Banner Health Employee Reviews

Very prdouctive work place
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 20, 2017
I like working at Banner Health Queen creek. It's close to my home and we have fun. We have dress up days and do a lot of activities. The management team and providers are caring and are always keeping us motivated and show us we are appreciated.
My experience at Banner
Imaging Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banner BaywoodJuly 19, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. Over all 10/10 would recommend. We normally start off with a daily brief then get started with the day. Management was good and super helpful with all my questions.
great company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85308July 19, 2017
Great company to work for
Great team work
great co workers
lots to learn here
its ok
RN (Current Employee) –  AZJuly 19, 2017
its ok. not stellar. frequent changes and turnover. some management is excellent. lack of communication about changes. love the networking ability, dislike accountability requirements across the board
Bmg- team work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Working with Banner Health is a fun and welcoming practice. Patient care is the goal and treating patient as if they were family, Being able to make a difference in peoples life is a great feeling.
great Hospital to work for
TRAVELING NURSE DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
I worked at this hospital through an agency; however it was a great place to work at. Great compensation. I think this is a great hospital to work for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too busy
July 17, 2017

Banner is a large organization that pays on the lower end of pay scale.
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
Banner pay is slightly lower than most hospitals - they state they pay lower because they have higher staffing ratios (Banner does staff well) equipment is good, benefits are not as good as they used to be (medical is costly) but their paid time off was generous. Culture is of conformity - they want all sites to follow the same procedures as the others. Banner is very good to promote their own to management and does a great job talent mapping.
July 14, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.

Patient financial service
PATIENT FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
Fast paced job in the emergency room. Going room o room talking to patients and families about their insurance benefits and collecting payment for services

Certified Cardiovascular Technologist
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2017
I loved hospital work! In the morning we got out EKG rounds done. Some were in the NICU, Pediatrics, CCU, ICU, or general medical floors. We returned to the department to download our EKG information, so the doctors would have them for morning rounds. Then we would start on our stress test schedules. We would get all of our preliminary paperwork done,checking patient charts for previous health issues, meds, allergies, etc...We did inpatient and outpatient testing. We always had a nurse and a nuclear tech in the room with us. I loved hospital work. The I received many thank you notes from coworkers, patients, and doctors alike. I think this was my favorite job. The hard part was when the hospital started laying off people. I was 1 of 3 techs to leave our department.
Pros
Working with the patients.
Cons
Being laid off.

Great place for Learning
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2017
I was able to receive a lot of on the job training through banner. I enjoy the long shifts and the staff I work with. The aides are very respected here and treated nicely
July 13, 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!

Horrible.
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 11, 2017
Going to school? Don't expect to be accommodated.
Have a family? Too bad.
Not happy with a 20+ patient load? Too bad
Floated as a sitter for half of the shifts a year, but making less than staffing by four dollars an hour.
Lazy co-workers.
Poor patient care from various providers and staff.
Pros
Almost enough money to pay rent
Cons
Management, coworkers, pay, facility
July 13, 2017

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Huge health care corporation that covers many states in the Southwest
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
I learned a lot at Banner Good Samaritan and Banner Estrella hospitals, and met some very good friends. I enjoyed my time there and I would go back if I had the chance.
July 13, 2017

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review. You can view all of our open positions on our careers site at www.bannerhealth.com/careers.

Fast pace department with different lines of business.
Sr Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 11, 2017
Patient calls , run credit card payments work assignment , adjustments,cashposting,deposits for bank. Pull ERN when needed. Work denials, Research payments,make outbound calls required to resolve billing,refund request. Coordinate with other staff members and physicians , office staff to ensure correct processing.
July 13, 2017

Thank you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are part of the Banner Health team!!

scheduling
Outpatient radiology scheduler (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZJuly 11, 2017
busy days in scheduling, taking thousands of calls a day and scheduling hundreds of procedures and exams for outpatients. placing many calls to other facilities, departments and Drs offices to make sure the patient's check in and experience is as seamless as possible.
Pros
helping people
Cons
low staff
July 13, 2017

Productive and great company to serve
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my tenure with Banner Heath and so will others. Excellent benefits and programs for all employed here. Building of new clinics and hospitals is excellent.
July 10, 2017

Thank you for being part of the Banner Health team. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

Good people to work with.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 9, 2017
Very good work environment with friendly co workers. Great work ethic and easy to learn and move up in your career. Good supervisors that help you and care about you.
July 10, 2017

This review brought joy to our team, thanks for sharing! It’s great to hear about your experience as an employee at Banner Health.

Very grateful for this opportunity
RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2017
Banner Health (Corporate RN) has been a wonderful job with several opportunities for advancement. There is ongoing education and supportive team leads to facilitate your role performance.
July 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your experience. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees so this review made our day!

Shift Supervisor, Communications (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
Banner is a good place to work but as with other companies the supervisor has a lot to do with the way things work.
Even though they added a 30 minute lunch break if you work alone with no partner, you have to eat while working. This will hopefully change in the future.
Other than that, I don't have many complaints about Banner.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
No lunch break. Eat while working.
July 7, 2017

At Banner Health, we take all feedback very seriously. We would like to know more about what’s behind your review. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

Your experience will depend on your location. Stay in Phoenix or Denver.
IT Customer Relations Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Page, AZJuly 6, 2017
The management you work under will make a huge difference on your experience here. Most management is given training so overall staff have good experiences. I saw that most staff were happy.
My manager told me that I would not be able to move up as long as he was working as my position was hard to fill. He had 5 years until he retired and I did not want to wait around the 5 years for a chance to promote.
I would likely have stayed if not for my manager.
Management makes policies for metro area locations and the outer locations get shafted regularly.
Pros
good benefits. good co-workers that honestly want to make a difference.
Cons
at times you have to argue with the benefits team to get them to honor their commitments.

Ok Employer
PFS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2017
This was a secure place to work, the rate of pay needs improvement, but overall a good employer. My direct manager was personable and had on the job knowledge. Opportunity for advancement was minimal and seemed more like a popularity contest.
July 7, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.