard had to work harder to compensate
October 17, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Productive work environment
BHT PRN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2017
Learned how to communicate with patients who are going through recovery process of an addiction
consoled patients who where angry sad and depressed
Management was a little bit disconnected
workplace culture was diverse
The hardest part of the job was having to stay awake while sitting with patients at night
the most enjoyable part of the job is i scheduled myself and worked the hours i chose to work
October 16, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

friendly environment
Field and Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ 85297October 11, 2017
started the day in the office, but then could go home to continue receiving triage calls. often assisted with projects. rewarding and challenging. autonomous. educational.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
needed standing orders

Productive and worthwhile.
Denial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Great manager. Great Director. Supervisor was new to the position.
Nice people to work with in dept. Manager was a super person.
Supervisor very knowledgeable. Learned a great deal about Microsoft word and excel. Wrote letters to Medicaid recipients explaining the denial of authorizations.
Hours 8-5 during rush hour traffic. N
Pros
Bought lunches when allowed in budget. Fun events.
Cons
Have to put in for holidays like hospital employees. Injections.

Bht
Behavioral Health Specialist Resource team (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2017
Banner is a wonderful place to work and the staff is magnificent. I have worked in this field a long time and for the most part the place is organized.
Pros
Central location
Cons
N/a
October 16, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great! Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team!

Very calm and balanced.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 9, 2017
The workers were nice, worked as a team to help get things done. Working evening shift was calm and not as fast paced, night shifts were quiet and calm as well. Good place to work.

Administrative Support-Contract (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2017
If this is anonymously,NEVER included with your job applications, why do I need to complete?
A typical day at work, fair. what I learned management wasn't sincere, workplace culture,cold. the hardest part of the job, nothing the most enjoyable part of the job, pay check
Pros
paycheck
Cons
location
October 16, 2017

Leaving a review is always voluntary. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Fun slow paced work environment
Multi Modality Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COOctober 8, 2017
Enjoy working here, slow paced facility on the Eastern plains. My manager is phenomenal but the pay is definately underpaid. The call pay is not fair.
Cons
no full time position available

Staffing Services
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2017
They always call you before your shift to let you know if you will be working. There is always someone available from Staffing to call for any reason.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
No medical benefits.
October 16, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Its a job
Nutrition Representative (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 7, 2017
Banner as a company isn't the greatest. It's a job. Pays the bills. Im really just tired of the hospital setting and food service, and need to be closer to home with my kids. Not every company works well for everyone. I'm sure there are people happy with banner.
October 16, 2017

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Poor Management direction
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 6, 2017
Banner does not know which way it wants to go as a company and hence management does not know which way to direct employees and their work efforts. Over expansion and unsure on where they want to be in the marketplace leaves them prone to layoffs and poor performance
Pros
slower paced work environment
Cons
No management direction
October 16, 2017

Your just another number (employee). Favoritism is key.
Patient Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2017
Management looks and treats you like your no importance to them. Your just a waste of their time. They treat a few employees nice the ones they choose. Favoritism is very noticeable.
Pros
provides free coffee.
Cons
No communication w/Management.
October 6, 2017

Decent place to work, low salary and average benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Longevity is easy to attain if you play by the rules, although there is very high turnover mostly thanks to compensation/benefits which is average to low compared to the nation's healthcare average.

Great place to work!
INTAKE SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 3, 2017
Banner is a great place to work with good benefits and competitive wages. They are willing to work with you and your schedule in which 5 8's or 4 10's work best for you.
October 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and agree that Banner offers a variety of employment options that allow your career to fit your life!

Went from 3 days a week to 1 day aweek.
HIMS Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 3, 2017
Just thought they would be more consistent and they do not listen to your needs. They just put you where they want you. You try to give them a schedule and they do not follow it.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Unrelatable
October 5, 2017

Nice work place , good staff and enjoyed working.
Invasive Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
I had a good working environment and also a good work life balance. I had to leave the job and take up travel for a short time due to personal reasons.

Company needs an overhaul
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2017
Employees are micromanaged. Managers have no authority. PTO policy sounds good but new hires are not told it includes vacation, sick & holiday. Expect regular layoffs.

Worst Job Ever
PFC (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 28, 2017
Typical day consists of being told to get on the phone, phone calls were coming in but I would be checking in a Patient, Manager did not care, she wanted to have phones answered asap to keep her numbers down. Never in my life I had been written up, but was at this job.....HATED THIS JOB, worse time of my life. Everyone I share my experience with says I should have talked to past employees, including my daughter that is a PA before I took the job. People leaving and making the front desk short, but we would get in trouble not being 100%, but we did not have enough staff to cover so we were drowning and I tried so hard to deal with the patient in front of me and was told to answer the phone, leave my patient standing and late for their appt.. That is why I was written up......didn't meet the goals on the phone when I was to be helping the patients. Again, worst job I have had in 24 years.....would rather pick up trash on the road than work for Banner!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pto
October 1, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

Encouraging Place to Work
Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Banner Gateway works as team. Each nurse and staff member is always willing to answer questions and help out anyone who needs it. The atmosphere at Banner Gateway is uplifting and encouraging.
Pros
encouraging, educational
October 1, 2017

Thank you for being a member of the Banner Health team. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.