Banner Health Employee Reviews

Productive, enjoy working in Network Database department
Network Database Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2016
I have worked for this company for almose 11 years. I am now currently working in Network Database, Provider maintance and I love this department and the awesome team that I get to work with every single day. Great atmosphere to work in.
Productive, and very organized place to work.
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work started with coming in, starting up computers, and opening Epic, and Pacs, making sure that all the rooms were clean, and stocked, doing patient intake, verifying allergies, and medications, removing sutures, and staples, along with doing wound care, preparing patients for X-Rays, and removing of casts, labeling products by expiration dates. I also prepared patients charts, allergy, and med lists, and face sheets, made phone calls to verify patient appointments, and pulled charts in order of patients coming in. in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job was the patient care, along with working with doctors, X-Ray Techs, and nurses making sure that patients get the care they need.
Banner Baywood
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 26, 2016
It's needless to say that it is continuously busy though it's typically not overwhelming. If your fortunate enough to work alongside a fun & lively staff team then your day simply passes by.
Very busy, fast paced, high turnover
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) @ BUMC-P (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2016
Everyday when you went into work you knew there would be lots of work to be done. I thoroughly loved my job. I wish I could say the same about my department and the management. The lazier you were the better you were treated. Hard workers who did their job (and even more some days) were in the spotlight and punished more so than the half time motivated employees. I didn't work for banner directly, I was a contracted employee. There were so many call outs every day that even on my day off. I would get a phone call asking to cover a shift. It's a fast paced environment and you have to be self motivated or else you will get eaten alive.
Pros
Always overtime, friendly people in other departments.
Cons
Bad management, usual short staffed, use of money (raises)
Work with a lot of great people.
Post Acute Alignment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
Day is usually very busy working with patients, physicians in the community and hospitals. A typical day fro me lasts about 8-10 hours, so it is very demanding but fullfilling.
Grievance daily completion
Appeals & Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2016
extensive customer service, intense research, daily communication with co-workers, extensive data entry, opening grievance cases and closing grievance cases. Work with several software programs to do research for members.
Pros
work is consistant
Cons
not enough time for breaks
An unforgettable experience that will always be a part of my life.
RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 7, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced. There wasn't time to socialize with our fellow coworkers the moment you clocked in to start the shift.The job required quick critical thinking skills and good communication skills between the nurse and the doctor. The staff was good to help with deliveries even if we were extremely busy . The hospital did have valuable resources to choose from if needed. The management was very good about helping when there was any sort of emergency.The hardest part of the job was taking care of mom's and family during a sad time such as stillborn deliveries or preterm deliveries with a poor outcome.The department had a great program for families who suffered a loss which was highly recognizable.The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of the deliveries and educating the mom's and families on how to care for their new addition .
Pros
Generally a happy environment and a rewarding career.
Cons
Breaks were few and far between.Long shifts
Would recommend a friend
Buyer, Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 5, 2016
I am interested in learning more about the Healthcare industry and am happy to have this opportunity with Banner Health
enjoyable place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. The only reason that I left was because of medical problems. I went to different sites when needed. I would go back to work for this company if they offered insurance.
Pros
Mon - Fri
Cons
No insurance
Great place to start and cotinue
RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206November 1, 2016
Banner Health has been a great place to work.The team and culture to work with is very good. The company is always willing to further education through their own education department. The only set back is working for a non-profit large organization they do not compensate very well. The benefits are expensive and raises are only allocated to a number of people. With the large company you loose that sense of family structure.
Pros
education, stability
Cons
low pay
Hospice RN CM
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2016
By far the most accomadating hospice company to work for as RN CM. Best benefits, pay, and work-life balance. The leadership cares about their team members happiness.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work-life balance
Family atmosphere at Banner Boswell Medical Center
Medical Imaging Technologist Assistant (CT) (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 29, 2016
I learned a great deal of my knowledge of medical terminology, and imaging procedures from the great team I worked with at Banner Boswell. Collaboration with the nurses and physician in the emergency room to ensure patients recieved their exams in a timely manner. I served as the "right hand girl" for the CT supervisor. Assisting with everything from coffee runs to quarterly inventory. I really enjoyed my job.
bad just bad
Surgery unit assistant. (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 25, 2016
this is the worst company I have ever worked for. there are to many managers. this company dosent care for you or there clients... they only want money
Professional and Productive Workplace
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2016
Typical day consists of answering phones; scheduling/canceling appointments, taking messages for referral, medications, orders, etc.
very productive
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 24, 2016
really enjoyed getting the opportunity to work in at heart hospital, allowing me to horn in on one of my specialties, cardiovascular the entire shift I worked.
Staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 17, 2016
My co-workers were there for me when I needed help. I felt that we all worked well as a team. This was helpful on a busy floor
Letters behind your name are more important than experience.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2016
Was a great place to work before new management thought it was a great idea to eliminate LPNS from med surg in 2012 and fill the void with BSNs. I still keep in touch with several RNS who still work there and they say it's never been worse.
Pros
Cons
Decision makers are to far removed from where the rubber meets the road.
Small Town=Low Pay
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Brush, COOctober 16, 2016
Banner does not give raises at EMCH. There are a lot of other duties that will be given and not compensated correctly for because it is a small hospital. You work hard and get paid less out here compared to bigger facilities. The General Doctors are awesome! As well as the Podiatrist! The O.R staff makes it a fun working environment.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Low pay
Varied shift options
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2016
Supportive leadership team. While most positions were remote, leadership team made extensive effort through one to one monthly phone communication to assure that needs were addressed.
No team work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tû (NC)October 11, 2016
Handled medical front office duties including o Scheduling appointments and greeting clients o Processing referrals and insurance verifications • Checked vital signs including patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration • Assisted doctor in the back office