Banner Health Employee Reviews

The best job I ever have
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 21, 2017
This is best job I ever had. Coworkers are very friendly and management is the best. Schedule is very flexible and i feel very sorry for leaving this place, but I got my degree and it is time to move forward.
hard working environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 17, 2017
It was a hard working environment, heavy work load, lots of dishes, pot and pans and silverware to wash plus the putting away of everything plus emptying the garbage and cleaning the clipper when shift was over
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
no breaks
Wonderful work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northern Colorado medical centerMarch 14, 2017
I loved my coworkers wish there was more of a work life balance. There is great people that work to provide great patient care. I enjoyed working with so many of my colleagues and my bosses. There is really not much I can say about the nursing staff working well with the doctors. It is a different environment.
Low level of caring
Culinary Associate/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
The culinary department at least is very poorly managed and when problems arise human resources does nothing to help solve the problem. supervisors are held to much different behavior standards then a normal level employee( they can do almost anything they want with no punishment). they claim they want you to go to school but refuse to work with school schedule. I would never again apply to work for banner and tell everyone who asks to look for a different company to work for.
Pros
NONE
Cons
no break other then lunch, management does not care, your treaated like property that can be easily replaced
Banner is a great company with excellent benefits.
Senior RN Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 14, 2017
Healthcare work is stressful and working here was no exception. Fast paced culture with high importance placed on patient safety and satisfaction. Banner has a standardized uniform policy and provides a tobacco free campus.
this place was fun to work at.
Food Service Worker- Desert Banner Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2017
I really liked working here. I worked in the kitchen for 3years. I meet some really cool people there! I learned how that hosptail really well. the thing I enjoyed the people.
Banner Health Review
PRN Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 13, 2017
Enjoy the culture and the professionalism, but sad they don't seem to hire from PRN to full time employment. Preferring to hire from within and train people with lower education for Social Worker positions.
Pros
Good training, professional environment, good managment
Cons
They don't seem to hire from PRN to FT because they prefer in-house training at lower rates of pay.
Banner is progressive healthcare organization
Registered Nurse Case Manager - Ambulatory BHN (Current Employee) –  telephonicMarch 11, 2017
Banner is a progressive Health care organization working in an ever changing healthcare environment. The workforce is caring and professional with quality patient care as a priority.
Great Place to work
Human Resource Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
When you are apart of a great team work just doesn't seem like work. Granted that it can become very busy at times but as a recruiter, organization and attention to detail is a must. I would recommend this Company to anyone.
Pros
flexibility and leadership
Cons
pay could be better
Ok job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 7, 2017
seems to be more about the money than the patient and some judge
mental management can make things difficult if you don't conform. Benefits expensive and not enough recognition for a job well done
Pros
3 12 hour shifts
Cons
politics
Great organization with growth opportunities, particularly for clinicians.
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Banner Health. My immediate supervisor was fantastic and would give lots of latitude in allowing me to do my job. Many of the corporate leaders in HR are new to Banner, so there is definitely a corporate culture change that is occurring. Time will tell if they are moving in a positive direction.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 5, 2017
Banner is doing the best it can in this complex changing healthcare industry. They are learning to be very efficient to offset lower reimbursements. Employees and IT platforms need to be very efficient to survive and thrive in the current market. The CT department here is very busy most of the time. I enjoy keeping busy so it fits for me. Despite the day to day busyness, the majority of employees are upbeat and helpful. Management is very supportive of their employees and holds everyone accountable to the same standards. Those who don't work well in team environment don't last long here. It's a must to have teamwork in this CT department and hospital in general.
Pros
Perform advanced procedures, nurses in department, transportation, tech aides, good CT equipment
Cons
Stressful at times, department is spread out
productive workplace and fun environment
IT desktop engineer II/IT account management (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 4, 2017
Fun environment and Always challenging in giving you solid work when employed here but be careful with security because budgeting can cut you faster and a lot easier than anyone would think.
Fun workplace
Health Unit Coordinator/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2017
Atypical Day at work is busy, i learned to organize and prioritize my cay. management is great. Work place culture is multi-culture an a plus. Hardest part of my Job None. the most enjoyable part of my job co-workers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Short Breaks, pay
Progressive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2017
Push RN's to pursue higher education and certification. Hardest part of my job is holding patients in the PACU while waiting for rooms. Potential for HIPPA violations due to PACU environment.
Pros
work environment is supportive
Cons
In my present position would like to see more flexibility in staffing matrix
Under staffed, lack of management
RN on L&D, Postpartum Maternity Unit (Former Employee) –  Page, AZMarch 4, 2017
I relocated from Texas to train as an OB nurse at this facility. I felt alone and defeated in my attempts with asking for help during my orientation, to be met with no solid resolutions. Initially I had a different preceptor everyday due to the staffing shortage; with repeated apologies and reassurance that it would get better. I was finally presented with one preceptor, a preceptor who works with little to no regard for policy and procedures.
I resigned on 01-20-2017 just five months after starting this job.
Pros
New CEO is striving to improve hospital.
Cons
Short staffed, unprofessional staff, no organized orientation, no support for new nurse.
Great Culture: Active and Competent Leadership at all levels
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2017
This is a company that will inspire you to become the best you. The leaders are engaging and provide a positive growth culture. They are a large company and have large company problems when it comes to bureaucracy. Pay is lower than competing markets but provide many areas of growth and advancement.
Pros
Decent Benefits, workplace perks like new equipment, Positive and helpful culture
Cons
Advancement can come slow, Can have lots of process change
A great workplace for good experience and good managers.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2017
A good work environment with easy to work with managers and great advancement/experience opportunities. Perfect for those looking to pursue a health related career.
Great challenging workplace with supportive co-workers.
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 1, 2017
Everyday is fast paced with new learning opportunities. Required to work with a variety of people outside of our department, both inside the office building and in the six states Banner currently owns facilities in. Knowledge of a variety of rules/regulations is required in order to complete tasks and be successful. Timelines are generally associated with all work which requires setting priorites to accomplish everything timely.

Great work environment with both inhouse and work from home employees.

The hardest part of the job is keeping abreast of the new requirements, whether state or governmental, in order to be filing the correct applications.

The best part of my current job is a feeling of accomplishing tasks that help Banner to grow and be successful in the healthcare industry.
Productive fast paced & ever evolving environment.
IT Desktop Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work, great environment. Company doesn't really come short when it comes to the IT department. There is always ongoing projects and an endless supply of incoming hardware.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.