Banner Health Employee Reviews

summary
Tele RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 21, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
I worked at Methodist Hospital full-time (More than a year)
Pros
Very comprehensive benefits, flexible hours and very nice people
Cons
Open 24 hours a day, so you might work night shift
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
Banner Health is a great place to work until the budget gets in the way
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1400 S. Dodson Rd. Mesa AZ 85202April 21, 2017
I have been in the culinary industry for 14 years. Nine of those years have been with Banner Health, I have managed up to 35 people with 10-12 direct reports of my own. My duties included PTO management, scheduling, and supervising the safe handling and preparation of food.
Pros
Paid time off, health insurance, discount on food
Cons
corporations have their budget
Independent work environment
Renal and Adult CM (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 20, 2017
8hr day. 3-4 home/Dr office or dialysis clinics visits. Learned that continue education kept me current on personal growth, I was required to keep a case load of 80-90 members, our workplace was very relaxed and staff needed to be independent, the hardest part of job was the constant change of management, my most enjoyable part of my job was my patient relationships
Pros
Independent
Cons
Constant change
My summary
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2017
I cleaned the bathroom of the doctors and their gym area, also I cleaned the dock restroom and a couple of office restroom. I also cleaned the employees bathroom and breakroom.
Good Company mission and vision
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Non-profit company with great tradition and employee morale. Work-life balance is great, the employees get flexibility in schedule and can work from home. Senior leadership is excellent, but mid level management is not efficient and lately the organization has lost its customer service focus. Company is expanding too fast and is becoming too lean.
Pros
Work from home, work life balance, benefits
Cons
raise and promotions are very slow
High paced, Work from home
Service Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Helping hospital staff with day to day technical issues. A lot to learn, always something new. High pace so the day goes by quickly. 10 hours days. OT available regularly.
Pros
Work from home, Easy high paced work, Pay and benefits are decent for the type of work, A lot to learn
Cons
Don't feel important, rarely see your colleagues, no team building exercises, Difficult to create work relationships, 2nd level positions are on hold a lot of times making it difficult to advance
Great work environments
SENIOR RN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
Great associates, caring work environment, great place to build your leadership skills and personal development. Great place to work for anyone seeking to work on strong teams.
Pros
Leadership, associates
Demanding Scheduling position
Scheduling Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
The job is very demanding and high stress at times but for me it made my day go by very fast. You can take in anywhere from 40-80 calls a day to schedule medical imaging procedures for all of the Arizona banner outpatient medical imaging facilities.
Pros
fast paced day
Cons
short breaks and slim PTO availability
It is a very professional place to work.
Discharge Call Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Banner. It was my perfect job because I had autonomy and the respect of my manager. I loved connecting with the patients after they were discharged to make sure we provided everything we could to insure a speedy recovery.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
not working from home
Professional and collaborative place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2017
Flexible work hours and able to work from home on occasion, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Director's needs. Learned a great deal as the Directors are willing to include me in their projects. It's a great learning environment. Everyone works as a team, staying in focus with our final outcome.
Good company
Nutrition Rep (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZApril 13, 2017
I started off at the University Medical Center up in Phoenix AZ. I did everything from answering meal order phone calls, to going and taking orders. I now work at Ironwood in San Tan Valley. Smaller hospital I get to help patients more face to face at this smaller Banner Hospital.I enjoy making people happy.If that happens with a brownie, cookie, or even a bowl of broth because they haven't eaten in days. Than I want to stick in food service!
Enviornment seems inviting
Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2017
I enjoy the education you can self sign up for. Management is lacking. The pay and benefits are ok but not great. The management do not consider night shift when making meeting and education.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2017
Great benefits , but not a good work environment. Management are not professional and are micro managing bullies. The company loads more and more on to your workload everyday, unatainable goals.
Pros
benifits, PTO 401
Cons
Managment
Worse Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2017
I was threatened by an employee and I was let go not the person who threatened me. The Tucson location is bitter they are out of a job in June. I can see why. No one did the job they were hired for.
good organization undergoing challenges
Medical Imaging Operations Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  greeley,coApril 12, 2017
Undergoing a lot of change; job eliminations
Regional approach to staffing puts stress on some employees
Fear of additional job losses
Doing more with less
management turnover is uncomfortable for employees and challenging to maintain trust
Employees work very hard and take care of the patients
Pros
patient care
Cons
staffing allotment
Good place for staff
Registered Nurse and Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
Not so good of a place to work if you want advancement or management. They are interested in the bottom line for management and not the skills you bring to the job
Relaxed and easy going place to work.
Birth Registrar (Current Employee) –  Banner Estrella Medical CenterApril 11, 2017
I do enjoy working for this company. Collecting Birth Certificate worksheets and verifying with patients for the office of vital records and social security administration. The hardest part of my job is to see a baby taken away due to an unfit mother. The most enjoyable part of my day is to be able to interact with the parents and family members of the newborn baby.
Pros
I have the greatest people to work with here at Banner.
Cons
Short breaks.
Banner
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
Good company to work for but unpredictable job. Management is good but led by upper management at corporate. Co-workers are great and supportive! Taking care of patients is priority.
productive
Info Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
Very busy, learned a lot more of excel, my Office Manager is great, We have a good team, My co workers. fast pace, worked with invoices, reimbursement for employee,
Pros
Benifits
Cons
some upper management
Horrible Management, Micro Managing to the Fullest it was horrible
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2017
This place is by far the worst I have ever worked for they do not properly train you and expect to get it all and be fast and effective right away. They micro manage like no other company I have ever seen before. You will literally have supervisors breathing down your neck for no reason. The only good thing in Banner is the Benefits but overalls they treat employees like a number. Managers, and Sups rule over rule in there if they do not like you for what ever reason they will make your life a nightmare. I would never go back to Banner in took all the knowledge and skills they will never take that away from me. Do not even waste your time unless you want to be micro managed and live life miserably. The worst place is the 4th floor PFS if you go there may god be with you. All the sups in that floor are evil!! They beat you to the bone for not making production and will write you up if you do not meet expectations or they will literally fire you without warning!!!
Benefits
Cons
Micro Managing, Horrible Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.