Banner Health

Banner Health Employee Reviews

Helping atmosphere for the people needing referrals or speak to doctors
Customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2015
Processing calls for the different Banner Hospitals in the Phoenix valley. I learned to do class rosters for the classes for child birth etc. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone that needed our help.
Lead Encapsulation Technician (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 15, 2015
Day consisted of quality control, soft gel manufacturing, collaborating with coworkers for daily job duties.Remainder consisted of updating supervisor.
Very Busy, ALWAYS!
RN (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZMay 15, 2015
Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 14, 2015
Was able to learn food preparations of patients with special diet orders, also provide excellent customer service, manager Teresa was very helpful with communication to employees about patient concerns.
Good job
Project Manager (Former Employee), Olds, IAMay 13, 2015
It was an excellent learning opportunity. Management was very helpful and co-workers very friendly. The most enjoyable part of my Job was the location.
Excellent company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZMay 11, 2015
Banner Health is a patient driven company with a strong support structure for their employees. Great benefits for full-time employees.
A good place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good team work & help with ORA"s with the rooms.
Cons: To many total joint cases done in one day blocks
Typical day would be a room assignment or a block with one surgeon. You could scrub 4-8 cases depending on the kind of cases scrubbed. I learned to scrub all kinds of cases. Good team work, & good coworkers. . The most enjoyable was some of the nurses were great to work with & very good ORA workers there to help clean & set up the rooms.
Pediatric Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fallon, NVMay 5, 2015
Pros: Working with great doctors, co-workers and patients
Cons: giving Injections becasue it would make the kids cry
Fast pace working environment. Worked well with co-workers. Assistant physician with Exams and procedures. Administration of medication and immunizations. Charting in EMR and WebIZ. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my patients.
Banner Greeley
RN, Ortho/Neuro/Surgical (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 5, 2015
NCMC was an excellent place to work. When we moved out of state, I was sad to leave my job there. I had worked on the ortho/surgical/neuro floor and the transitional care unit. Both were excellent places to be.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: nursing is nursing
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is a great place to work. Autonomy as a professional with close, comfortable communication with physicians. A fun place to work for your whole career.
Average place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: An environment where you can help others.
Cons: Best staff are moving on to other health care companies
Worked at Behavioral health Scottsdale fort several years. Some very dedicated nurses and doctors. The last few years the better doctors, nurses and support staff have moved on. The worst doctors have been embraced, and with so much new staff the hospital is in disawray.
banner
Environmental service worker (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 28, 2015
Its a great place to work and grow. you greet new people. I meet a lot of people at the hospital. i enjoyed working. i was a house keeper, and learned how to work with people that speak different personalities. the hardest part was the management.
Long time employee of environmental services
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2015
Pros: Pride in a job well done, complimented frequetly by staff working in my assigned areas
Cons: work load was very high for idividual in this area.
I was an employee of Good Samaritan for several years, my job duties changed considerably over the years. We had three full time housekeepers in the imaging department when I started over the years there were less people and more duties added. The last assignment I had was to clean up to 6 patient rooms and then the majority of the medical imaging department 5 evenings a week.
I met alot of nice people working on the floors and in the imaging departments and made lasting friendships, which is what I miss most working here. I was a hard worker rarely taking breaks and tried to make sure all areas that the patients saw on a daily basis were as clean as I could make them. When patients waiting for tests or to go back to their rooms, if they needed assistance I would help them if I could, or get the proper staff for assistance.
Banner is a excellent place to work and learn
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to develop patient skills
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Banner offers an excellent environment to learn and develop your patient care skills. The staff offers a friendly environment while allowing the ease and ability to utilize resources.
It is what it is.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Right here.April 12, 2015
It's not bad, but it could be better. Frustrating workplace but decent benefits. Some flexibility with hours. No room for advancement.
Loved the people I worked with.
Clinical Manager & Staff nurse (Former Employee), Mesa,AZApril 7, 2015
Management is lagging behind with all tasks. Test I took in November I scored 80%, was not told until March that I failed, needed a 85%.
Rigid workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Long commute.
Answered phone inquiries daily and made arrangements for payment of outstanding medical bills. Referred potentially eligible people for assistance with payment of outstanding medical bills.
A terrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: nothing anymore
Cons: almost everything other than co workers that generally care about patients.
Banner health used to be good. I don't understand how the reviews on here are so positive. Perhaps people don't know better, or were in upper management positions?

The problem is upper management, its all about money, and bottom line. Corporate does not care about employees at all. Benefits are more expensive and less covering than working at Walmart full time. This is not a joke. benefits for family coverage went from $50 per pay period to over $300 in last 3 years. My raises simply went to covering benefit increases.

Before my last 3 raises and benefit increases, we were on a pay freeze, meaning, I take home the same amount of money I took home 5 years ago, and this is the same for many banner employees.

They expect you to continue to perform work at a grade A level, but pay you as a grade D employee. While there are some great people who work there, this company is going down hill fast.

I have been in senior meetings with Directors complaining to upper management that salaries suck and they are loosing good employees, whats sad is there response "we just have to deal with it until we own all the healthcare in Arizona so we don't have competition"

Can't wait till this company has a huge drop in patient care and upper management gets there heads out of the clouds and gets back to reality.
Profession friendly environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Susanville, CaMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work. very professional and lots of learning expeierence. Would reccmoned job to others. Nice freindly people and very thoughtful environment.
Watch Your Back...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix (BUMCP)March 30, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Patient Care, Prestigious Organization
Cons: Punitive Environment, Unhappy Workplace, Ineffective Management
The company seems great: they preach reducing their environmental impact, providing excellent patient care, and being team players. I think they really believe in these values. I found, however, that the unit I worked on was generally miserable. The two different preceptors I had would bad-mouth each other (and everyone else on the unit), which made for an awkward training experience. The clinical manager seemed ok, but not overly friendly - which is understandable, since she's not there to make friends. The department manager, on the other hand, was downright obnoxious. My first day of orientation, before even clocking in, she asked how training was going! Ok, I know you have lots of employees to keep track of, but dang! The second time I interacted with her (on another day), she again had no idea who I was, because she asked if I was enjoying this unit better than the one I came from (I was brand new to the company).
I had lots of problems with their technology. Cerner is so archaic and user-unfriendly! I understand it takes time to get comfortable with a system, but this one is really bad. You cannot view your entries or new orders without manually refreshing. If you do not think to do so every few minutes, you will miss important patient information. The PPIDs (handheld med/patient scanners) gave me lots of problems, didn't sync, and/or didn't save my entries, which resulted in having to re-scan patients and meds, and it would document the medication as being late - even though it was really given on time.
The two preceptors I had made a few mistakes (giving – more... meds without orders, etc.), but nothing too major. I made a mistake, however, and it was immediately reported to the clinical manager - and definitely blown out of proportion. No harm was done, the patient was not even aware, and the manager acted like I was there to destroy the unit. She gave me three different versions of events, and then acted suspicious when I wasn't able to respond because I couldn't keep up with the stories she was telling me.
In the end, I decided that this wasn't the place for me. The unit seemed very unhappy (my co-workers very rarely smiled and generally ignored each other), the teamwork was lacking, and it seemed to be a very punitive environment. Maybe other units within that hospital or other facilities within the network are different, but I was very disappointed.
The benefits are great if you're not a smoker and you don't mind using Banner network for your healthcare needs. The unit I worked on self-scheduled and did NOT require every other weekend!
If you are an experienced nurse, you have pretty thick skin, and you don't mind working alone, this could really be a great place to work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Salaries