Banner Health Employee Reviews

I've worked for Banner for 12 years.
Hospice R.N. Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 25, 2016
The Company has always compensated me well and I am leaving on good terms. I am only resigning my postition because of my husbands work relocation.
Love my job hate the managers
Pharmacy Technician III - Med History Tech (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Bad management, people dont quit jobs they quit managers. I dont know what else to.type but indeed is making me type more.
Pros
Little supervision
Cons
Yoyo hours and bad management
It was a great job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Good job but hard job at the same time. But I learned a lot from this if given another chance I would glady for this company agian. I worked for 4 months for them had a great experience learned a lotbof vital skills.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Alot of traveling
No Teamwork
Patient Care Assistant/Behavioral Health Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2016
Nurses are horrible. Lack of team work. Management is only concerned with numbers. Violence is always an issue with patients.
Pros
Cons
all aspects of job
Great
Scheduler/PFS Rep (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 16, 2016
Banner is very good to their employees and have excellent service towards their patients. Banner is a excellent company to work for I enjoy waking up in the morning to come to work every day. The management team is very great they have excellent leardship skills. I have learns how to schedule patients, check patients in and fill out paper work, scan paper work. The co-workers that i have met at banner are also excellent and welcoming to new employees
I love it there and you can learn a lot from the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2016
This was a challenge to me but I learn real quick and I love the people their and they help you out a lot with every thing that you need help with.
Pros
You pay for your lunch
Cons
30 min break and a 20 min
great
Housekeeping/EVS BTMC (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 8, 2016
great place to work staff is nice but over whelming on number on rooms to clean. Management is helpful on trying to keep you. Some co-workers are kind others are a little rude.
Pros
10% off food
Cons
30 rooms and 3 or more discharges
Productive work place due to the incoming admissions
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work is getting our assignments when we first clock in, there would be a huddle provided before the day starts so we as therapists are informed of any new information. We get report from night shift therapist, than look up our patients online before we start making rounds. I would confirmed in all my patients chart that the list of therapists and medications are in so it's easier for me to scan their medications. Than I would hit the floors and giving patients breathing treatments. What I enjoy most about my job is that patient enjoys seeing us day in and day out because we are helping them breathe a bit better. I love seeing patient faces when they see me walking through their door early morning, knowing that they are waiting for me. the hardest part about my job is seeing a patient deteriorating and there is nothing I can do to help. I sometimes learned new things each day, with the equipment we work with.
Staff is very supportive of one another
CASE MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 6, 2016
Very relaxed work environment with supportive colleagues. Great work life balance, they understand that things come up! Management is very willing to help and not afraid to get involved. Team environment that is very willing to help each other out. Hardest part of the job is lack of natural light inside the building - but they encourage taking breaks outside.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
no natural light in work area
educational
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 31, 2016
I have a great experience gaining new skills and experience learning more about health care for my future. I enjoy being able to work with people of many different cultures as it prepares me for every day life and how differently different cultures communicate

Want to know more about Banner Health?

Ask a question
Banner Was A Good Company To Work For
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Before government regulations and the ACA, Banner was a good company to work for, but that's no longer the case. I won't mention too many details, but there are numerous problems with the company and the way they operate. They got too big and with the poor management in most departments, it got too costly for the company to operate, so they eliminated numerous positions throughout the company. Employee seniority and experience didn't mean anything in the last round of staff reduction.

The company also doesn't recognize those who do good work.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Too many to mention, it's not a good company to for anymore.
Banner Health
RN Case Manager/ICU (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202August 29, 2016
Banner Health is an innovative, community leader who is now the number one employer in Arizona. Banner prides itself in seeking out an elite management team and hiring the best of the best. I felt apart of a prestigious medical community that held itself to standards above and beyond the norm.
I was led by an educated, experienced management team in both the Case Management department and the Intensive Care Unit. The highest quality of patient care was expected along with intelligent resource management.
I enjoyed the team environment and sense of pride of being apart of this prestigious community.
Pros
Environment of excellence, room for advancement, high standards, excellent cafeteria, flexible work schedule
Cons
Insurance not as generous as previous carrier, hourly rate of pay competitive but not as generous as previous employer
great organization
Director, Service Excellence (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
great organization. The people and the mission are top. Optimization should have been done with more dignity in some areas.
Pros
the people
Cons
Optimization work
Work Day
PFS SR Rep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2016
My typical work day I am doing a morning report to let everyone know what patients still need to be completed for the next 5 days. I call insurances for authorizations and benefits. I check online for both befits and authorizations also. I call patients and verify all their information and collect any payments due at that time..
Pros
i have all websites phone numbers available to me to get my work completed in time.
Cons
not everyone works at the same level so that tends to slow others down.
stable but management has some issues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2016
supervisors can be not entirely fair. pay and benefits are reasonable and coworkers are nice. You can learn a lot since they are very busy hospitals. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the influx of new supervisors constantly and having about three supervisors in charge all with different views. the best part of the job is the other people you work with and benefits.
wide variety of dversity
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631August 19, 2016
A lot to offer. Constant change. Be prepared and expect the unexpected. Must be willing to accept constant challenges. Follow company policy, you will fit in.
great environment
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2016
Everyday is a busy day at work, I learn different things everyday, co workers are hard workers, hardest part was being really busy, most enjoyable talking to everybody, friendly environmment.
Pros
hours
Cons
lunch break time
Banner Health is the best
Sourcing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2016
Banner is a great company to work for, they promote development and growth among their employees. The culture is the best and I love working there.
horrible
K9 Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Lack of training and communication for what
s expected for a K9 officer. This is a real buddy-buddy company if you got in wrong with a friend of a supervisor your career was short.
Pros
K9 program
Cons
Punch out for lunch but still expected to be available
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 10, 2016
I enjoy working with Banner Health- great benefits. They have a lot of opportunities and are flexible with you when it comes to striving for a better education.
Pros
Great providers
Cons
Short breaks