Banner Health Employee Reviews

high stress but rewarding
Health Unit Secretary/Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2017
This position requires problem solving abilities as well as the ability to multitask. Caring for patients and making sure there are enough caretakers is very rewarding.
a difficult place to work
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 24, 2017
I would avoid if possible. Made to feel extremely replaceable. Very cut throat. Back stabbing was encouraged. Felt like a number and not an valued employee
great place to work
Resource Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 24, 2017
Banner does really well with training and making sure their employees continue their education. The culture is great and the management in the resource department want to see you succeed.
Nobody knows if what theyre doing is the right thing, because the constant changes
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2017
Very unstable people abd processes. Job is not secure for employees there. CTP is just a good legal excuse to fire you!
Leadership affraid for competition with new employees. No career advancement due to this.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Unstable environment
Very disappointed with the non acceptance of new employees
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  University medical centerJuly 23, 2017
Management showed one side prior to being hired and led me to believe how positive and awesome it would be to work at the facility I work at. Unfortunately it was completely opposite and the team is very judgmental. The managers are very clicky with the staff and never even gave me a chance to shine. If you want to not have autonomy or given the opportunity to excel then this is the place for you. Best advice is keep your mouth shut and do whatever they tell you if you want to keep your job.
Pros
Surgeons
July 24, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Great Company to Work For.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 23, 2017
Banner Health was a great company to work for. My immediate leadership was flexible with scheduling; allowing me attend class and earn an advanced degree. At the time of my employment Banner Health offered tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Banner Health.
July 24, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health.

Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 22, 2017
I would not recommend Banner as a place of employment. It is management centric with to support to support staff. Much is required with no adequate tools to succeed
July 24, 2017

Banner has gone corporate in the the worst ways
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 22, 2017
I started with banner about ten years ago. In that time, they have gone from a small almost family-fee business to a corporate giant. Supervisors, managers, and long time directors are being "consolidated" and terminated at an alarming pace. This all adds to a state of wondering "who's next." I don't recommend them
Pros
Great Medical/ Dental Benefits
July 24, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss your concerns.

Unbalanced work distribution
RN Risk Management Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
New staff was given the majority of the work while the more seasoned staff sat back. Department went through a reorganization which was very stressful.
Pros
Enjoyed the type of work.
Cons
Lack of leadership
July 24, 2017

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Highly productive
RN (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 21, 2017
Banner has many location and opportunities to work in various places and hours and shifts. I feel they underpay their employees and it isnt too hard yo be fired. Management in our dept is grest but if its not then watch out
Pros
Cafeteria open in middle of night
Benefits
July 24, 2017

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

Want to know more about Banner Health?

Ask a question
Typical Day
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2017
Our OR was a 10 room(45-50cases per day) department including Ortho/Spine, General, GYN,Urology, Plastics and Robotics.There was a very diverse staff and a strong culture of patient safety. There was a strong shared leadership component which was supported by management. I was sad to leave my position there. I was a great place to work, learn and grow.
July 24, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. You can view all of our great job opportunities at www.bannerhealth.com/careers.

Great people, poor compensation
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  AZJuly 20, 2017
The people I worked with were great. Loved my job. The down fall is Banner is NOT competitive in the pay. Look around before you apply, the pay is better elsewhere.
July 24, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Very prdouctive work place
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 20, 2017
I like working at Banner Health Queen creek. It's close to my home and we have fun. We have dress up days and do a lot of activities. The management team and providers are caring and are always keeping us motivated and show us we are appreciated.
July 20, 2017

We are so happy to hear this feedback about your work environment here at Banner Health. Thank you for sharing and being part of the team!

My experience at Banner
Imaging Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banner BaywoodJuly 19, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. Over all 10/10 would recommend. We normally start off with a daily brief then get started with the day. Management was good and super helpful with all my questions.
July 20, 2017

Your review made our day! Thank you for sharing your experience as part of the team here at Banner Health!

great company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85308July 19, 2017
Great company to work for
Great team work
good management
great co workers
lots to learn here
July 20, 2017

Thank you being part of the Banner Health team!. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

its ok
RN (Current Employee) –  AZJuly 19, 2017
its ok. not stellar. frequent changes and turnover. some management is excellent. lack of communication about changes. love the networking ability, dislike accountability requirements across the board

Bmg- team work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Working with Banner Health is a fun and welcoming practice. Patient care is the goal and treating patient as if they were family, Being able to make a difference in peoples life is a great feeling.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for being part of our Banner Health team! We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

great Hospital to work for
TRAVELING NURSE DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
I worked at this hospital through an agency; however it was a great place to work at. Great compensation. I think this is a great hospital to work for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too busy
July 17, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Banner is a large organization that pays on the lower end of pay scale.
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
Banner pay is slightly lower than most hospitals - they state they pay lower because they have higher staffing ratios (Banner does staff well) equipment is good, benefits are not as good as they used to be (medical is costly) but their paid time off was generous. Culture is of conformity - they want all sites to follow the same procedures as the others. Banner is very good to promote their own to management and does a great job talent mapping.
July 14, 2017

Patient financial service
PATIENT FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
Fast paced job in the emergency room. Going room o room talking to patients and families about their insurance benefits and collecting payment for services
July 13, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.