Banner Health

Banner Health United States Employee Reviews

It is what it is.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Right here.April 12, 2015
It's not bad, but it could be better. Frustrating workplace but decent benefits. Some flexibility with hours. No room for advancement.
Loved the people I worked with.
Clinical Manager & Staff nurse (Former Employee), Mesa,AZApril 7, 2015
Management is lagging behind with all tasks. Test I took in November I scored 80%, was not told until March that I failed, needed a 85%.
Rigid workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Long commute.
Answered phone inquiries daily and made arrangements for payment of outstanding medical bills. Referred potentially eligible people for assistance with payment of outstanding medical bills.
A terrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: nothing anymore
Cons: almost everything other than co workers that generally care about patients.
Banner health used to be good. I don't understand how the reviews on here are so positive. Perhaps people don't know better, or were in upper management positions?

The problem is upper management, its all about money, and bottom line. Corporate does not care about employees at all. Benefits are more expensive and less covering than working at Walmart full time. This is not a joke. benefits for family coverage went from $50 per pay period to over $300 in last 3 years. My raises simply went to covering benefit increases.

Before my last 3 raises and benefit increases, we were on a pay freeze, meaning, I take home the same amount of money I took home 5 years ago, and this is the same for many banner employees.

They expect you to continue to perform work at a grade A level, but pay you as a grade D employee. While there are some great people who work there, this company is going down hill fast.

I have been in senior meetings with Directors complaining to upper management that salaries suck and they are loosing good employees, whats sad is there response "we just have to deal with it until we own all the healthcare in Arizona so we don't have competition"

Can't wait till this company has a huge drop in patient care and upper management gets there heads out of the clouds and gets back to reality.
Profession friendly environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Susanville, CaMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work. very professional and lots of learning expeierence. Would reccmoned job to others. Nice freindly people and very thoughtful environment.
Watch Your Back...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix (BUMCP)March 30, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Patient Care, Prestigious Organization
Cons: Punitive Environment, Unhappy Workplace, Ineffective Management
The company seems great: they preach reducing their environmental impact, providing excellent patient care, and being team players. I think they really believe in these values. I found, however, that the unit I worked on was generally miserable. The two different preceptors I had would bad-mouth each other (and everyone else on the unit), which made for an awkward training experience. The clinical manager seemed ok, but not overly friendly - which is understandable, since she's not there to make friends. The department manager, on the other hand, was downright obnoxious. My first day of orientation, before even clocking in, she asked how training was going! Ok, I know you have lots of employees to keep track of, but dang! The second time I interacted with her (on another day), she again had no idea who I was, because she asked if I was enjoying this unit better than the one I came from (I was brand new to the company).
I had lots of problems with their technology. Cerner is so archaic and user-unfriendly! I understand it takes time to get comfortable with a system, but this one is really bad. You cannot view your entries or new orders without manually refreshing. If you do not think to do so every few minutes, you will miss important patient information. The PPIDs (handheld med/patient scanners) gave me lots of problems, didn't sync, and/or didn't save my entries, which resulted in having to re-scan patients and meds, and it would document the medication as being late - even though it was really given on time.
The two preceptors I had made a few mistakes (giving – more... meds without orders, etc.), but nothing too major. I made a mistake, however, and it was immediately reported to the clinical manager - and definitely blown out of proportion. No harm was done, the patient was not even aware, and the manager acted like I was there to destroy the unit. She gave me three different versions of events, and then acted suspicious when I wasn't able to respond because I couldn't keep up with the stories she was telling me.
In the end, I decided that this wasn't the place for me. The unit seemed very unhappy (my co-workers very rarely smiled and generally ignored each other), the teamwork was lacking, and it seemed to be a very punitive environment. Maybe other units within that hospital or other facilities within the network are different, but I was very disappointed.
The benefits are great if you're not a smoker and you don't mind using Banner network for your healthcare needs. The unit I worked on self-scheduled and did NOT require every other weekend!
If you are an experienced nurse, you have pretty thick skin, and you don't mind working alone, this could really be a great place to work. – less
A well structured organization.
Nuclear Medicine Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2015
Banner Health is an amazing organization which spans several States. The organization is solid in its patient care and direction into the ever changing future of health care. A pleasure to work for.
Work History
Information Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Supportive culture
Cons: To many roles for one person to complete
In my 36 plus years at Banner Good Samaritan/Banner University Medical Center, I was able to do many different functions, and learn multiple different computer applications. I would often become the expert of new applications and then proceed to train new end users.

I worked with a very hardworking team, however in the end my job duties were those of more than one person and my employment was terminated because I could not keep up.
BannerStaffer
Scheduler (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility to be with my family
Cons: you are treated as a "temp" by actual clinics and facilities.
I am currently only a per diem Banner Staffer, I have only been with them for about 6 months. The Office I deal with is the Banner Staffing office and they are all great. Very Professional, nice and easy to communicate with. I scored the benefits and job security low, because as a staffer you are not entitled to benefits and there is no real job security. You are only per diem and some days you work and some days you do not.
Fast-paced workplace while engaging with new employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2015
Pros: scheduling own appointments for employees
Cons: some appointments don't show up
Sending/Receiving emails

Scheduleing employees for oriention, drug screen and training

Sending background checks and creating I-9 records

Learned how to be more efficient and proactive

Management was great

Co-workers were supportive

Hardest part of the job was having to tell people they weren't able to work due to background check results

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how some of the new employees were so excited to being a new job
BEMC
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2015
Wonderful place to work! BEMC is a very supportative environment and I have enjoyed every part of being employed at banner Health hospital.
more to learn about
Good Customer Service and communication (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I really find my self in this field (medical assistance) and I am trying my best to give the best of my experience and to fill up my position as I'm hoping to be one of the first candidates to be called when they have job opening
Banner Health is strong in this type of field, and growing.
Sr Distribution Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: while lunch is not free, our breaks are.
Cons: covering other work loads when one is out.
The work load is various, we work as a team which is learned, it is hard when someone is not on the same page, and I enjoy my work while making a difference.
Great people, great teamwork to care for patients.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: potlucks, great management
Every day was different. When working in a level one trauma center there is never a routine day. My job was to Transport patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper infection control procedures.
Remain alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
Provide distribution services of requested items between various departments such as blood products, lab specimens, and medical equipment.
Respond to all job calls in a timely manner.
Utilizes computer system to track and update requests. Communicate status updates and location information as required to help facilitate work flow.
Collect, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
Respond to all “Code Blue”, “Rapid Response”, and “Trauma A” calls to assist in Basic Life Support as ordered by healthcare provider.
Receives and prioritizes a high volume of requests, dispatches staff in an efficient and timely manner as needed based on departmental guidelines and procedures.
Utilizes problem solving skills and shows initiative to ensure that service goals are met.
Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
Assists in dispatching duties for varied shifts as needed in relation to patient care needs as well as materials management needs for staff.
Learned how to care for patient who couldn't care for themselves.
Management was amazing.
Hardest part of my job was watching people die and not being able to do nothing about it.
Most enjoyable part was doing CPR and watching someone come back to life, being appreciated by patients family for caring for there loved one.
Great first experience
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Very busy critical job. Great benefits and support for returning to school. Team effort is apparent and necessary because of the high patient volumes. Management is developing and certain units have high turnover, but overall a good place to work.
I work there to make a difference in peoples lives. I believe that the customers service should be #1.
PFS Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: the ability to transfer within the banner system.
Cons: no cons at this time
Timecards, scheduling pto, work distribution. I've learned that customer service is key in this industry. Management is fair and keeps the associates in the loop. My co-worker are professional, the hardest part of the job is scheduling meetings due to the work schedules. What I enjoy the most is seeing the results thoughout the day when clients are getting the help they need and building these relationships so that the clients will have a great experience, which in turn will help them to remember their experience and refer family and friends.
Great co-workers and learning atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee), San Tan Valley, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Gained strong skills in circulating, scrubbing and assisting. Great patient care centered atmosphere. Direct management very supportive and involved with all aspects of care.
i always had positive reviews.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Windsor, COFebruary 6, 2015
I was primarily a scheduler with Banner. I scheduled for patient appointments and taking phone calls for or transferring calls to the MA's.I had great co-workers to work with.
Productive and good work place
health unit secretary (Current Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 6, 2015
answer phone, call consults, do clerical work for the entire unit, troubleshoot fax machine and computer, microsoft applications, and electronic medical charting
Great Place to Work
Night Charge Nurse/Operating Room (Current Employee), PhoenixFebruary 5, 2015
Great Place to Work, nurses are valued and appreciated. Challenging cases and great educational environment. I cannot say enough good things about this healthcare system.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banner Health

If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health. Our – Read more

Banner Health Photos