Banner Health Employee Reviews

Can be good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Wish there was actual bonuses etc. Have only received one in the last 5 years. Healthcare is changing and you have to be prepared for the stress you will endure with little compensation.
Pros
Clean; semi-helpful management
Cons
Pay; lack of staff; high turn around
love Banner
Senior PFS Rep/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work, great benefits and great locations. Lots of room to grow and lots of jobs for all different types of education. Hardest part of the job is having a high turn over due to people always moving up
Family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 19, 2017
This is a hospital where you feel you are part of a family. For the most part the nursing staff and physicians work together to give quality care. Very good teaching hospital.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Compensation
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

Productive and Fun
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I loved working at Banner and if I had not moved across the country I would have stayed. All my supervisors were amazing and of course like every job in health care we are never paid enough, but the pay at Banner is fair in comparison to other places I have worked.
September 20, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

fun fast paced environment friendly people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 15, 2017
My experience at banner was fun, i got to meet a lot of new people learned a lot about how they operate and go about doing things their policies and rules. I learned how interact with different patients from various backgrounds and cultures ,patients likes,dislikes.hardest part of my job was working the computers.My most enjoyable part of my job is that I help a patient out and that made me feel good,typical day at work was rooming patients prepping the rooms taking vitals getting everything ready for the doctor.
Pros
great food
Cons
short lunches
September 16, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Our employees truly care about patient care and make Banner Health great!

Adapting in sterile assembly while having efficient work flow and productivity monitoring is a common trail I have the ability to do well.
Certified sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Good Samaritan Medical CenterSeptember 15, 2017
Having great communication skills with the entire staff and patients is essential.Operational compliance and a very high standard to detail is what I strive for.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short break
September 17, 2017

Fast-paced, driven, high stress.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Faster, faster, faster! Banner completes things at a hectic pace. Employees treated the same as contractors while earning 1/3 of their pay. No opportunity to work on new things or to research new ideas.
Pros
Compelling, never a lull.
Cons
Small appreciation for doing extra work.
September 17, 2017

At Banner Health we take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

we strive to give the best care to our patient
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 15, 2017
a typical work day for me is to give the patients the highest level of care and comfort i assist the nurse at bed side if needed I've learned a lot woking here at banner i work on the orthopedic unit
September 17, 2017

great work life balance and culture
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 15, 2017
Banner was a great place to work. They focused well on work/ life balance, and it was a excellent work balance. The Leaders were pleasant to work with.
Pros
great opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
September 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

education advancement
Endoscopy Nurse and Resource (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
I have a great manager who supports education advancement. The staff is friendly and management is very helpful and have good communication with staff.
September 16, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team!!

nice to work for a large healthcare company
HIMS Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85037September 14, 2017
Overall Banner is a great employer, however it is extremely difficult to get into a coding position. I had anticipated an easy transition once I got my certification
Pros
benefits, location
Cons
having a hard time getting a promotion
September 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing with us. Sorry to hear this. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com so that we can get you in touch with the appropriate person to address your concerns.

Staff is good, Management needs work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
New management for x-ray is lacking experience. Acts as everyone's friend instead of boss. Needs to work on staffing during busier times of the day. Staff is great to get along with.
September 16, 2017

It is very disappointing to hear this. We would like to address your concerns regarding the issues in your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com.

Promises
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZSeptember 13, 2017
They give a lot of false promises. They expect a lot out of there employees but they don't want to work with employees when emergency situations come up
Pros
discount in gift shop
Cons
hateful people
September 16, 2017

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com.

Great ideas, poor execution
Human Resources Consultant/Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 12, 2017
Banner has gone to great lengths to think up new ideas and strategies to move into the next stage. Unfortunately, senior leadership falls flat. Poor communication, and even poorer support for the employees. It's sink or swim and Banner won't even point to the life raft;.
September 16, 2017

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Registered Nurse--Peri-Op services (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work--fun, close knit group of co-workers. I have worked there for 30 years and have enjoyed every minute. I have had opportunities and experience that I probably wouldn't have been able to have in other facilities in the area.
September 13, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as an employee for 30 years!

Banner Health
Pharmacy Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
The environment at Banner Health changes quickly. The company works diligently to stay competitive and one of the top choices selected by patients. Change is constant within this company within every discipline so it helps to be agile and flexible. I have learned to adapt to any situation and as agile as possible. As a leader for the company I have learned to empower my associates to be skilled in all areas but to also to know they can rely on me when necessary.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
adjusting to new corporate structure
September 13, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and sharing your experience as an employee and a leader. We are glad that you are a member of the Banner Health team!

Dietary Aide/AM Cook
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CASeptember 11, 2017
Best place I've ever worked. Friendly staff, non-hostile environment- the hospital cares for the community. I worked in the kitchen and everyone has been properly trained for sanitation and diet orders, so I'll personally tell you that you can feel safe leaving your loved ones there because they'll be well-taken care of.
September 13, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible environment for our employees and patients so this review made our day! Thank you for your review.

Awesome
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Banner health has been an overall nice place to work. I would recommend others to apply here. The facilities are a pleasant place to work in. I see myself retiring at Banner Health. They treat employees well.
September 11, 2017

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day! Thank you for being a member of the Banner Health team!

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Working for the physicians and the patients is very rewarding and satisfying. Physicians are very personable and they do not mind informing you of medical situations to better understand your job.
Pros
Physicians and patients
September 11, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience! We are glad you are part of the Banner Health team!

Productive with an overall sense of community.
Security Officer I (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 8, 2017
My experiences with Banner have been great for the most part from the multiple facilities I have had the pleasure of working for whether on a cover shift or as a permanent facility. Most employees from different departments typically get along well and that goes from top to bottom with management and peers.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, and Job Security.
Cons
During work days as with most 12 hour shifts work/life balance is sorta one sided.
September 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Banner Health employee....we are happy to have you as a member of our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval