Banner Health Employee Reviews

Do not Work Here!
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Strategisist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Banner is one of the lowest paying companies in the market and they know it. They don't care about their employees and it shows. The leadership, including HR, is corrupt and mafia like. The company is horrible at innovation and any creative or logical proposal that goes against their lazy, take-no-action plan is considered combative. The company cut budgets, removed positions, and then stacked all the extra work on the current employees.
Pros
Lots of locations
Cons
Horrible Leaders, low pay, changing job responsibilities, poor work ethic
Focus is on budget, not patients, and management is lacking.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at Banner Thunderbird for 3 years and was one of the most senior nurses because turnover was so high. Nurse to patient ratios were 1:6, with no secretary, no manager assigned to the unit, and sometimes no aides. The beginning of shifts were spent answering call lights and phones, not giving direct patient care, resulting in late medication administration and assessments, and inevitably leaving patients feeling neglected and dissatisfied with their care. There was a mix between very helpful, and very lazy employees. If you were getting slammed you better hope it was a helpful nurse that was available to help, otherwise you were on your own. Every pay-period, the senior manager (whom you rarely saw on the unit) would send out an e-mail congratulating the staff who exemplified "financial stewardship" by clocking out of time (by 730). Those people that were on this list, were often the staff sitting in a corner, not answering call lights or phone calls, not assisting patients that weren't assigned to them, and not helping their fellow nurses, while the staff that clocked out late often did so because they were helping non-stop. Hard-work and good patient care was no praised, only your ability to save the unit money. I had my property vandalized and reported it to my senior manager, and nothing was done. If you complained that you needed more help, the response was that you were selfish and should think of how much the managers have to do (not a direct quote, but is seriously the summarized version of the senior manager's response). There was no effort to keep good staff  more... on the unit, and hence there was constantly new hires that required lots of time and training. It even got so bad that brand new hires were training brand new hires. Overall, it was a very poorly run unit, with an almost blatant disregard for patient safety. The staff are at the bottom of the priority list. To sprinkle salt in my wounds, there was never an exit interview, nor was there any commentary about my leaving. Management simply asked me for my badge on my last day. Im appreciative for the experience I had, but I would have to be desperate for a job to ever go back. I used to work night shift, so I had differential pay. I now work day shift at a new company, making $4 more an hour than I did working nights at Banner. They need to show a little more appreciation for their staff. Rant done  less
Pros
Met some amazing people, whom I hope get out of there soon!!!
Cons
Mediocre pay, poor management, poorly staffed, emphasis is on ways to save money, not patient care, and nurses get burnt out quick, and don't stay long (they aren't cared for well)
Most interesting places you'll ever work at (in a good way!)
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2017
Banner Baywood Medical Center has some of the best physicians that work in cohesion with multiple teams all to achieve the best outcome for the patient.
Good job
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Well staffed, friendly people. Decent pay and benefits. Twelve hour shifts, they also have part time and PRN if open at the time.
An amazing company with a mission statement everyone at the company believes in
IT Operations Director (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Banner was my second favorite company I have ever worked for. The teams they have assembled are full of amazing and talented people. Teamwork was the essential focus and the work from home policy took the company to a 5 star rating for work life balance. Everyone I encountered no matter if it was the CEO or a janitor at a hospital was friendly and approachable. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking to be a part of something bigger.
Pros
Work from home, staff, leadership, vision
Cons
Things move slow due to size
nice place to work
Certified Medical Assistant/PFS rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 18, 2017
The hours are great. the benefits are pretty good. There are plenty of places to transfer to within the company. The providers are amazing
Pros
great advancement
Cons
politics
fun place
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204January 17, 2017
busy place. Great people. Very fast paced with multiple opportunities to advance within the company. Long hours, with pretty good benefits minus the pay. Pay is lower than the normal for job description.
Great Place Great People
Sr. Manager then Director, Formulation Development (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Broad spectrum of opportunities to learn and grow. Friendly and professional work environment. Great HR support. Competitive salaries. Unique place to live and enjoy the city.
You get to meet alot of different people
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
You have your rough days when your pt is refusing to let them help you do anything for them and your good days I love going on walks with them the only bad thing that made me look for another job was when I had the pt husband physically attack me they did nothing about it didn't even call and check up on me when I was in the hospital
Pros
Meet new people and make friendships with your clients
Cons
Not getting the help you need
Wonderful organization to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this organization and would still be there but my mother passed away and I had to move to take care of elderly father.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Commute time
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2017
As with any hospital setting, days can vary drastically. This depends on many factors including patient load, patient acuity, and staffing. I really did learn a lot at this job and would return to this place of employment.
N/a
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Banner is a great company to work for. It has given me tons of experience thus far. I would recommend for anyone who is really trying to advance their careers.
Productive Team Environment
Food Service Culinary & Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
There is nothing to say short of an excellent environment where I can grow as a manager and to aspire to even more! It is an awesome work culture of people and employees, a job where it doesn't feel like work through all the compassion that is handed out on a daily basis. The compensation is based not only on your education but life experiences, this company allows for a family life and is almost always willing to work with you & your needs in an understandable manner. The management team pushes themselves to help you succeed and then some! I cannot say enough nor speak enough about the positives here, and I hope that we see more quality people try to apply and move forward with this organization.
Pros
Cons
Alittle micro-managment, but not bad.
certified nursing assistant
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Banner is a good company to work for. They have a lot of advancement to grow within the banner company with student reimbursment free training program i loved working for banner
It's a good way to get your foot in the door in a hospital setting
Culinary Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Overall I think Banner Health is a great opportunity, but I currently work in Culinary & it has horrible management they don't know how to treat employees with respect..
Unbalance job duties, terrible supervisor, low pay
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2017
Supervisor threat employee that they will get fired just because employee want to find a better position suitable with school schedule.
Job duties are not balanced to employee.
Pros
Cons
Short break, under paid, terrible supervisor
Love my co workers
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2016
I enjoy who I work with and the patients I care for. the management team is amazing and full of support . This company is caring, respectful and attentive
Banner Health
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
Banner has provided me an opportunity for the last 13 years to become more knowledgeable in my career and I truly appreciate the experience I have had working with Banner and my patients.
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2016
very good work place management could be better i did learn alot nice co workers for the most part very busy never a dull moment could use better structure
Biomed in a hospital is a great job
Biomed Tech II (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 26, 2016
Banner overall was great to work for. Didn't like some of the PTO policies overlapping mandatory holidays off but overall great leadership and work environment.
Pros
Co-workers and leadership
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.