Banner Health

Banner Health Employee Reviews

Steady work flow
Patient Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 5, 2016
Great place to work at. Learned to understand health insurance claims and how to process them properly. Awesome team working environment.
Growing too fast
RN (Current Employee) –  AZFebruary 3, 2016
Growing too fast and losing sight of what's really important...Bedside nurses, aides and ancillary staff! Too much focus on the bottom dollar. Sr leadership is not visible or accessible.
Positive and helpful
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked for Banner here in Tucson for the last year as that is when Banner merged with U of A Healthcare. I have worked for the hospital since 2007, and I have learned so much from other coders, supervisors, and the management. Great place to work and learn.
Negative enviorment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEJanuary 26, 2016
Always short staffed. Rude coworkers. Could never count on the manager/boss to be there when they were needed. Boss always seamed to need to be gone.
Banner Health gave the opportunity to meet and assit many wonderful people and provided a great team atmosphere.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 26, 2016
Greeting the customer/patients and helping them feel like all their concerns would be taken care of was the beginning. . . lots of smiles and assurances. The hardest part of the job was being focused on the patient and at the same time, being focused on all the electronic demands , coming from the insurance companies, management and other departments within the system.
Pros
weekends off, free lunches now and then, clean\pleasant environment
Cons
constantly changing expectations
I enjoyed my 13 years with ESD.
BAI Finance Manager/Grants Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Like every place nothing is perfect, but the 13 years I spent with ESD I learned a lot gained in my own strengths. When I first started I had a Fiscal Officer that encouraged me to take on what ever I felt I could succeed in; this prompted me to get into grant management. This is what I have been doing exclusively for the past 15 years.
lost interest in food industry
Culinary Associate (Former Employee) –  1111 E McDowell RdJanuary 20, 2016
+Looking for a career change out of the food industry. I would still like to remain in customer service and serving the public. I love the outdoors and would love to be involved in the industry.
Pros
great customer service and interaction, paid time off, routine schedule
Cons
Policy and Procedures are not followed on a daily basis
Great Place to Work
Sr. Disability Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2016
I liked working here. Unfortunately, our department closed. Because all STD/LTD and FMLA claims outsourced to another company. Would have liked to stayed with company.
Pros
Employee Recognition
Cons
Far commute at the time.
Great Team
project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2016
This was a great team experience. The willingness to assist with questions and share information was wonderful. The colleagues are great. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of change involved with an alignment project.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Ethical environment
Certified Nursing Assistant-FT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Enjoyed state of the art technology & equipment it made my job easier. The people were great to work with however, a few departments didn't see eye to eye in work ethics and team work patient ratio assignments.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of team work in certain areas
Great place to work!
Placement/Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2016
Nice organization. Upper management very communicative and keeps employees informed of pertinent events. Great co-workers.
Horrible place to work, stay away from banner
EVS Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2016
I worked at this hospital and it is the worst place I have ever worked. The management is inexperienced and ridiculous, they don't know what they are doing, the company does not value there employees and the pay is an insult and a joke. Banners staffing agency is one of the biggest reason they are a joke, because of the agency they don't care about the permanent employees you are just a number and you can and will be replaced. You will only be valued if you are a doctor or nurse everyone else is insignificant. NO opportunity for advancement if you value yourself STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE OF A HOSPITAL AND EMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT, ADVANCEMENT
enjoy my work, love the nurses.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2016
I am in charge of cleaning and keeping every thing stocked. I've learned many things there like time management. The management at this Banner is very poor, because they don't give me enough help, and not enough supplies. All of my co-workers are very nice. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep my floor up to standards all by myself. My most enjoyable part of work would be the patients, nurses, and family members.
Pros
pay
Cons
NO breaks, dont get to eat lunch, do the floor by myself
Fun and rewarding work environment
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2016
Cardiac Rehab is a very fun and rewarding work environment. Education is so important for the general public and to help reduce hospitalizations.
Great place to start your career in medical.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2015
was easy to work for and gave you all the tools to succeed. place you in your area and put you to work as much as you can handle. great staff.
Pros
everything, pay, hours, management
Excellent
RN Travel CVICU (Current Employee) –  Banner Heart Phoenix AZDecember 31, 2015
The orientation was very good. There is never a doubt about the mission statement. I love that the patients always come first.
The people are wonderful, supportive and the doctors are amazingly, responsive and receptive.
Fun place to work and learn
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZDecember 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing people be so thankful and happy to get back to there everyday lives after recieving excellent physical therapy treatments
Pros
Great food, flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication between providers
Excellent learing environment
BSS Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2015
Great place to work, the team I was working with was one of the best I've ever been on, and the team management was exceptional. I didn't want to leave, but financial circumstances forced my hand.
ER Tech
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2015
Assist in the daily operations in the ER. Assist the ER nursing staff with duties assigned. Restock and maintain cleanliness in all ER patient rooms. Assist with care of patients presenting to the ER.
It's Ok. It has its pros and cons like anywhere else.
Phlebotomist / Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
It's ok. Standard work place relationships. Women can be catty, poor choices by management, and an overwhelming lack of trust in management Reaching out for much needed help from HR left me feeling unsupported and discriminated against.

I feel like the organization does take advantage of the employees that are doing the work out in the field. The field workers are the ones brining in the 'product' with results in the income. The field workers are not rewarded (compensated) for the life 'blood' they feed the machine.

The best part of the job is the interaction with the patients. That is my reward. I have to assure that I reward myself because another person will not.

I need to often remind myself that I have a job, benefits, fixed hours and that I am there to help others through a less than desirable procedure. Now if only I made a liveable wage.
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
low wages