Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

great organization
Director, Service Excellence (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
great organization. The people and the mission are top. Optimization should have been done with more dignity in some areas.
Pros
the people
Cons
Optimization work
stable but management has some issues
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2016
supervisors can be not entirely fair. pay and benefits are reasonable and coworkers are nice. You can learn a lot since they are very busy hospitals. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the influx of new supervisors constantly and having about three supervisors in charge all with different views. the best part of the job is the other people you work with and benefits.
wide variety of dversity
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631August 19, 2016
A lot to offer. Constant change. Be prepared and expect the unexpected. Must be willing to accept constant challenges. Follow company policy, you will fit in.
great environment
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2016
Everyday is a busy day at work, I learn different things everyday, co workers are hard workers, hardest part was being really busy, most enjoyable talking to everybody, friendly environmment.
Pros
hours
Cons
lunch break time
Banner Health is the best
Sourcing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2016
Banner is a great company to work for, they promote development and growth among their employees. The culture is the best and I love working there.
horrible
K9 Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Lack of training and communication for what
s expected for a K9 officer. This is a real buddy-buddy company if you got in wrong with a friend of a supervisor your career was short.
Pros
K9 program
Cons
Punch out for lunch but still expected to be available
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 10, 2016
I enjoy working with Banner Health- great benefits. They have a lot of opportunities and are flexible with you when it comes to striving for a better education.
Pros
Great providers
Cons
Short breaks
Banner Health
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2016
Banner Health is a wonderful place to work for. They continue to strive for excellence within their organization and towards outstanding customer service to their patients.

I am with Banner Staffing and I thoroughly enjoy the diverse job placements I am introduced to. I learn more about the ways that the Management is continually trying to better themselves and their employees by witnessing the changes they are making and the way the production is elevating.

Banner is hiring employees with the ability to show no only excellent management and leadership skills but also the ability to be compassionate and understanding towards situations not only with patients but also with their employees. That makes for coming to work a much more pleasant experience.
Pros
Team recongnitions and wonderful support.
Stepping Stone
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2016
Careers in my line of work are not promising right now at Banner Health. Be wary of undercompensation, no opportunity for advancement, and management's inability to delegate tasks properly.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Unless you know someone, good luck trying to advance or make a respectable salary
Great Company; Could Pay Better
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 1, 2016
This is a great company, but is not as competitive as it could be with rate of pay. Good work life balance, management treats employees well, advancement opportunities present if you know the right people.
Good team members, fun to work with, good at helping each other.
RN (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZJuly 29, 2016
Usually busy, lots of learning modules, lots of computer charting. We generally worked short staffed, so helping each other was a necessity. Generally had good management, who have had to take on many roles due to staffing issues. Hardest part of the job was the computer charting, making sure to hit all the appropriate boxes. The most enjoyable part to the job was my patients. Being able to make them laugh, or smile to relieve their anxiety regarding pending procedures.
Respect should go both ways
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2016
Corporate values different than personal values. Politics, politics...
Probably just like most jobs where you have to swallow and keep going. Nothing personal, just the usual unhappiness that ends a marriage.
Better management training
Help Desk Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2016
Management should be better trained in working with diverse groups of employees. When changing job responsibilities and duties it is not wise to totally change what a person was hired for and try to force them to do something else without training, documentation, etc.
Pros
Employee discount at cafeteria.
Cons
Too many cliches.
Great company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
Banner is recognized as a leading health care organization. They have stayed true to their missions and values statement while growing to one of the largest companies in the United states. The employees help each other and I feel very supported. If the opportunity arouse for a job in my desired field I would be happy to stay within the organization.
working at banner
Mesa, Az - Benefits Admin (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2016
At this job you are expected to do everything with no support or basic documents that you need. It is a very click related positions. there is a lot of favoritism with in the upper management. They would rather watch you fail then give you the ability to do your job correctly.
Cons
All management
Very nice place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work is cleaning patient rooms and areas of the hospital. I have learned how to disinfect and detail clean. The people I work with are very helpful and welcoming and I love my job just trying to get back in my career field and housekeeping is an excellent feet in the door. I have interaction with patients keeping my patient communication skills updated.
too stressful
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2016
they want you to do the work of two people. was a very stressful place to work. too much work to do and not enough time or support.
Pros
nice office
Cons
micro managing
Great coworkers and management
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 16, 2016
Loved working in the positive uplifting environment. work around your schedule as needed. Coworkers are very helpful and always willing to help you learn.
Busy/productive business
Go live Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2016
An enjoyable place to work, meet new people who have a positive outlook on learning new processes. Pleasant work environment.. Management was friendly with positive attitude, Training is fun and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement
Cons
Traveling involved
Very good place to work. Banner has one of the best training program.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2016
Doctor are very nice. The doctors take their time to train you on varies things it the office. Management is very nice and very understanding. This is my very first job and I enjoy working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.