Banner Health Employee Review

View all Banner Health reviews

Independent and responsible work environment
HIMS Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Working at Banner Estrella I worked alone most hours and days due to my position. My duties were to keep the hospital functioning smoothly at all times while performing my duties of scanning and constantly updating the EHR. I was responsible for all aspects of medical records as well as other duties such at physician assistance, customer service of inside and outside issues, setting up physician transcription as well as various other duties.

Co-workers were always team players to keep hospital functioning and patients happy.

The hardest part of my job was being alone most of the time. It was my responsibility to find solutions to problems as quickly as I could to ensure excellent patient care.

Even though my duties were numerous I did enjoy working independently.
Pros
Working four 10 hour days getting 3 days off
Cons
Working every weekend and always working special holidays

Other Banner Health Employee Reviews

Time and labor Intensive
Director of Perioperative Services (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 20, 2017
Changes are very rapid paced which requires additional hours to commit to ensuring the best method of implementation for the team. There typically are many changes occurring at the same time.
Pros
Opportunity for transferring, Challenging
Cons
Does not prioritize human capital needs
re-organization led to negative work environment
Case Management (Current Employee) –  GlendaleNovember 19, 2017
overall Banner is a decent company if you can deal with corporate handing down mandates with little forethought for how that affects employees. incredibly negative department with unprepared management
Pros
4 day work week, benefits quicly upon hire
Cons
negativity, high work load, little support, low pay for credentialing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.