Banner Health Employee Reviews

Direct Management and hospital staff
Laboratory Technician/ Phleb. Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
Lab management is very one-sided, they pick favorites. They give some employees the benefit of the doubt, letting them get away with pretty much everything, while employee's they don't like don't receive the same treatment. The nursing staff at the hospital is, for the most part, friendly and easy to get along with.
Horrible Management
Former Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 14, 2017
Horrible management. Management exists to further their own careers at employees expense. The institution could be so much more in caring for patients yet lacks the leadership skills to back their employees up
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Horrible Management
Overall a good company to work for.
BSS/BSC/Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed the the dept. that I had been placed in, the distance was just too far. 5 hours commute when I did not have a car. And 3 hour commute with the car. TOOO much traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I was working with. Like a little family! We still stay in touch, even though some of us have moved on.
Pros
Free Parking, computer lab, cafeteria on site, break-room on every-floor. Bathroom are always clean!! ; )
Cons
Management needs improvement!!! No one wants to be responsible for their actions or of their dept.
RN Clinical Education Specialist- ICU (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2017
Banner Health is a great place to work. They put a lot into education their clinical staff. The team I worked with was one of a kind! Top notch nursing education.
August 14, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

Working hospital rehab
Health Unit Coordinator/Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 12, 2017
I began as a certified nursing assistant. This was very rewarding in so many ways. Seeing people get well and get to go home perks a person right up. I wanted to learn more about how the unit was run so I went back to school to become a Certified Health Unit Coordinator. Here I ran the desk. Transcribing physician's orders, sending patients to their appoints, ordering labs and diagnostic tests was all part of the daily routine. The only hard part was when a large number of patients came in during a shift. Accuracy is so important in transcribing orders that time spent was well advised.
Pros
knowing patients records are completed accurately
Cons
sometimes too busy at desk
August 14, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review and sharing great information about the jobs you performed.

Ability to use my creativity and team building skills.
Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
Working as an OD was at times intense. Meeting with nurses assessing needs and developing programs/sessions motivated me and gave me great pleasure. Specifically enjoyed working with teams to produce strategic goals for individual nursing stations. Appreciated the continuing education that was offered several times a year.
Pros
Traveled from hospital to hospital meeting a variety of individuals and building relationships
Cons
Manger at the time played favorites
August 14, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

Great starting point for critical care nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 8, 2017
I have learned how to deal with work politics, I have learned alot about nursing and how to deal with the hard parts of nursing, dying, suffering, pain, etc.
Pros
Pto, set your own schedule
Cons
too many weekends
August 14, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and share your insight. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Very supportive culture in which you can grow
CCO - Clinical Care Operations - Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
Banner Health is very supportive of growing from within and lots of room for advancement. Fast paced, every changing environment on the forefront of health care innovation.
Pros
benefits and advancement
August 9, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

It's a hospital not a hotel
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 8, 2017
Management stressed to give the patients what they wanted and stressed to employees to make they happy. They are their to get better and go home or to SNF for more care. A hospital is not the Hilton with maid and concierge services.

Some of the best co-workers that I could have, as all jobs, you have those that you like to work with and those that make your life difficult no matter what you do.
August 9, 2017

We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

I think they are to heavy in the supervisory jobs & not enough in the people who are actually giving patient care.
House Supervisor/Swat Nurse (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZAugust 8, 2017
When a clinical coordinator tells you that she does not do patient care and that you need to bring a registry person in to do the care, something is wrong!!!! Just to give you back ground, this was a very small facility and it had always been the charge nurse's responsibility to staff ICU if needed.
August 9, 2017

Decent place to work but little support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
Decent place to work but company will not have your back. Not prone to giving chances for redemption. Most companies will give an employee a Decision day but not here. Make a mistake and managment is quick to let you go without 2nd chances. Does not give impresson that they are loyal to their employees. Have seen many doctors been let go even those who have invested many years with them. Aside from management, co-workers are enjoyable.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management systems
August 9, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and will pass this feedback on to our leadership team. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

They arent really for their people
Strong leader support of customer service staff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
I don't recommend this employer as they aren't for the promotion of their people. When wanting to excel as an employee they usually look outside to hire
August 9, 2017

We are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

Very productive
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
Typical day was work, work and work. Learned how to be creative. Workplace culture was average. Hardest part was no teamwork. Enjoyable was helping in the trauma unit.
August 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback.

great career
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2017
amazing place to work but the managers are snobs and cut throat they will work you to death if they can. mind your business and don't make friends while in the work place
August 9, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. We will share this feedback with the appropriate leadership team.

great place
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2017
great place for an intern to learn about different a different branch of pharmacy. preceptor was great and encouraged students to learn. a lot of hands on learning and being engaged

Largest employer. Worst work enviorement
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  BUMG Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2017
Was laid off due to restructuring. Was told every opportunity would be given for re-employment. That was a lie. Worked my tail off to advance in the medical field after I got out of the military. Providers miss treat staff, asked for a transfer due to hostile work environment and was granted permission, was laid off and black balled ever since.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Hostile work enviorement.
August 9, 2017

Negative and racial work inviorment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2017
The manger is very rude and makes racial comments all the time. Reported it to HR and nothing was ever done about it. I would not recommend working for this con as they are constantly letting people go and do not pay very good even with a degree.
August 9, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2017
I love banner, I just had to move environments in order to be able to just keep my head on my shoulders. Change is good and in a forever changing field, it was nice to move departments.

sumary
Claims Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2017
please review the previous rating, I do not feel like typing in this box you really hould consider deleting this part of this survey it takes too much time that I don't have and too much typing to put information in this box im tired of typing already please eliminate this immediately
August 9, 2017

Sorry, the review format is set up by Indeed.com not Banner Health.

Excellent physician colleagues and support staff
Family Physician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2017
Banner does not seem to care about its physicians or about the effects that running off or firing off several of them has on the patients or the community.
Pros
Easy communication with colleagues, great support staff (medical assistants, nurse case managers)
Cons
Little job security - even for the physicians
August 9, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.