Banner Health Employee Reviews

Great Culture: Active and Competent Leadership at all levels
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2017
This is a company that will inspire you to become the best you. The leaders are engaging and provide a positive growth culture. They are a large company and have large company problems when it comes to bureaucracy. Pay is lower than competing markets but provide many areas of growth and advancement.
Pros
Decent Benefits, workplace perks like new equipment, Positive and helpful culture
Cons
Advancement can come slow, Can have lots of process change
Horrible preceptor in Monitor room
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Banner Estrella HospitalFebruary 25, 2017
Beware, she yells, screams and spits on you. Eat 5 dinners a day. While doing my work I was consistently interrupted by her nonsense. I lasted a month. Sheri hated me, because she wants to be flex down and could not while traing. She called me slow, said I couldn't multi task, and don't know anything. Managers took her ide instead asking me to give my side. I know I'm a good worker and know all my cardiac rhythms.

If you get hired please be aware. Body is on your side.

Besides all that Estrella Hospital is the best. They give the best care.
Pros
Good hospital
Cons
The bad is Monitor tech Sheri.
Under staffed, lack of management
RN on L&D, Postpartum Maternity Unit (Former Employee) –  Page, AZMarch 4, 2017
I relocated from Texas to train as an OB nurse at this facility. I felt alone and defeated in my attempts with asking for help during my orientation, to be met with no solid resolutions. Initially I had a different preceptor everyday due to the staffing shortage; with repeated apologies and reassurance that it would get better. I was finally presented with one preceptor, a preceptor who works with little to no regard for policy and procedures.
I resigned on 01-20-2017 just five months after starting this job.
Pros
New CEO is striving to improve hospital.
Cons
Short staffed, unprofessional staff, no organized orientation, no support for new nurse.
Low level of caring
Culinary Associate/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
The culinary department at least is very poorly managed and when problems arise human resources does nothing to help solve the problem. supervisors are held to much different behavior standards then a normal level employee( they can do almost anything they want with no punishment). they claim they want you to go to school but refuse to work with school schedule. I would never again apply to work for banner and tell everyone who asks to look for a different company to work for.
Pros
NONE
Cons
no break other then lunch, management does not care, your treaated like property that can be easily replaced
Great place to start, poor place to stay
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 5, 2017
I specifically worked as a Medical Equipment Technician at Banner Home Care but my experiences were consistent with others throughout the company.

Banner is a great place to start if you are new to the industry, but there is no incentive to stay once you get experience. I say this because even if you do a stellar job and blow your yearly reviews out of the water, your raise will be a pittance. Wages, in my experience have been consistently higher among competitors like Dignity Health.

Management is poor and little is done to make lasting change for the better. Inter-department bickering and unwillingness to work together is rampant across the whole organization.
Authoritative
RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Although my coworkers are amazing people and the patients are what make my job rewarding, Banner upper management is authoritative. They do not value the nurse as a person but as robots. The type of position that I am looking for embodies a collaborative environment. We are short staffed due to a tight budget and over managed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the politics and requirements of the unit. In all the nurses are well qualified and give excellent patient care. They should be rewarded for all they do.
Do not Work Here!
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Strategisist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Banner is one of the lowest paying companies in the market and they know it. They don't care about their employees and it shows. The leadership, including HR, is corrupt and mafia like. The company is horrible at innovation and any creative or logical proposal that goes against their lazy, take-no-action plan is considered combative. The company cut budgets, removed positions, and then stacked all the extra work on the current employees.
Pros
Lots of locations
Cons
Horrible Leaders, low pay, changing job responsibilities, poor work ethic
An amazing company with a mission statement everyone at the company believes in
IT Operations Director (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Banner was my second favorite company I have ever worked for. The teams they have assembled are full of amazing and talented people. Teamwork was the essential focus and the work from home policy took the company to a 5 star rating for work life balance. Everyone I encountered no matter if it was the CEO or a janitor at a hospital was friendly and approachable. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking to be a part of something bigger.
Pros
Work from home, staff, leadership, vision
Cons
Things move slow due to size
You get to meet alot of different people
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
You have your rough days when your pt is refusing to let them help you do anything for them and your good days I love going on walks with them the only bad thing that made me look for another job was when I had the pt husband physically attack me they did nothing about it didn't even call and check up on me when I was in the hospital
Pros
Meet new people and make friendships with your clients
Cons
Not getting the help you need
Great organization with growth opportunities, particularly for clinicians.
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Banner Health. My immediate supervisor was fantastic and would give lots of latitude in allowing me to do my job. Many of the corporate leaders in HR are new to Banner, so there is definitely a corporate culture change that is occurring. Time will tell if they are moving in a positive direction.
Banner Health Review
PRN Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 13, 2017
Enjoy the culture and the professionalism, but sad they don't seem to hire from PRN to full time employment. Preferring to hire from within and train people with lower education for Social Worker positions.
Pros
Good training, professional environment, good managment
Cons
They don't seem to hire from PRN to FT because they prefer in-house training at lower rates of pay.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 5, 2017
Banner is doing the best it can in this complex changing healthcare industry. They are learning to be very efficient to offset lower reimbursements. Employees and IT platforms need to be very efficient to survive and thrive in the current market. The CT department here is very busy most of the time. I enjoy keeping busy so it fits for me. Despite the day to day busyness, the majority of employees are upbeat and helpful. Management is very supportive of their employees and holds everyone accountable to the same standards. Those who don't work well in team environment don't last long here. It's a must to have teamwork in this CT department and hospital in general.
Pros
Perform advanced procedures, nurses in department, transportation, tech aides, good CT equipment
Cons
Stressful at times, department is spread out
High volume office
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work is seeing 60+ patients per day. There is never a dull moment at this office. Management sometimes micro manages but everyone is very friendly. The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that we are like a family, we are a very close group and make things interesting and attempt to make it a great day every day we are here.
Productive Team Environment
Food Service Culinary & Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
There is nothing to say short of an excellent environment where I can grow as a manager and to aspire to even more! It is an awesome work culture of people and employees, a job where it doesn't feel like work through all the compassion that is handed out on a daily basis. The compensation is based not only on your education but life experiences, this company allows for a family life and is almost always willing to work with you & your needs in an understandable manner. The management team pushes themselves to help you succeed and then some! I cannot say enough nor speak enough about the positives here, and I hope that we see more quality people try to apply and move forward with this organization.
Pros
Cons
Alittle micro-managment, but not bad.
Banner Health overall is a positive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2017
Banner is a great place to work. They promote the importance of advancing your career. Management is very supportive and advocates for the employees. There has however been a change in the culture recently and the budget has become the most importance thing and therefore has been more difficult to get extra hours.
Great challenging workplace with supportive co-workers.
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 1, 2017
Everyday is fast paced with new learning opportunities. Required to work with a variety of people outside of our department, both inside the office building and in the six states Banner currently owns facilities in. Knowledge of a variety of rules/regulations is required in order to complete tasks and be successful. Timelines are generally associated with all work which requires setting priorites to accomplish everything timely.

Great work environment with both inhouse and work from home employees.

The hardest part of the job is keeping abreast of the new requirements, whether state or governmental, in order to be filing the correct applications.

The best part of my current job is a feeling of accomplishing tasks that help Banner to grow and be successful in the healthcare industry.
Receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206December 15, 2016
As a Front desk receptionist at a behavioral health facility had its good days and bad days. Knowing what you need to do on a daily basis was the great part. The hardest part about that position was always keeping your eyes and ears open to patients and staff. You never knew what kind of day the patients might be having so you had to always be open minded.
Pros
great job and staff was very nice.
Seeks to be industry leader in healthcare by the year 2020
Physician Integration Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Overall, is a good place to work, with competitive benefits, average salaries, and has weathered economic and industry changes through early innovation.
Pros
relative job security
Cons
Different divisions of the company operate in "silos, " thus creating communication challenges.
Stable Management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2016
Great management team that allows one to work and collaborate as one sees fit. They strove to find the best solutions for issues that would or may appear down the road 3-5 years and not just in 6 months. Staff had some very tenured employees so there was always a wealth of experience to draw from.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Funding for projects, many layers to get projects off the ground
Productive, and very organized place to work.
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work started with coming in, starting up computers, and opening Epic, and Pacs, making sure that all the rooms were clean, and stocked, doing patient intake, verifying allergies, and medications, removing sutures, and staples, along with doing wound care, preparing patients for X-Rays, and removing of casts, labeling products by expiration dates. I also prepared patients charts, allergy, and med lists, and face sheets, made phone calls to verify patient appointments, and pulled charts in order of patients coming in. in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job was the patient care, along with working with doctors, X-Ray Techs, and nurses making sure that patients get the care they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banner Health. Our community is ready to answer.