Banner Health Employee Reviews in United States

Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2016
Professional medical care with a compassionate edge. Great support from doctors, nurses, and special care services. Great coworkers and great leadership over the spiritual care Dept.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
n/a
Innovative Place to Work
good one (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
Good place to work. Pay is median but benefits are good. Some advancement but not in my current role. innovative company and willing to expand technology. Cant say anything negative but need to bee closer to family.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
Good, strong work family that puts patients first
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
Typical day of work begins by receiving the floor(s) you are working that night, and checking each patient to verify the medications given. Once a face to face report has been given by the off going Therapist, you begin administering all medications and treatments to each of your patients. Upon completion, we always call the other Therapists to see if they are in need of any assistance at the moment. After first rounds, the Clinical Leader checks the remaining treatments for the night then sees if people need to be sent home or if they can stay.

Coming from the VA, the patient population is much more vast and different. We have neonatal patients, pediatric patients, cystic fibrosis patients and everyone in between. It has been a tremendously education work environment where we are encouraged to seek further education in all facets of our jobs.

The co workers are a delight to work with. As I stated before, we always check on each other to ensure that we are being taken care of, and all of us are eager and willing to assist in any way possible.
Pros
Friendly staff, good work environment
Cons
Low hours for per-diem employees
Work/Life balance
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
While I stay with Banner because I truly love the effort they put into innovation and research and up to date evidence based practice; I also feel that they don't offer a good work/life balance. Banner also has a difficult time retaining RNs because of the poor pay.
Challenging and educational
Preop/PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 5, 2016
My experience with Banner has been overall positive. The Managers and staff are supportive and team oriented. I like the challenges I have everyday.
Pros
The friends I have made. I have learned and gained experience.
Cons
It is hard to get a lunch break
Please see below
PFS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Certainly DO NOT look forward to going to work; NEVER had an employer who caused so many sleepless nights and ruined week-ends; MANY employees UNHAPPY with Banner work culture, but do not speak up because of retaliatory tactics, which, of course, are denied.
Pros
Benefits, but NOT salary
Cons
Demoralizing work environment/culture, i.e., questionable mgmt
PFS Rep Colorado
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
While I can say that the medical staff and all support staff provide excellent patient care, I can't say that about the company in relationship to employees.

There is no room for growth unless you know someone with clout or play the right political game within the company in order to advance. The compensation for PFS jobs that are not management is ridiculously low in comparison to what Banner expects you to give as an employee. Upper management makes five figures or more while the rest of us are suppose to be happy with 2-3% wage increase each year. Give me a break at that rate I will never get ahead.

The benefits while at one time where top notch are no longer that, we get less PTO than the majority of companies out there give.
Well run organization
Area Services Director (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 28, 2016
The corporate culture makes you proud to be a part of the organization. It is well run with future success in mind. It is one of the best health systems in America in my opinion.
Great Place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
I worked at a teaching Hospital, and everyone in every department was always willing to teach me new things. I learned a lot about the interworking's of a hospital. This was a great experience
Banner Health
Assist staff (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
Banner health is one of those places that improves people and their life, literally. Being a security officer at Banner Health, you have an opportunity to improve yourself within the organization. Furthermore, the pay was great. Hardest part of the job was communicating with individuals who were upset. However, your training through Banner will help you.
corporate office
Human Resource Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
Difficult to grow, unless you get a good manager
Helpful co-worker
working environment could be improved, if the manager use best management technique
Banner Health- is a good place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2016
The work I do keeps you busy
I have learned so much about nutrition and the medical field and more respect for all in the same field. The management is good, like us they are always learning something new and are wiling to share the information so we are all on the same page. The hardest part would be entering in Tube feedings correctly. It takes more than basic math skills and there is literally no room for mistake. Also that there is a lot of co-workers that like to goof off and not help others out. The people I have met , they make this place enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Good benefits.. Room for advancement..Room to learn more and grow
Cons
Very far to travel but the benefits are worth it
great
Project Manager I, Operations Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2016
Some lack of support from management when instructed to complete work. Company operates with a lot of discussions about how to get work done rather then complete it.
Top of the field
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 18, 2016
Banner Health, while not perfect, does offer a multitude of opportunities.
My department, security, is fairly well managed. The pay is at the top of the industry and a work-life balance is fairly easy to manage.
Transition Process Challenging
FAC Desktop Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2016
After Banner Health took over UAHN in Tuscon it has been over a year of very difficult transition that will take easily another year to complete.
Banner in Phoenix is run under specific standards that don't seem to work in Tucson.
Pros
Big Company with lots of resources
Cons
Everyone has a massive work load that prevents timely response to internal users needs.
You'll need a bus pass working at Banner...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 10, 2016
As often as they through you under the bus you'll need a bus pass working at Banner.
The word they like to use is "Optimization".
Overload the employees until they can't keep up, then write them up until they can justify their other favorite word, "Term'd".
I've seen a lot of long term employees get run off because they didn't fit the "Vision" of management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hypocrisy
Great benefits, good stepping stone
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 8, 2016
very good company to work for, while finishing up school, trying to make final financial career decisions. and balancing out the two.
benefits
Cons
short pay
A great place to work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 6, 2016
A great place to volunteer,, Really enjoy the people I interact with.. I am a people person, so I am able to enjoy the people that come in to the gift shop.. Have made many people through my volunteer work...
Busy, fast-paced environment with great people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Managing incoming messages in task box, voicemails, walk in patients as well as scheduled patients. Rooming, taking vitals, EKG's, administering injections and documenting. Handling patient concerns and questions. Overall very busy days but wondering physicians and co-workers to collaborate and be a team with.
Banner staffing
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2016
Banner staffing is a great company for new grads to start. Very willing to get you the experience needed to move forward. The people are fantastic and I would not have a problem working with them again.